Sign in to follow this  
el Gringo Loco

Naughty, Naughty CIA and Boeing

BEIJING, China (AP) -- China says it has discovered 27 bugging devices in a U.S.-made Boeing 767 it bought for the personal use of President Jiang Zemin, according to reports.

The tiny, highly sophisticated devices were hidden in the jetliner's upholstery, including in the president's bathroom and the headboard of his bed, the London-based Financial Times said, citing unnamed Chinese sources.

It said Jiang was outraged at the discovery.

The bugs were discovered when they emitted static during a test flight after the plane's delivery in August, the newspaper said.

In a separate report, The Washington Post said Chinese army communications experts found the bugs in October, days before the plane's first official voyage.

Copied and pasted from CNN.COM

like they could indentify where they were made, the cia is a little better than to put little stickers saying "made by cia (please dont tell anyone)" on thier equipment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 19 2002,13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">like they could indentify where they were made, the cia is a little better than to put little stickers saying "made by cia (please dont tell anyone)" on thier equipment<span id='postcolor'>

What does it put then, made in China?

It used to all be made in west germany until the wall came down.

I don't think their that stupid(the cia),i bet you they have more bugs on the plane.When the USA embassy was built in russia there had bugs on every floor,soo the usa built more levels to the embassy with american workers. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Jan. 19 2002,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think their that stupid(the cia),i bet you they have more bugs on the plane.When the USA embassy was built in russia there had bugs on every floor,soo the usa built more levels to the embassy with american workers. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

So what if they have more bugs? By the looks of it they are not going to use it now. Apparently it has been taken apart completely at a secret base somewhere.

This is funny but what would happen to the relationship of usa and china after this. it will probably get (even) worse (cuz usa went on with star wars program)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Diablo_NL @ Jan. 19 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is funny but what would happen to the relationship of usa and china after this. it will probably get (even) worse (cuz usa went on with star wars program)<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget the little misunderstanding an american spyplane had some couple of months ago with a couple of chinese jetfighters in supposedly chinese territory.

That was funny, your not having your plane back, you wernt watching where you were going biggrin.gif LOL

hmmmm..what I hear is that the interior decorations were done by a US company, and the owner of that copmany has last name of 'Gore'......smelling something? I doubt if that is related to Al "the boring robot" Gore.

from what i hear, the interior decorations company was guarded by Chinese. Thus, if US sneaked in those devices, that's pretty good.

But I also gotta wonder why China decided to realease the news after 3 months. Are they that stupid to wait 3 months to decide the devices were from US?

It's another propaganda add-on for what both countries and everyother countries do.

Also, on unrelated news, I heard Chinese jet fighters are again stalking US planes near Hainan Isle in the South China sea. they stayed 150m away this time.