Sign in to follow this  
Dowie100

Release Thread 2

Yes 30 pages of asking for info and we get that reply, why did he bother.

Damn I was trying not to complain, but this situation really is a joke

well, note the smilie. it can mean something or nothing at all, bit I always think positive wink_o.gif, so I think that they both locked that thread, and the comments on the ArMa site for a reason... of course, feel free to think otherwise but I think(and hope tounge2.gif) it gets in the shops before xmas_o.gif

BIS = ArmA/ Game2

BIA = VBS2/VBS1       BIS isn't "working" on VBS2. whistle.gif

thumbs-up.gif

And I don't think BIS would cancel ArmA, considering the progress, even if they don't find publisher they can release by themselfes rather then cancel the whole thing. A delay is most likely going to happen but I doubt that it will be cancelled.

And who do you think programs all of the game engine, tools and all that? BIA might create some VBS specific content but BIS does the real thing wink_o.gif .

Plus what Arma progress are we talking about here?

i do hope ArmAs is released soon as i would like to buy it for christmas.

having sold over 1 million copies of ofp surely most publishers would be dizzy at the prospect of getting their hands on such a well received titles sequel?

Im wondering if Aras will come out before vbs2 does (3rd quarter 2k6) confused_o.gif . If things didnt go well with a publisher for it then it might even get canceled crazy_o.gif .

Can imagine a terrible open letter for the comunity stating:

"Dear OPF comunity, unfortunetly no publisher showned interest in publishing our tittle "Armed Assault", so we had to focus on our next gen PC game, VBS2 and move on...blablah..."

I wouldnt be surprised but im still feeling half positive wink_o.gif .

Yeah, I think this could happen... sad_o.gif

Im sure there would be no problem with getting a publisher. BIS just has to find the best one for them... and who knows, they might be in talks with Codemaster even. We just don't know till the announcement comes. But the odds of that announcement being that there is no publisher, are very remote IMO.

lol so they locked the other thread huh, i was surprised it lasted that long to be honest, just shows how busy those guys are right now, i actually so some real rude language in there and it stayed for 3 days.thats highly unusual. somethings on the horizon i can smell it. smile_o.gif

only trouble is its not arma its VBS2 smile_o.gif. when will you guys realise that research and development is an expensive part of any development and right now a game called ofp elite is out there being played /reviewed and tested by a community. and that game contains many things that will be included in arma, so any glitches in that game will most likely appear in arma, so they will be ironed out b4 release smile_o.gif.talkin bout wavey trees ,tidal stuff,seaguls ,hawks. JIP etc etc.just like they learned from the cwc community with res and res with vbs and no doubt vbs community helped with vbs2. ofp elite will be good feedback for arma. so dont hold ya breath. gonna be at least spring 06.

ALL THAT FRUSTRATION AND ALL THE PR GUY SAYS IS

"Enough already smile_o.gif" IS IT REALLY WORTH IT ?

Dude for the last time there is no VBS talk here. Simply because VBS (ergo so is VBS2) is made and managed by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE AUSTRALIA (BIA) and ArmA is made by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIOS (BIS). Its two different teams working on 2 different games. The progress of one does not hinder the progress of the other.

If threads get locked, they get locked for a reason wink_o.gif .

Yeah, the spamming in the thread, similar to this one. Ol' mr Statham could have been a little more clear that he meant the spam was ''enough already'', and not the (mature) discussions about a release (whether on schedule or not).

The fact that some of the BIS crew are active in other sections of the forums and unnaturally quiet in this one (specially in the threads that refer to release dates) is an evidence, IMO and as many of you stated, that they have their hands tied up by some sort of commercial strategy (maybe in the form of a contract clause) that would be forcing them to behave this way. Just to put out an example: If BIS announced today the nearby release of ArmA, couldn't this be an influence on the number of sales of the recently released OFPE? Could it mean a loss of sales caused by potential customers of Elite, owners of both an XBOX and a PC, deciding not to buy OFPE and wait for ArmA (which should be technically superior)? Is this plausible? Could it be the other way round if not (Arma being negatively influenced by the proximity of the release date of a very similar title)? Could this "commercial strategy" be setting the minimum interval period between the release of OFPE and the next title? If so maybe the delay of OFPE could explain the delay of ArmA that many of you are predicting (Without taking into account the consequences that this contingency may have had on the development process of Arma).

I myself don't know the answer to all these questions (why would I be asking them if not biggrin_o.gif ) but I have the feeling that the actual situation could be as uncomfortable for BIS as it is for some of the members that have posted in this thread.

i have been gone.. but now i am back!

so.... where is that game?? confused_o.gif

lol so they locked the other thread huh, i was surprised it lasted that long to be honest, just shows how busy those guys are right now, i actually so some real rude language in there and it stayed for 3 days.thats highly unusual. somethings on the horizon i can smell it. smile_o.gif

only trouble is its not arma its VBS2 smile_o.gif. when will you guys realise that research and development is an expensive part of any development and right now a game called ofp elite is out there being played /reviewed and tested by a community. and that game contains many things that will be included in arma, so any glitches in that game will most likely appear in arma, so they will be ironed out b4 release smile_o.gif.talkin bout wavey trees ,tidal stuff,seaguls ,hawks. JIP etc etc.just like they learned from the cwc community with res and res with vbs and no doubt vbs community helped with vbs2. ofp elite will be good feedback for arma. so dont hold ya breath. gonna be at least spring 06.

"Enough already smile_o.gif" IS IT REALLY WORTH IT ?

Dude for the last time there is no VBS talk here. Simply because VBS (ergo so is VBS2) is made and managed by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE AUSTRALIA (BIA) and ArmA is made by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE STUDIOS (BIS). Its two different teams working on 2 different games. The progress of one does not hinder the progress of the other.

http://www.bistudio.com/inside/people.html

BI Australia (BIA)

David Lagettie

(go and check the pic of the guy)

Personally I think Codemasters was the main reason about releasing Elite, and Codemasters is the big problem of bis, BIS really have a good PR with the community (just check the number of Suma post), but since Codemasters own flashpoint trademark bis is "fucked" (sorry bout the word)....

@Guba

I think ur right

PD for guba: totalmente deacuerdo smile_o.gif

Que importa que tarden un ańo más si no hay otro juego parecido, personalmente puedo continuar jugando flashpoint ańos...

PD translation: Who cares..., there is nothing like flahspoint out there. I can continue playing this game for years...

only trouble is its not arma its VBS2 smile_o.gif. when will  you guys realise that research and development is an expensive part of any development and right now a game called ofp elite is out there being played /reviewed and tested by a community. and that game contains many things that will be included in arma, so any glitches in that game will most likely appear in arma, so they will be ironed out b4 release smile_o.gif.talkin bout wavey trees ,tidal stuff,seaguls ,hawks. JIP etc etc.just like they learned from the cwc community with res and res with vbs and no doubt vbs community helped with vbs2. ofp elite will be good feedback for arma. so dont hold ya breath. gonna be at least spring 06.

"Enough already smile_o.gif"  IS IT REALLY WORTH IT ?

False, BIS and BIA actually work together on parts of VBS, the original code all comes from BIS anyway.

Also I noticed the public comments have been removed from the Armed Assault website, some guy posted on there that he was from BIS using BIS@producer.cz email, I laughed and replied, now all comments have been taken down lol.

well BIS needs to be careful what they are doing next.

not telling people why they have deactivated the comments

on the ArmA site can get really dangerous, if they dont compensate

or explain that in the next time.

otherwise BIS reputation might suffer - apart from their game

one if not the most important point of what BIS stands for.

we will see...

Quote[/b] ]well BIS needs to be careful what they are doing next.

not telling people why they have deactivated the comments

on the ArmA site can get really dangerous, if they dont compensate

or explain that in the next time.

I guess they need no big explanation for that. Any user that has read through the comments will understand that they deactivated it. Using foul language and posting immature rants is nothing you want to have on a page for an upcoming product. It´s just rational that they removed the feature just like other pages also did throughout the last years. No big surprise here. In fact I was surprised that they reacted that slow.

There are a lot of things about BIS wich makes me and i think a lot of the Community angry.

for example that they can only release an OFP 1,5 and not an OFP 2 after FOUR years! or that they give no infos about anything!

But its ok. I'm calmed down about it. But there is one thing I become very very angry about. They say not once good words to the community. Words like "Sorry, there are reasons for all of that, but we can't tell you now. Please wait and trust us!" This terrible ignoring of the community makes me disappointed! When i would know that there is no one from BIS whos watching our comments, i would understand it but we can see that they are often online in the forum and make only comments like "Enough already  smile_o.gif " that makes me crazy!

confused_o.gif

thx for reading me...

John R.

(Sorry for my bad english) huh.gif

Why wouldnt ArmA be out before VBS2? If they are sharing the same engine which it looks and sounds like, then it would make sense to "use" us as "beta testers" so that as many bugs as possible are ironed out before it gets put to use as a real training tool. Nothing like finding out in the field someone didnt find a certain bug and it cost lives! Well off topic sorry.

If it is released next year then all that means for us is that we get a more polished game and hopefully less bugs!

Oh and 4 years of inactivity? I think not. OFP:E? Real Virtuality 2(ie game2) and ALL the tools used to build the VR world and also they do all the VR(ie motion/hand/face capture, very advanced AI aswell as physics, and the modelling tools) stuff in-house! This stuff take time. Ask a mod maker how long they spend on a good model? now ask them how long it would take to build the program that made the model?

Hell I too wish that we had more info but we dont so all we can do is what we have been, no not the bitching, I mean the waiting. Crap of topic again. Damn better go before I cause this to get locked crazy_o.gifwhistle.gifgoodnight.gif

Oh 1 more thing to BIS notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif do any good? no? what about a page full? still no? crap rofl.gif

the evolution of successor-release-threads:

YOU inlove.gif -> notworthy.gif -> yay.gif -> whistle.gif -> confused_o.gif -> crazy_o.gif -> banghead.gif -> pistols.gif -> goodnight.gifBIS

...life goes on xmas_o.gif

The big problem with this situation is that people will just give up and go and play something else. By the time ArmA finally comes out (if it ever does) will we really be bothered?

The vast majority of original OFP players dont play the game anymore due to the state the game is in right now (cheating and lack of players). If BIS are trying to send their community to play their rivals games then theyre doing a pretty good job.

Even if the game is almost ready, that would not explain why the MODs are not doing their job in this forum because the MODs do squat about coding the game and are employed to keep us all here in order. They have seemed to have let things run riot in these forums of late and only lock threads with irrelevent comments and do not answer any questions.

Heres my final speculation - maybe Codemasters contract means that they cannot produce a game for so many months-years like some band contracts are with record companies? Maybe BIS had to buy out of their contract with Codemasters because Codemasters were not enthusiatic about publishing a rehashed 4 year old game which just had tarted up graphics and a new island?

Maybe BIS are waiting to recuperate funds from OFP:Elite so that they can finish ArmA?

Anyway, Ill be playing BF2 and Ghost Recon 3 which are either all ready out or have a proper release date. IF BIS cant be bothered to treat their fans with a little respect then Ill take my money elsewhere.

crazy_o.gif

I can see it coming...

No we're all pissed about the lack of information and in a few days when the tension is at it's top, bis comes out with a demo and 3 trailers of armedassault and the whole ofp community stops their regular life, locks itself up at home and just play's armedassault. and we'll all obey to bis and praise them to heaven. That's what will happen i'm telling you! This time now is like the "taking breath before the jump!" biggrin_o.gif So we'll see xmas_o.gif

The big problem with this situation is that people will just give up and go and play something else. By the time ArmA finally comes out (if it ever does) will we really be bothered?

Yep, there is nothing out there that doesnt suck, there is nothing out there close to 4.5 year old Flashpoint, because OPF is not just a game, its a genre of its own so we have to wait for a better one, there is no escape smile_o.gif .

Analising ARMA is funny, first pics looked like OPF:E, latest 4 pics look VBSish, there are no concrete ARMA pics imo, there is the plot, new island and concept and we know there is a better game engine but ARMA might be something that wont come true, an idea that might have been replaced by something even better rofl.gif .

It could be worse. Stalker had a release date of May 2005. In April they said that the game will be delayed.It's almost December so 2 months for AA is not that long.On the other hand we don't want a rushed game like Soldner wich was released much to early. They could have problems converting the Flashpoint Elite engine from X-box to PC. There have been games in the past where the conversion was rushed wich resulted in bad sales for the PC version. We'll just have to wait. It's not that we don't have anything to play. Old flashpoint (ofcoarse), FEAR, Starship Troopers, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 2, Quake 4, Earth 2160, Call of Duty 2 to name a few. Just keep on playing and before u know it AA is released. xmas_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, Ill be playing BF2 and Ghost Recon 3 which are either all ready out or have a proper release date.

Whee-haa, no need for ArMA when there's such great games coming. I really wish you'll enjoy those very exciting titles.

<span style='color:white'>Maybe you'll enjoy them so ****ing much that you can stop whining here, threating to take your money elsewhere. What, like 30 euros, I'm sure BIS is devastated about this information.</span>

Hehe, very cunning Metal Heart. By the sound of things, before doing anything BIS needs to send out a very large shipment of diapers for those wetting themselves over this subject.

I can not understand how people can get "angry" over this. I can see that they are, but it doesn't make sense to me. I for one am content to wait, playing on OFP and Mafia and H&D2 (oh the fun I have...). I for one don't like people criticising the conduct of BIS when from their conduct on the forums, and all the patches they've given us, it's obvious the team wouldn't do anything to deliberately piss-off (excuse-me) the community.

I personally ascribe to the notion that there are Publisher troubles, on the tail-end of the release of OFP:E, and that there are contractual obligations which prevent BIS from releasing more information at this time.

Everyone believes what they want, but I just feel that pessimistic thoughts of conspiracy, contempt et al. are just bizaare.

lol you know i am sure i met you on a server once saying

go go go go go go.

now i know why you got so many posts , you just post nothing in reply to a debate. do me a favour if arma does come out dont change your name ,then if i see you on a server in ofp/armawatch, i can avoid you. Child

I can not understand how people can get "angry" over this. I can see that they are, but it doesn't make sense to me.

You have to understand they are maybe between 15 and 17 years old and everything is complicated. I was always angry about everything at that age.

Let's be glad that this isn't a CS/BF/JointOps or Söldner forum. The underage rule over there and it is far more difficult to communicate (you have to fight through the endless bitching/complainig/flaming threads to get some information or to find someone with some sense to talk to).