Sign in to follow this  
T J

littlebirds

just while i remember,

try flying as gunner with an AI pilot, with a couple of enemy AA soldiers dotted about

or... try asking for a LB extraction too (must be grouped to the LB), very nice wink_o.gif .

This upgrade is amazing and the birds look much more like the rl counterpart, everyone involved did an amazing job, the strobes look great, there are really many fine details to be found in this release, some of wich are done even better than in the MH60 pack.

The fire efects and sounds are also top notch, this update is great, its hard to imagine it being thrown away.. the LB's compliment the BH's much better now.

I havent found any bugs so far in this beta, at first i though the cammo net was a unfinished feature but it just takes a bit to come up thumbs-up.gif .

awesome work, good to see it released finaly.

btw Sniperwolf572, you nicked my forum avatar from the vivendi SWAT forums! no problem though wink_o.gif

Ok, dont shoot me over this, but due to some lack of space on the hard disk I uninstalled OFP last month in favour of Pro Evo Soccer 5. But then came this addon, I tossed off America's Army and Football Manager off my pc and reinstalled OFP. The Littlebirds just rock my socks off.

The new cargo anims make them very elite. The others options sound cool, gonna try that out tomorrow. Just had a nice flight with 4 '90s era (S) Delta's on the benches. It looked so damn elite I thought I was in heaven.

TJ, you made my day!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

LAZER's SEALs have the VBSS and LW versions; don't know if you haven't seen them but they are really well done, and look pretty rad with these Little Birds.

That way you're not reduced to sady begging for an addon that you know won't be coming out, and getting told and sorted out, and then some.

Anyone got some good sugestions for making a a.i chopper fast rope in a squad that is a.i controlled with more precision?

every time my chopper always goes running into buildings , mountains , drop off the squad 800 meters to far off tounge2.gif

i followed the readme instructions but i get messed up everytime , its pretty random not knowing if the birds will miss the drop site or if the birds will miss the drop site and crash into a building in the town we are supposed to attack, the bird is not a part of the squad its seperate.

Anyone got some good sugestions for making a a.i chopper fast rope in a squad that is a.i controlled with more precision?

every time my chopper always goes running into buildings , mountains , drop off the squad 800 meters to far off tounge2.gif

i followed the readme instructions but i get messed up everytime , its pretty random not knowing if the birds will miss the drop site or if the birds will miss the drop site and crash into a building in the town we are supposed to attack, the bird is not a part of the squad its seperate.

I've written a script that will setpos a helicopter into place... then simply run the BAS script directly from there... so it will be in the exact position.

awesome man, love it.........fast roping, new cargo anims (tried to find it all over the net), ability to put up motorbikes............this is just unbelievable......very very nice addon

one thing that i really love is the camo net feature and just as with the dust script, they chage colour to conform with the terrain, seriously great addon. If you don't have it already..get it!

I've written a script that will setpos a helicopter into place... then simply run the BAS script directly from there... so it will be in the exact position.

Try to use the fastrope waypoint on an invisible (H),

should be a little bit more precise.

as for the ai drop offs, check out how I did it in the demo mission.

glad you are all enjoying the addon, and I do appreciate the 'self help' support you are giving each other.

As you find out how to use the features, please spread the word. Cheers

every time my chopper always goes running into buildings , mountains , drop off the squad 800 meters to far off  tounge2.gif

Try to use the fastrope waypoint on an invisible (H),

should be a little bit more precise.

Setting it's behaviour to "CARELESS" might also do some good. If enemy troops are near and it detects them, the chopper may go and find a safer place.

But attaching the waypoint to a (H) should indeed give you a 90% chance of it actually dropping the troops on that spot. If you want more precision you need to do some scripting I guess.

yeah i tried your sugestions but them birdies just ram the buildings in the city im going to attack, the waypoint is move with the script line in the action field of that waypoint to fast rope, the chopper isnt grouped with the soldiers and both groups got their own waypoints search & destroy once the chopper has dropped off the troops.

tried the invisible H but it didn't work and i tried careless but it didn't work either, one of the few times it worked was when i had soldiers and two choppers grouped togheter but the choppers should be able to drop off troops without being grouped to them i hope.

@Homefry

where i can find your script? Searched through the editors depot for your name there but came back empty handed biggrin_o.gif

Very good! But....

All! of the ClassNames in a new ReadMe-file don't correspond to the earlier Littlebird versions.

The current Littlebird versions isn't compatible with previous?

Beforehand thanks.

The class names were changed so that the update would not break old missions (if specific add/removes were used) unfortunately it means that the pre-update littlebirds will still be used in pre-update missions (scripting and config wise, the updated models and textures will feature)

For chopper insertion onto specific spots without h-pads

i could maybe help out. smile_o.gif

Check out the thread i once posted at ofpec:

how to use waypoint type scripted

There you should find chopper insertion in my 3rd

post including the scripts.

By playing around with some parameters in the script you can

for sure manage to get a fast rope insertion where you want

too.

~S~ CD

DeadMeatXM2

Ok. Then it's simple a typing error?

ReadMe v.2.0(new):

MH-6J - ClassName: bas_amh6

MH-6J (Armed) - ClassName: bas_amh6a

AH-6J (Gunship) - Classname: bas_aah6j

AH-6J (Multi Purpose) - Classname: bas_aah6mp

ReadMe v.1.1(last):

MH-6J - ClassName: bas_mh6

MH-6J (Armed) - ClassName: bas_mh6a

AH-6J (Gunship) - Classname: bas_ah6j

AH-6J (Multi Purpose) - Classname: bas_ah6mp

As you can see, the names are completely identical, except for the "superfluous" letter "a" in everyone.

No, no error.

We changed the class names (with the "superfluous" letter a - which stands for airweapons) so that the update would not break old missions. The old classnames still exist, but they do not have the new scripting or loadouts of the update.

This version IS compatible with the previous version, in that the previous version still exists in the configuration, they are simply hidden in the editor.

Love the LB:s one of the best choppers to be released in OFP. But I ca'nt get the MP version to work. Some thing about no modelspecial.

When this update to the LBs was being developed, we used a mission for MP testing called 'The Swoop'. Since the update was never released, neither was this mission.

However, since TJ put the beta out into the public domain, I have been meaning to post this mission as well. Like the update, it is not an official BAS release, nor is it 100% complete (there may be the odd minor bug). Still, it should be some fun for those of you who downloaded the beta update.

Get it at: BAS Littlebirds Swoop

Enjoy!

- Fer <TZW> smile_o.gif

thanks a very though mission he will not folow me he just runs away when he joins my squad.

STGN

You may find you need to order him to return to formation (1-1) a few times, but it is possible to complete the mission.

Glad you enjoyed it - we had a lot of fun testing it with our friends from <TZW>.