Sign in to follow this  
caz

america outa saudia ?

thought i saw on the news last night that they have been asked to leave

in my option once the oil runs out over there no-one will give a f**k about them anyways

theres not much chance of oil in saudi running out in the near future

If they were asked to leave they would have to go or face a world of trouble with every other country in the world.

I dont think thye should leave, Middle east is just a big place for terrorism to flourish and no offense but we should just quash it, with whatever cost and measn possible.

Errm there are many places other than the middle east and perhaps more so than the middle east where terrorism "flourishes"

If a foreign force was occupying my country (albeit in a non hostile manner) and I asked them to leave, I would full well expect them to do so.

But the Americans being there is what cause a lot of the hate. Most Arabs just what them out as the feel the US is violating there land and believes.

Osama Bin Laden main hate of America came partially from them putting troops in Saudi which he really did not want there and was angered by it and still no doubt has a grudege about it.

Why does America need bases overseas? They don't have any colonies, or a Commonwealth, unlike the UK?

Even American bases on NATO territory seems a bit outdated to me, the Soviet Union is gone after all ffs.

Just a thought. ALways wondered how they are trying to justify that one...

at peacetime.......why does one need to have a army outside own borders?

Well, teachnically the falklands are outside of britians borders but we need troops there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fenna @ Jan. 19 2002,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, teachnically the falklands are outside of britians borders but we need troops there.<span id='postcolor'>

No they're not, they're British territory.

The Saudis are NOT our friends. They used us in the Gulf War, we used them. That's all there is to it. There is no great bond between us. They harbor terrorists, they pay for terrorists, and generally we overlook this because they have oil. If our politicians weren't so damn corrupt we'd already have broken our dependancy on foreign oil. There is NO reason we should still be needing these people. Let them turn back into the desert wasteland that God intended them to be living in. Then they can ride around on their camels and curse the US all they want. Without the money to buy boats or even plane tickets, we're not gonna have much to fear.

Britian has alot of bases overseas to help defend contries or for training.

A few examples

Belize- the british went out there because Guatamala wanted to invade so the british acted as a deterent and trained the Belize Defence Force(BDF) now they do jungle training and a small base with around 80 troops (support training exercises)

Seirra Leonne- fairly recent so no need for detail, the british stoped rebels from entering the capital and later trained the SLA(seirra leonne army).

The UN force did a very bad job out there

I hope they do tell us to leave.Maybe iraq can do us a favor and just attack them.Then we can sit on the sidelines and tell them to have fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Jan. 19 2002,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Britian has alot of bases overseas to help defend contries or for training.

A few examples

Belize- the british went out there because Guatamala wanted to invade so the british acted as a deterent and trained the Belize Defence Force(BDF) now they do jungle training and a small base with around 80 troops (support training exercises)

Seirra Leonne- fairly recent so no need for detail, the british stoped rebels from entering the capital and later trained the SLA(seirra leonne army).

The UN force did a very bad job out there<span id='postcolor'>

Is it just me or are your examples part of the former british empire???

Most of the empire is still in the commonwealth, so it kinda makes sense for britain to have bases there etc.

But the US dont have something like that, not even the commonwealth to hide behind and use it as an excuse. u getting my point?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Jan. 19 2002,21:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Britian has alot of bases overseas to help defend contries or for training.

A few examples

The UN force did a very bad job out there<span id='postcolor'>

Is it just me or are your examples part of the former british empire???

Most of the empire is still in the commonwealth, so it kinda makes sense for britain to have bases there etc.

But the US dont have something like that, not even the commonwealth to hide behind and use it as an excuse. u getting my point?<span id='postcolor'>

I think they the bases over there for the next big conflict.What abouut kosvo,bosnia,others(?).

@EX RONIN, im backing you up by giving those examples.

@FOXER, Kosovo and bosnia are diferent because the US is part of the NATO stabilisation force out there

US is over there because Saddam refuses to let UN inspectors check for bio and Nuclear weapons and weapon facilities, which was a MAJOR part of the "cese fire" (surrender) terms.. so untill he complies the US and NATO will stay up his ass..

he's the one keeping the US over there.. not the US..

besides, he may be the next target.

why US needs bases everywhere:

to fuel ships for the navy that project force to stabalize/keep peace in regions

to provide runways for times when air power is needed.

to have a place where troops can quickly respond from if and when trouble comes up

to protect us interests abroad

I'd say the biggest reason is, if something starts going down someplace, and we had no bases, it would take much much longer to mobilize a force to react to whatever threat there is. By the time the cavalry made it to where ever it needed to be, it might be too late to be effective. This would cause many more casualties than there would be if we had bases in the region where we could respond quickly from.

Here are some intersting points regarding US bases around the world.

1.they were losers of war. Japan lost WW2, and thus US occupies them. No one asked Japanese to bomb US. Germany. Also a looser in WW2. Italy..also same thing

2. countries that were under above countries but was freeded by US's war against Axis; Phillipines, Korea, Guam.

3.countries that opened doors for reluctant reasons.; Saudi Arabia(thanx to that mustache-ed psycho from neighboring country)

So basically, US only has bases when they either had to get into war, or had to use the land to prevent other country from invading other land.

Afghanistan. We sent them loads of stuff, yet never bothered to set up a base even after the soviets left. I think they now will keep a base there.

US base basically allows US to send troops fast. If US had no base in Saudi Arabia, war against terrorism would have been a lot more difficult. so for US's sake bases are important.

This current issue about Saudi asking US to move out..well...we'll loose shit load of advantage....but for once, why don't we let them do whatever they want, and when things get rough for them and they need US's intervention(like stopping another Saddam Insane) make them realize how much they need to depend upon US?

Of course, if US pulls out, then Arabs should not stick their nose into non-Arab world, like supporting those bandits of Phillipines who claim to be fighting(what a joke) for Islamic state(Abu-Sharif?).

I say leave, every situation the United States encounters in foreign affairs is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So I would prefer damned if you don't, and save a ****load of tax money while you are at it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedRogue @ Jan. 20 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say leave, every situation the United States encounters in foreign affairs is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So I would prefer damned if you don't, and save a ****load of tax money while you are at it.<span id='postcolor'>

...but thats the drawback isn't it? You/US have an interest in being present. To dominate as much as possible simply by being there, is your benefit.

Well here is how it works for the US in forigen war/peackeeping...

If we go we will be criticized for everything we do, no matter what.

If we dont we will be accused of letting innocent people suffer and turning out back on them.

when every little dickhead on the face of the earth collects and examines every shit you take its rather hard to appear perfect.. even if you do something completely right and the best way possable.. its still not good enough for some people..

and as they say the squeeky hinge gets the greese.. the only opinions that are generally heard are the negative, not many people feel like announcing when they are content.. but will roar like wild animals when they get pissy..

my solution? fuck em..usually the reason they are bitching is because its all they are worth a shit at..

its kinda pathetic to sit back and do nothing about a situation and then bitch and moan about the people who are doing it..

as they say.. if you want something done right DO IT YOURSELF.

Here's another example of what Wobble's saying.

Kosovo(I might be wrong on some names of places)

When Kosovo's slughterting ethnic cleansing began(i think it was around 93), human rights groups were yelling at US for not doing a thing as an international community's member. Those human rights groups were protesting, yelling...but the slaughter only stopped when US attacked Kosovo, and forcing the Butcher of Balkan(Milosevich) get his ass in Serbia.

But what happened during the attack? HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS ACCUSED US OF USING FORCE!!!!! For god sakes!!! onetime you are accusing US of doing nothing, and when it does something you are saying 'Don't do it!'

And just what happened? Those idiots finally got their wish of stopping genocide only after US went 'barbaric'.

Man i'am happy these forums merged.Before the merge it was just me and some other defending the usa.Now we got lot more american to fight these commie europeans off smile.gif .