Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA release date leaked out?

This is like a hen-egg debate.

As long as there is no "Placebo", "Maruk", or "Suma" nametag at a post in this or similar threads I will simply avoid them from now on.

It´s just pointless to debate something we definately have not the slightest clue about.

goodnight.gif

This is like a hen-egg debate.

As long as there is no "Placebo", "Maruk", or "Suma" nametag at a post in this or similar threads I will simply avoid them from now on.

It´s just pointless to debate something we definately have not the slightest clue about.

goodnight.gif

i agree smile_o.gif

i think the hen came first.. it was some mutant thing which evolved into a hen thing which laid eggs then over time evolution evolved and it became a hen wink_o.gif

It's gonna be 1th of December tomorrow, maybe we'll get some info then.

It's gonna be 1th of December tomorrow, maybe we'll get some info then.

Let's hope notworthy.gif

I have only worked on one game sofar, but i know how tight NDA´s (non disclosure agreements) can be.

As an example, the devs might be dealing with publishers that either dont want anything out yet or want to be the ones that greenlights any material. (my situation)

I´m not happy about the situation either, but there is not much to do about it since there might not be any updates on media until they have decided on the publisher.

And yes, it was a 1 on 1 snipeout...didnt even use binocs for fear of the quite "visual" animation giving me away.

Alot of prestige when fighting your little brother wink_o.gif

Ah sniper battles! one my old favourites, i remember one lasting 5 hours with just a 2 on 2 sniper battle, the last few moment was just me and him. I decided to brake cover run to the town in the center of a vally after a long stalemate, it just happend that the other guy decicded to do the same thing on the oppisite side of the vally....We both seen each other he stoped to lay down, i quiklly stoped, aimed with out iron sites, and fired one shot off in a vaine hope that it would land a hit, too my suprise i head shotted him in the middle of his animation of laying down. Little too say some harsh words where thrown my way from the guy that died accusing me of cheating whiles i got applause from my dead and his dead team mate. biggrin_o.gif classic times, that was before resistance too! man ive wasted away so many hours of my early teens on this game...

Any way! in an attempt to get back on topic, Yes im sure we'll be hearing some infomation in the coming month. With it being the end of Q4 and all.

But you forget one thing:

BIS needs the community, but the community doesn't need BIS.(Please no funny remarks wink_o.gif )

You are aware that :

no BIS -> no ArmA -> no ArmA community ?

Certainly you don't need ArmA, you lived up there without ArmA.

But if you hope to play ArmA, you can't say the community doesn't need BIS.

something is wrong it says "silent storm: sentinels" is not released until after christmas this year(2005) but i've played it and i comleted god knows how many times and its gathering dust on my shelf since 2003 when i got bored with it.

so something is not right on that image.

Yeah Grand Prix 4 is on that list and I was playing that game back in 2002.

Im pretty sure that it was released on the US market at that time too (UK here).

Grand Prix 5 would do me nicely.

Edit : Ok its listed for XboX, my bad

something is wrong it says "silent storm: sentinels" is not released until after christmas this year(2005) but i've played it and i comleted god knows how many times and its gathering dust on my shelf since 2003 when i got bored with it.

so something is not right on that image.

Could be they confused it with hammer and sickle, the sequel of sorts for silent storm coming out this christmas/spring. confused_o.gif

Isn´t it Q4 today?...

It's the last month in Q4 so merry christmas to you all!

Hope there will be a early christmas present today.

Still along way till the end of the day you know, you'll never know what's gone happen.

wink_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

.... no present for us today, i guess sad_o.gif

Ah bugger, I was so looking forward to this day confused_o.gif

But it won't be that long until something shows up I guess.

But it won't be that long until something shows up I guess.

Yeah, I'd bet we'll defenitely get info abour ArmA this month. This makes me a bit happy. wink_o.gif

yes, either about it being released, or a new releasedate:p

Who knows, perhaps they are keeping it for the 6th of december, for santaclaus wink_o.gif

whistle.gif sticks a finger in the wind... December 21, 2005 sounds like a good date

June 22, 2006 which would be exactly five years after CWC was released.

Wow, 5 years since we lost our virginity to OFP CWC... Been a long time as a community, and always good to see fresh new faces... And sad to see new ones fade away sad_o.gif. I hope ArmA comes out soon, as its what the community is striving for.. And to tell you the truth, its whats keeping Flashpoint alive to this day. Addon and mod makers knowing that there will be future updates, in a form of another OFP-style game look forward to modding for it. BIS creates the community, but it is the people in the community that keep the game alive. Could you imagine playing with the normal resistance units? To me its just boring unless theres cool addons to play around with. Addon makers such as BAS, Laser, SJB, Footmunch, FDF, , BW mod, SFP, etc... Should be commended on brightening up this game for us. If it wasn't for their hard work and lack of sanity (What?? I made this for free?? :P lol) then we wouldn't have all these great toys to play with, and in a way rejuvenate OFP every so often. I wish making mission was easy, but man its sooo complicated I get lost just trying to make it enjoyable and lag free in MP. People, BIS supplies us with a way of meeting each other, helping each other out... And sending OFP to new limits. I'm sure the guys at BIS are hard at work, otherwise they would have a bunch of angry sadistic OFP people mad at them, and right now most people are content with how things are going. I have to admit, its been a long time since Resitance was released... What almost 2 years? So this update from BIS hopefully will have lots of new features and etc. for us to play with. I'm sure in due time, we'll have some info on ArmA... I have a 50 dollar Best Buy gift card with no expiration date. I'm gonna try to use that when ArmA gets released. Which hopefully will be some time soon ( 1-3 months?)

I have to admit, its been a long time since Resitance was released... What almost 2 years?

Resistance was released in June 2002 which is three and a half years ago. So June seems like a good month for BIS. I guess they want a summer vacation so they release it no matter what.