Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA release date leaked out?

VBS 2 is being demonstated tommorow, maybe news soon, that Å24 ive got is burning a hole in my pocket.

I worked for 4 hours to save that money up for Arma, I hope it comes soon...

i have the money saved up. just show me where the game is and i'll buy it.

you have customers positively clamouring for the product. how many products in the world have that advantage?

smile_o.gif

lol 30th December what a joke, I have sadly given up on this game now, I am going to buy Fahrenheit and Darwinia instead.

I've pretty much given up on it too. I was holding out, but got sick of waiting, so I bought Battlefield 2 instead. This has been long enough to wait, and hope Bohemia realizes what a mistake it is to keep it fans in the dark. I'm not even going to bother with Assault now, unless it has some incredible lagless, non buggy 100+ multiplayer aspect, which I doubt it will. Still, the original was an awesome game, so when Flashpoint 2 comes out, with both new engine and all new content I'll definitely buy that. But a re-engine of a 4 year old game has been too slow in the making. Sorry Bohemia.

lol 30th December what a joke, I have sadly given up on this game now, I am going to buy Fahrenheit and Darwinia instead.

I've pretty much given up on it too. I was holding out, but got sick of waiting, so I bought Battlefield 2 instead. This has been long enough to wait, and hope Bohemia realizes what a mistake it is to keep it fans in the dark. I'm not even going to bother with Assault now, unless it has some incredible lagless, non buggy 100+ multiplayer aspect, which I doubt it will. Still, the original was an awesome game, so when Flashpoint 2 comes out, with both new engine and all new content I'll definitely buy that. But a re-engine of a 4 year old game has been too slow in the making. Sorry Bohemia.

You know you're going to buy it. And if not, you'll be sorry. smile_o.gif

I still can't see why people say "Ive given up on it". You have only known about it since the end of May. Anyone who follows games knows you offten wait years for a game to come out... not 6-7 months. And they haven't even missed their target release yet, so you knew you would be waiting this long to beggin with.

And how can you say its been too slow in the makeing? For all we know it was started sometime this year... or even just before E3. You act like they have been makeing ArmA sicne Resistence came out... which they haven't.

Who knows - maybe they will give us a present the 1st December *hint hint* biggrin_o.gif

AFAIK, it's the day when Oprah will appear on David Letterman show for the first time in 15+ years.

I'm here to give you jus warning not to turn this thread into same oblivion a few threads has gone into. no talk about BIS's marketing or complaints about release dates. period.

Oprah Roxah tounge2.gif

On topic again after Ralph offtopic post nener.gif

Im pretty sure BIS will give us some info soon. Or we will just have to visit the arma dev team in prague. I wonder how much BIS really does talk about the difference games. Suma is working on Game2, right?

sometime december im counting on armed a to get released, damn i was trying to save money for a new graphics card too but this will be a hard choice crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

one of my comps with a geforce 4 mx needs to get pimped a bit wink_o.gif ( fixed, boosted , tuned , upgraded, polished you name it ) if i can cut down on cola & shit maybe i can make it work tounge2.gif

Come on, we didnt even start waiting for ArmA yet, after all, ive been waiting for S.T.A.L.K.E.R since winter 2003, and its release date is pushed back to end2006-summer2007  tounge2.gif

You know you're going to buy it. And if not, you'll be sorry. smile_o.gif

Sorry dude, not gonna happen unless the mutiplayer is massive and bugfree. Actually I wish they'd just cancel Armed Assault and focus on Flashpoint 2.

I sure as hell hope they dont, ive been playing OFP, and I so cant wait to see it the way it was meant to be played.

Big respect for those that keep their hopes up and their spirits high!!....for the other peeps in the audience, i have this minor to say..

I waited for the first game in the forums for a VERY long time, i remember alot of the old names here.

Still i dont see them do alot of bitching (cant remember to much bitching back then too).

And it might be OPF 1.5 and you should be happy for the chance of getting it.....why?, alot of people here has played this game for years and years and countless people have contributed their time to get mods and conversions done just for the love of the game and the community.

I could go into all the other games i have waited for in forums only to feel totally cheated when i got to try their "revolutional" hyped game....but i wont as i get the feeling most of us have been there.

I have played tonnes of games out there after OPF and found only two or so to be worthy to be on my hd fulltime, Richard Burns Rally and Dangerous Waters....all else is just seasonal.

Bohemia are THE guys in the biz that i have found to be trustworthy, and when they take their time they do it for a reason...they have no intrest in creating havoc.

I got work so i need my 5 hours of sleep, but this forums should be more united in their support and trust of BI, remember this is the only game in town.

PS. I thought OPF taught patience....i once waited in a clearing for 4 hours waiting for a good shot on my brother smile_o.gif

And if you are tired of waiting, go get laid/pissed/play something else ffs, tantrums are for babies.

Bohemia are THE guys in the biz that i have found to be trustworthy, and when they take their time they do it for a reason...they have no intrest in creating havoc.

I got work so i need my 5 hours of sleep, but this forums should be more united in their support and trust of BI, remember this is the only game in town.

PS. I thought OPF taught patience....i once waited in a clearing for 4 hours waiting for a good shot on my brother smile_o.gif

And if you are tired of waiting, go get laid/pissed/play something else ffs, tantrums are for babies.

But you forget one thing:

BIS needs the community, but the community doesn't need BIS.(Please no funny remarks wink_o.gif )

And without the community BIS wouldn't be able to make these sequals, so this is definetly not the right way... Well, I said that 200000 times before, I'll stop now confused_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Come on, we didnt even start waiting for ArmA yet, after all, ive been waiting for S.T.A.L.K.E.R since winter 2003, and its release date is pushed back to end2006-summer2007 tounge2.gif

Yeah, I'm hoping the date doesn't keep getting pushed further and further back like stalker or like HL2 did before it was finally released.

I mean they just kept changing the engine and tweaking it over and over, and by the time it came out there was nothing really groundbreaking in it at all :-(

12th february 2006 is when i will have my copy in my hand.

Trust me...

prove it

BIS needs the community, but the community doesn't need BIS.(Please no funny remarks wink_o.gif )

And without the community BIS wouldn't be able to make these sequals, so this is definetly not the right way... Well, I said that 200000 times before, I'll stop now confused_o.gif  goodnight.gif

I don't know about you but I will die without BIS.

Ruhk you really waited 4 hours for a shot?!!!

Man!! are you sure you were playing OFP?!!!

Cuz i wouldve blow All the islands to bits in 4 hours!!!

What were you doing, flying a seagull and trying to shit on his head?!!!

I could get off 40 times and still get the perfect shot!!...in 5 secs!!!

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I do know what you mean but never the less it would be a very dark day. Example where is Falcon 5 ? and then when Janes left where is Longbow 3 ?

Anyway as for the release date info, I think it is a educated guess and that is all. This game was not even suppose to happen but I guess BIS (the programmers) can not wait until the second game comes out to test some of the stuff they learnt making OFP Elite.

Your right they are the only guys/gals in the business a little time on screenshots public relations and updating the site might stop the havoc, maybe if there were more games like this one out there a little competion would make them think twice about the lack of but there isnt so I just sit and wait and wait.... some day soon i hope...

btw would love to know what you mean by trustworthy where you comming from saying that i dont understand what you mean? Do you know them personally cause i wouldent trust a company thats out to make money I just judge on the finished product and support after it but trustworthy I wouldent go that far.

P.S. 4 Hours to shoot something, you wait 4 hours on ofp and your a corpse I have no patience in ofp and it teaches me that when i play im not a camper im a killer muhaha. btw im talking player vs player here.

4 hours for a kill, was it somekind of hardcore sniper deathmatch? We must have a game sometime  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BIS needs the community, but the community doesn't need BIS

I disagree

I disagree to, if the community wouldn't need BIS, BIS wouldn't have released all the patches, so alot more to worry about banghead.gif , and also, without BIS, there wouldn't even have been a comuninty wink_o.gif

Does the money YOU earn depend on OFP or BIS? No, it doesn't. And I ment this kind of remarks...

BIS needs the money, WE pay for the game. But you lived without OFP before, so you won't fall and die, only because of no BIS...