Sign in to follow this  
sparky

Wrp from Dem ----> Visitor

Yes i finally did it. I manage to get my dem

into visitor!!! biggrin_o.gif

the way is simple and tricky  wink_o.gif

every time I tryed get my wrp into visitor Buldozer crashed, but only with my wrps not BIS, so i though that this in a way has to do that something is wrong.

And yes somehow wrpedit's wrp files are not exactly accepted by buldozer, (maybe the flag mapping or something I don't know) buit i do know that when.....

Open one BIS islands withe wrpedit (Abel,Cain,Eden) then import the txt file that you have with heightconverter above bis island (don't do anything else) and then save the file in wrpformat.

Now open Visitor (new project ) connect to buldozer and import you wrp file (you will get the usual message of not ractangular) disconnect buldozer and reconnect again and push reload buldozer and MAGIC!!!!

your island is here BUT.

wih all BIS stuff inside it so now you can delete bis objects and do the necessary processes with the wrp from visitor cause a lot of info are about wrong...

But it works perfect biggrin_o.gif

I almos forget for additional help if anyone wants it pm me or email !! yay.gif

That sounds cool XSparky, if i knew what you are talking about. LOL. I'm sure it will help alot of noob's, but doesn't anyone use WRPTool anymore? I'm still trying to get my Parris Island .dem into WRPTool and I swear nothing is working. Got any suggestions on it. Cuz i don't know if I'm ready to convert to Visitor just yet. But, I'm open to trying it.

you can't put a DEM into wrptool directly.

you need some steps before that.

1)microdem convert your dem to XYZ triples (Lat/Long)

2)heigh converter (converts your XYZ file to TXT format.

3)import your txt file into wrpedit, and save it in wrp format

4)open this wrp file with wrptool.

that's all. it's sounds easy, but the first steps are little tricky though.

I have a tutorial for how you can convert a dem to XYZ triples, merg dems and resample them. If you want it just email me.

You can also use Wilbur edit program, to load DEM in edit them directly and save it to Lat/Long .txt