Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Addon/Mod Ownership - Q&A.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]It should do but sadly it doesn’t always work.  There’s a big spat brewing with 2 BF2 modding teams and a 3D modeller, there are some post on the Creative Arts forums, about this very topic.  I know several people (including me) are writing articles around this situation.

Any links to this situation?

Thanks for the feedback.

Not direct public ones that i know of. Register on the Creative Arts website and have a browse on there of Interllectual property rights its in the Subscribers sections.

There is one thread in there that links directly to the actaul arguments but you will have to register there too.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (ag_smith @ Dec. 05 2005,20:15)

Quote (Lt HuNTeR @ Dec. 05 2005,02:08)

Also, where were you planning to put the lods? As far as I know Oxygen is the only program to offer the possiblity to make more then one model in a single file. I haven't yet come across a program that can do this as well.

p3dedit ?

yeh but at its current state p3dedit does not allow sufficient tools to make models from scratch.

"lods" can be made in maya, modo, 3ds max and halon aswell...

p3dedit can do that to but its crap...

bitchy to handle

oxygen is more specific though.

there fore oxygen shoudl be used to make ofp models smile_o.gif

I just saw that video for the first time... I can't believe it!

Talk about freakin' blatant!

Mw, this an excellent thread - damn our community is good. Nice to know BIS have got their big mailed fists watching over the excellent addons everyone churns out! Also good to know the VBS flattens whatever crappy setup they've got going. nener.gif And the old guy played Guba in the original.

If I was in the Mapfact Team, or Agent Smith - I'd be baying for blood!

You can not stop dishonourable wastes... can not prevent them from stealing your tears and sweat. They are wastes so they act so. They steal... Once they plagiarize parts from books for projects at college, then copy-paste some part of your work... You can not prove this if they alter significant parts of your creation to a level. Poor wastes are proud of this. They feel smart this way.

I just wanna point out that altho we have this whole topic of addon ownership.

I see alot of OFP addons are borrowed form other games,textures ripped from other peoples work and freeware 3dmodels used extensively (most all freeware models also state that you must give authors credits)

I think someone should go through all the public OFP addons and wipe out the ones that are questionable.The ones that are copywright violations

While on the subject of copyrights:

Does the O2 UELA affect the SOURCE MODEL, if something is imported by a user who has made it with another 3d program?(for example Studio Max.)

If a person makes a model in Studio Max, then imports it into OFP. Can they still sell the SOURCE MODEL made in MAX.

While on the subject of copyrights:

Does the O2 UELA affect the SOURCE MODEL, if something is imported by a user who has made it with another 3d program?(for example Studio Max.)

If a person makes a model in Studio Max, then imports it into OFP. Can they still sell the SOURCE MODEL made in MAX.

Many thousands of people use 3DS MAX in the US alone. If having a model made with 3DS MAX and not edited with BIS tools, still means that all of the models will become BIS's property/are restricted to being freeware, then BIS would need to give the genius who came up with that idea a raise.

In other words, selling a source model that was made in a 3rd party program is entirely legal, as you are not selling the changes you made with BIS tools, but only the source model made with the 3rd party program.

The source model made in a 3rd party program has nothing what so ever to do with BIS or any of it's partners.

Halo, how to replace official soldier with the addon i have? without conversion mod. is it possible?

Quote[/b] ]
(Q:) I recently viewed a promotional video for the military training software “DARWARS Ambush!†The video showed addons that I have created being used without my permission.

(A:) Firstly, it should be noted that the promotional video which was circulated to promote “DARWARS Ambush!†and thus raised the issue at hand was released September 2004; it was recorded prior to that date and represents “DARWARS Ambush!†in an early developmental stage, the video does not reflect the current state of “DARWARS Ambush!â€.

Subsequent to the raised issue of community content being used without permission in “DARWARS Ambush!â€, representatives of Bohemia Interactive recently met with BBN (developers of “DARWARS Ambush!â€) to discuss the issue. BBN informed us that they have removed all community created content that had been used without permission. BBN provided a demonstration of “DARWARS Ambush!†and no unauthorised community content was apparent.

It is important to note, military customers who use “Ambush!†under licence may subsequently download and use Flashpoint community created content without the permission/knowledge of BBN or Bohemia Interactive, unfortunately there is really no way to know if this is happening.

We would strongly suggest that all addon makers concerned about their addons being used in such a manner, and without permission, take the appropriate steps to include a EULA with all content they release into the community, the EULA should clearly states that the item must not be used in any kind of commercial way, that it can be used only as entertainment within Operation Flashpoint and is not to be used by military organisations for training.

For more information on EULA’s and similar please consider the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EULA

http://www.eulascan.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_software_licenses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_license

Nice to see that nothing was ever done about this. I saw at least 3 booths today at I/ITSEC that had Darwars running and nothing has been changed or removed... they've just added more community content. I saw nothing but community content, AGS, Mapfact, lot's on Tonal and Cat Afghan models, etc. Not a single thing removed or changed.

Nice to see that nothing was ever done about this. I saw at least 3 booths today at I/ITSEC that had Darwars running and nothing has been changed or removed... they've just added more community content. I saw nothing but community content, AGS, Mapfact, lot's on Tonal and Cat Afghan models, etc. Not a single thing removed or changed.
Quote[/b] ]Subsequent to the raised issue of community content being used without permission in “DARWARS Ambush!â€, representatives of Bohemia Interactive recently met with BBN (developers of “DARWARS Ambush!â€) to discuss the issue. BBN informed us that they have removed all community created content that had been used without permission. BBN provided a demonstration of “DARWARS Ambush!†and no unauthorised community content was apparent.

Breach of contract?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]Subsequent to the raised issue of community content being used without permission in “DARWARS Ambush!â€, representatives of Bohemia Interactive recently met with BBN (developers of “DARWARS Ambush!â€) to discuss the issue. BBN informed us that they have removed all community created content that had been used without permission. BBN provided a demonstration of “DARWARS Ambush!†and no unauthorised community content was apparent.

Question is whos lying to whom now.

So is BIS going to take action or are the Addonmakers going to have to file a lawsuit?

...and will DARPA decided that copyright is suspended for government use like they did with Airbus last year?

BIS made money out of this so i guess they stepped back?

http://www.fa-57.army.mil/newsletter/online/Summer2006/sims.html

Cool blackhawk and infantry units.

A funny thing about AMBUSH! is the credits behind this project, like:

Quote[/b] ] Ambush! is a PC-based convoy team trainer developed by BBN Technologies in cooperation with Total Immersion Software and Savage Entertainment.

And the $$ behind it?

Quote[/b] ]

Still, “DARWARS Ambush!,†with a development and distribution price tag of up to $2 million, introduces more soldiers and Marines to the hazards of convoy driving.

From http://www.navyleague.org/sea_power/dec06-18.php

Not bad at all...

Is there any chance to port the textures from Arma buildings onto the ones in OFP? The Res seem fine, but the original OFP buildings could use a make-over.

I took a look at the .paa/.pac files for ArmA and it looks like the mapping is almost completely different per each of the older buildings.

Any thoughts?

i remember it was allowed to use all in bis content in bis games wink_o.gif mlods are released, so i see no technical trouble

Quote[/b] ]ofp is not a BIS product. the name is owned by codemaster

we're talking about models not trademark wink_o.gif

The ArmA model release EULA can easily be read here.

As it states:

Quote[/b] ]1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

So ArmA content can only be used for ArmA, QG and any further sequel or expansion pack.

Hi guys I am looking for permission from a few people namely suchy (for his marine assault pack) and blackblood (bleed troops).

Ive emailed both and have had no reply Ive also sent the creator of this thread and have had nothing back.

Can I get any help?

Does anyone have BB's(Battling bitch) email,because I need his permission about WW2 Military objects pack....

Thanks in advance!

Hello People!, Does anyone know how to contact RCWC team who made a mod, these Devs were active in the VK in 2017 or 2018 i don't remeber well, and i really dont want to talk with sapper since he's not responding to my DMs in discord