Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retextured Malden

wow   wow_o.gif

Dont know how to say it better...

You could put that texture on a empty island with the size of Nogova and it wouldn't become boring...

wow_o.gifinlove.gif

That looks like the desert island you retextured... Can I have? inlove.gifwhistle.gif

Looks amazing notworthy.gif

Damn! It looks stunning. Can I ask what's resolution of the textures used there?

Nice looking desert.

I fear it will be useless for Infantry battles.

Or am I wrong.

it's as useless or usefull as you make it... personally i love infantry battles on wide open spaces - much more fun

it's as useless or usefull as you make it... personally i love infantry battles on wide open spaces - much more fun

Yes it is fun but you barely see your opponent as they start to shoot at you as far as several hundred meters.

It'd be more fun to have more obstacles or places to hide.

Yup, I'm drooling at the idea of desert armour engagements on that island and even infantry engagements wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Calm down guys wink_o.gif, we use desert island just to see our textures ingame...Normaly it will be desert texture pack in two versions - 2048x2048 & 1024x1024  

(7-8 basic textures + junctions + variations= +- 300-350 textures), which can be useful for islandmakers. Work in progress...

PS maybe there will be a retextured demo island in the pack, we just need to find some desert island which looks good.

...we just need to find some desert island which looks good.

'West Leach Spring' by OFP Internals is nice open desert terrain and would look kickass with these new textures. Don't know of an active d/load link for it. confused_o.gif

Actually, having thought about it, somebody could make a Tonal sized version of either/both of these maps using the textures? If they were so inclined. *wishful thinking*

fallout1map3uf.th.jpg

230kb

f2world5bc.th.jpg

415kb

I suck at wrp editing.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Wow notworthy.gif lovely pics, looks awsome. On the island should make it like an island with out any thing except trees bushs or what not like an all in all desert fight. We got a lot of desert islands out there but not big in wide desert land size, im saying building or what not. All in all an plane desert island for an battle of tanks convoys or open desert fight.

Looking forward to your desert textures Symbiot, they look fantastic, I hope that the red shaded from the previous side will be included as well. smile_o.gif

And will you make a light green grass texture/transistions for these, or will it be a desert texture only pack (just asking for those desert oasis?).

that is fantastic news, now I am looking forward to the pack even more, thanks for the heads up. smile_o.gif

the airport looks stunning... its the Å50mb that's concerning me, seeing as my addon folder is already running at 1.5 gig or so (even with mod folders, it's coming close to running out of memory)

i'll be waiting for the smaller version i think, but great job none the less  smile_o.gif

my OFP folder is 8.5 gigs lol i guees another 50 megs won't hurt nonw rofl.gif

Calm down,folks.Mine OFPO folder is 25 Gbs...What now?  whistle.gif

Back on topic:textures are great.Bring them on!