Sign in to follow this  
timmy_the_tortoise

specs

I don't think they've said anything about the requirements for ArMa. I'm guessing that it will run smoother than OFPR and scale nicely to low-end comps too.

And nothing will be enough really, just like it's with OFPR, when you get crazy with the graphics settings or make huge missions.

nothing is told by BIS, wait for the game to go gold before asking questions, they won't answer it anyway, probably getting locked I hope...

I am sure you will be able to play ArmA on a computer that can handle Resistance. Of course you can't run it on high details but low is better than nothing.

I am sure you will be able to play ArmA on a computer that can handle Resistance.

Well thats good news.

Right now its anyones guess. What kind of specs do you have?

I for one hopes it doesnt have issues like texture warp/tear and AA problems with my 6600GT as OFP is currently having , its so putting off i dont even find playing OFP appealing these days sad_o.gifmad_o.gif .

I for one hopes it doesnt have issues like texture warp/tear and AA problems with my 6600GT as OFP is currently having , its so putting off i dont even find playing OFP appealing these days sad_o.gifmad_o.gif .

OFP is four years old, Nvidia's drivers are made for today's games.

Arma will be a "today's game", so lucky you!

The specs could be thesame as that of OFP:r , however, if they'd uppen the required specs it would mean you would have more details, more units on screen, etc.

My guess is a minimum 1.3 Ghz processor, DirectX 8 card, 512 ram.

but hey! it's just a guess ( +/- 50% OFP:r's specs)

Higher spec = more good looking more realism,better, and more advanced game. i could be wrong, but probobly not.

so i hope for higher spec smile_o.gif

Im hoping for higher quality textures than Flashpoint Resistance, which im sure we will get as the textures in Resistance were a lot better than in CWC. If this were to be the case then more RAM/Video Memory would be needed.

I for one hopes it doesnt have issues like texture warp/tear and AA problems with my 6600GT as OFP is currently having , its so putting off i dont even find playing OFP appealing these days  sad_o.gif  mad_o.gif .

You tried the troubleshooting section for assistance? I have the 6600GT too and ive been thru alot of video drivers and never encountered this specific problem confused_o.gif .

I think the recomended Aras specs will be 2 gig cpu, 1 gig of ram and dx9 compatible video card.

If the textures on the buildings are of the same quality has resistance ones i'll be more than happy, i just hope they will push the resolution on the ground textures too smile_o.gif .

Better ground textures would be really nice.

As excited as I am for this game, I am afraid my computer won't run it too well. I should be getting a new system earlier next year, so maybe I'll have it by the time ArmA comes out.