Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

ArmA release date leaked out?

I saw this in a local magazine called NAG, the magazine doesn't mention ArmA elsewhere and never has before so I got a shock when I saw this. They have a page where they list the US release dates for games and Armed Assault was in the list for the 30th December! I have no idea where they got this date from and I'm posting it here for you guys to see. I scanned the page, here is a link:

NAG Dec 2005 US release dates

Well, if think their amount of knowledge about a release date is the same as ours.

Since ArmA release is still officially scheduled for Q4 05 they simply put it' s name in that page.

Nothing more.

Klavan

PS

Naturally I hope to be wrong. smile_o.gif

PS2

crazy_o.gif

After looking at the other threads i think this will be closed within instants.

I'm guessing that most mags etc. use educated guesses

Yea, maybe. I buy this mag every month and I have never see them mention Armed Assault before, so it just seems a little strange. Maybe someone just saw Q4 2005 and put it there on the last day of 2005 confused_o.gif

Well not much left of 2005 so I just hope to see this game soon.

lol 30th December what a joke, I have sadly given up on this game now, I am going to buy Fahrenheit and Darwinia instead.

these are the fruits of the BIS information politic.

There you see it. sad_o.gif

Oh dear, that wouldn't be good. That's too early if that's true.

With the amount of PR it has been given it should at least be halted until Q1 2006.

It well could be possible this is the first leak of the target release date. Becuase if it was simply an educated guess then why wouldn't they just put it on the 31st as the last day of 2005? Just becuase the devs haven't said anything, dosn't mean its not coming out when they had intended.

Of course tho, its hard to take this as the set release date as no where else has it listed. All we can really do is hope that it has some lagitimacy, and that the devs sstart talking soon.

many sites have had it either the 1st december or the 30th december.

Its the standard date when a release perioed like Q4 is announced. Either the first day in the last month, or the 30th in the last month (Simply because not all months have 31 days).

31st is saturday, maybe they figured that friday would be more likely. Anyway, they're just guessing so who cares.

I hope it isn't 30th December.. It'll get totaly ignored, either a bit before C'mas, or mid January.. Just after christmas noone will be buying new games, and by then the game would move away from any "New Releases" bits where people might stand a chance of noticing it... confused_o.gif

- Ben

I hope it isn't 30th December.. It'll get totaly ignored, either a bit before C'mas, or mid January.. Just after christmas noone will be buying new games, and by then the game would move away from any "New Releases" bits where people might stand a chance of noticing it... confused_o.gif

- Ben

Well thats not exactlly true. Think off all the people returning games they don't want and getting new ones, as well as the thousands of kids who got money for christmas who are out there looking to blow it. Not to mention thoes out looking for sales in the week after christmas. Deffinatly a busy week for the stores... obviouslly not as busy as before christmas, but not bad none the less.

- Ben

Well thats not exactlly true. Think off all the people returning games they don't want and getting new ones, as well as the thousands of kids who got money for christmas who are out there looking to blow it. Not to mention thoes out looking for sales in the week after christmas. Deffinatly a busy week for the stores... obviouslly not as busy as before christmas, but not bad none the less.

maby yes, and maby dont....

but, how do you want to sell a product if peoples would even known about it? before that i expect some movement on official website, some ads, not mentioned about a demo version of the game... have you seen any of those, anywhere?

nope... so... most likely 2006... not the q4 of 2005

hopfuly it will come out faster than Battlefield 3.... mad_o.gif

- Ben

maby yes, and maby dont....

but, how do you want to sell a product if peoples would even known about it? before that i expect some movement on official website, some ads, not mentioned about a demo version of the game... have you seen any of those, anywhere?

nope... so... most likely 2006... not the q4 of 2005

Well lets say for the sake of converstation the release date IS the 31st. That would still give them a month to release info, demo, screenshots, etc... plenty of time.

Its not like there is NO info about it. We already have quite a bit of info, and a decent amount of screenshots. Plus there is nothing saying they are going to release a demo... so really theres not a whole lot we're waiting for. Were waiting for a release date, some screenshots, and some final info. All stuff that could be released in a very short time period. So really its all up in the air. Could be 05, could be 06, could be never.

My guess is BIS is busy making OFP:E work on XBOX 360 ... but I will be very happy and surprised if we get ArmA in 2005.

My guess is BIS is busy making OFP:E work on XBOX 360 ... but I will be very happy and surprised if we get ArmA in 2005.

rofl.gif

lol, they don't have to work on that, microsoft has to work on that, they don't even have an xbox 360, and it's microsoft's problem to be backward compatible tounge2.gif

I will buy it after christams cause thats when you got money again biggrin_o.gif i dunno how things work in your countries but in mine every1 get their salaries , funds ect. the 25th every month... thumbs-up.gif yay i hope its a close christmas release smile_o.gif

I will buy it after christams cause thats when you got money again  biggrin_o.gif   i dunno how things work in your countries but in mine every1 get their salaries , funds ect. the 25th every month...    thumbs-up.gif   yay i hope its a close christmas release  smile_o.gif

Round here we usually get paychecks every Friday or so. Depends on the place you work.

Me? I'll get it the day it comes out. I will probably be the only person within 10 miles (Kilometers. Whatever.) to get it. And I will be proud! tounge2.gif

guys, guys, there's still 33 days, or 792 hours or 47520 mins or 2.851,200 seconds till the end of 4th quarter 2005! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

guys, guys, there's still 33 days, or  792 hours or 47520 mins or 2.851,200 seconds till the end of 4th quarter 2005! crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Plenty of time

Em, if I'm right Microsoft is making the codec packs.

I am very surprised for this silence... Espectro , have you news from placebo?

If the release will be for next month i think somes mag announce it... and i m afraid we will wait until next week but i would like to know date !!

Hope a newssssssssssssssssssss !!

Kasper

Arma French community

ww.arma.fr

12th february 2006 is when i will have my copy in my hand.

Trust me...

..which could mean it's out tomorrow, but your just very slow at buying it? tounge2.gif

Err, how'd you konw this anyway..? icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben