Sign in to follow this  
spad

FOR WH40K fan

Marvelous - thought the Ultramarines Terminators colours looks a bit to bright. Btw isnt the Crux Terminatus on the right shoulder instead of the left?

Only thing we need now are some Warhammer 40K style buildings - anyone in making?

How many (and which) space marine chapters and guard units are you going to make???

I'm already wondering about the great variety, it's gonna be a huge pack! And good to see there are some other Wh40k enthusiasts in this community wink_o.gif

Today, I've spent all my spare time on workink on the uipictures. Maybe should I get cloned ? rofl.gif

the only shortage of WH40K is it's so adictive tounge2.gif

e.g. I check the forum now two times every day for updates

pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

quiet_man

Hi,

this mod is really great!

I`m a big fan of warhammer 40k and your mod

I just want to ask if I can help you

I m a modeler and I can do a little bit animations

I have done the Juggernaut, the GDI Soldier, the Harvester and many more models for the TG mod

I would be very happy if I can help you

for msn messenger: michaelschmid98@hotmail.com

for Icq: 302653364

Sam

@ itim_tuko

The termies are just beginning being textured, and I still have the old models. Also, as I'm working on cpps, I don't posses all the needed textures, so that my pics are still showing untextured parts, and that I can hardly show some other exo-units.

There's still a lot of work to do : missing LODS, cpps, external and internal textures, sounds, special scripts & p3d corrections (Sanctuary's help is invaluable in these last 2 matters notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif )

=========================

@ [ASO] Farandir

The first release should include 3 chapters :

- Ultramarines (most developped in therms of units and vehicles)

- Dark Angels

- Blood Angels

The latter two chapters are mostly here as "reinforcement".

We'll also develop, after first releasing and added working :

- Black Templars

- White Scars

- Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard, Black Legion, Night Lords)

If we include in our calculations Eldars, Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos,... the major risk is that we could have at the end more addons that OFP folder could manage in order to work sad_o.gif

So we try to identify the most relevant units when creating them.

What would be the use of having the entire armoury of a Chapter at your disposal to fight just Firewarriors with pulse rifle ?

Or having 10 kinds of Titans for each side, one unique standard fighter a one armoured vehicle for each side ?

Imperial Guard currently includes :

- Cadian Shock Troops

- Steel Legion

- Tanith First & Only

Static support weapons (laser cannon and heavy bolter) were originally made for the Steel Legion, but I'm lobbying so that they should belongs to the cadian units. Steel Legion being a mobile mechanized force, static weapons would fight against their combat doctrine (also, according to GW figures, SL has man portable missile launchers, not tripod using ML). Cadia, more infantry specialized, may fight a more static war, in defensive and counter-offensive actions.

Tanith ghost, of course, are here for infiltration, special action and skirmishes. Mobile, fast but nearly unarmored.

Larkin has his own custom sniper rifle (according to Abnett's description). Consider Marksmen and Master Snipers rifle as a classic 7.62mm rifle (3 modes : Single - Full power, damage x2, power consumpt. x4 - Full Auto) and Larkin's custom long-las as a heavy 12.7mm rifle (single shot, bulky ammo including hotshot clip and spare barrel).

==================

@ shaun2002

You can't even imagine the chilling feelings you may have when hearing the burst of sonic bangs created by 5 falling pods, one bang after an other. You thus undertand that death is coming upon you yay.gif

Raising your eyes, you'll see the smoke trai of the pods, and you'll know then that you'll miss time to pray for the safety of your soul thumbs-up.gif

What sounds do you need?

And those screenshots are SOOO good! This is going to be the best ever mod!

I may try to come up with some custom maps for this!

Sam @ Feb. 17 2006,14:03)]Hi,

this mod is really great!

I`m a big fan of warhammer 40k and your mod

I just want to ask if I can help you

I m a modeler and I can do a little bit animations

I have done the Juggernaut, the GDI Soldier, the Harvester and many more models for the TG mod

I would be very happy if I can help you

for msn messenger: michaelschmid98@hotmail.com

for Icq: 302653364

Sam

Hey, a new recruit to fight for glory! pistols.gif

quiet_man

Thanks all for the support  inlove.gif

About sound, I don't know. I want to change the bolter's sound, and some others. But until all the rough work isn't finished, it is not today's priority. However, when finding sounds for the drop pod, Sanctuary wrote me that some were in stereo, which could prevent some players to play with OFP, so he modified those ones. I only have Nero Wave Editor, and it seems taht I can't change stereo sound into mono. Help may be needed for that later.

Moreover, if anybody found interesting sounds and propose them, he'll have my full thoughtfullness   wink_o.gif

With the help of Yarbi, new icons are available. With a little handtrick (whick has its own limits, for ex. if an eldar took a bolter, his silhouette in the command bar will be a Space Marine w/ bolter), some particular character, having a slightly modified gun (just name & uipicture), will have their own individual silhouette.

With spad, we also testing a kind of primary combi-weapon (sword+pistol,...) allowing close combat unit to run as fast as any rifleman. Otherwise, a soldier with just a pistol would run slower and could not be adapted to fast close combat assault.

deathcoyicons0ek.jpg

As you can see on the upper picture, each warrior has his own image in the command bar :

- 1 : CQB Death Coy SM with combi weapon boltpistol+sword

- 2 : Death coy SM with bolter

- 3 : Chaplain Lemartes

Edit : Oups, the pic exceeded the 100ko size limit... notworthy.gif

Would you be able to send me the sound you already have? I have been giving a fair bit of thought to the sound of the bolt round...and I might be able to knock something up...(something with a deep pop as the round leaves, followed by a woosh/roar as the rocket propellant kicks in and the flight of the bolt fading out....) this is inspired from the novel "space marine" where the author describes the sound of distand bolter fire

mighty_draegon@hotmail.com on msn

Also, what sort of sound did you have in mind? more impact sound or semi-explosive? I have a sound that is a mix of explosive AND impact

If we include in our calculations Eldars, Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos,... the major risk is that we could have at the end more addons that OFP folder could manage in order to work  sad_o.gif

What would be the use of having the entire armoury of a Chapter at your disposal to fight just Firewarriors with pulse rifle ?

Or having 10 kinds of Titans for each side, one unique standard fighter a one armoured vehicle for each side ?

I for one would rather have all the addons, even if I had to set up a mod folder and put in ones that i want to use, and swap them round with different scenarios.....Even though Idont think there would be too many to handle! I would still like to see all the Tau, eldar, imp gaurd and marines....the more the merrier!

some tau vehicle from shard

the devilfish

b1206vd.jpg

b1214go.jpg

skyray and hammerhead (need small texturing i know)

b1228pm.jpg

b1236qe.jpg

new tau turret are on the way screen when shard finish them biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Quote (SPQR @ Feb. 17 2006,14:37)

If we include in our calculations Eldars, Tau, Imperial Guard, Chaos,... the major risk is that we could have at the end more addons that OFP folder could manage in order to work sad_o.gif

I for one would rather have all the addons, even if I had to set up a mod folder and put in ones that i want to use, and swap them round with different scenarios.....Even though Idont think there would be too many to handle! I would still like to see all the Tau, eldar, imp gaurd and marines....the more the merrier!

It's true I have more than 3,2Go in my addon folder with ffur2005!

and now the tetra tau bike

goodnight.gif

b1241jf.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Quote (SPQR @ Feb. 17 2006,14:37)

It's true I have more than 3,2Go in my addon folder with ffur2005!

An addon folder can handle more than 4.5 gigs of addons without the game crashing (dunno about other effects though), it's not uncommon for me to load up 7-8 gigs of addons at once. The fps then again is what you can expect with 512 RAM and medium-high settings... below 20... crazy_o.gif

the tetra interior view, with tv for watching game when you don't fight biggrin_o.gif

b1256va.jpg

*Jumps upp and down lika child* Mesa like, mesa like.

I think I need to uppgrade my computer.

exo armor XV81

b1307hs.jpg

when scriptor finish their work, all model are done waiting script, laser effect and multiturret script that's all

when scriptor finish their work, all model are done waiting script, laser effect and multiturret script that's all

smile_o.gifsad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifhuh.giftounge2.gificon_rolleyes.gifxmas_o.gifmad_o.gifrofl.gifcrazy_o.gif

just a few things going through my head when reading this

keep up the good work

quiet_man