Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Retextured Malden

Some one make a tree replacement like the one in FFUR quick.

I don't want to use the old trees.

i would be surprised if BIS could better than this for ArmA

Well I dout they would use so many 2048x2048 textures on a island, it wouldn't be to efficient memory wise along with all other trees, buildings and unit textures etc etc running at once in a battle.

I'd say the textures for the new Armed Assault island will be in 1024x1024.

And the new grass in Armed Assault should help make the ground look better anyway.

For those that have asked for a version of the island with replaced trees, etc - please just take the 5 minutes required to do this yourself with WRPtool's 'replace objects' feature.

What do I use for the objects to replace? Well, personally my choice would be Berghoff's Nature Pack v2. I hear a new version is in the pipeline, so it will be supported in the future with some new additions and a bunch of bug fixes. In the meantime, the current pack is 95% bugfree - I'm using it myself for a Hi_Res Kolgujev and some new versions of my own European islands, it is very nice!

Paddy

the airport looks stunning... its the Å50mb that's concerning me, seeing as my addon folder is already running at 1.5 gig or so (even with mod folders, it's coming close to running out of memory)

i'll be waiting for the smaller version i think, but great job none the less smile_o.gif

Just tested the new textures ingame, and they are much less demanding than I would have thought. Missions play very smooth even with textures of this size on 1gig ram with a 256 mb 6800gt. wink_o.gif

And the textures themselves are stunning, I never really like Malden, but with these textures its a complete different deal. Excellent job on the textures, its great to have such detailed textures ingame. thumbs-up.gif

gonna download and give it a go..i am very curious about performance hit

it looks very nice in the pics ..infact too nice i think everything else in the game will look out of place on it.

wot did you use to convert the textures with textview ??

i tried to make some 2048x textures b4 and i managed 1 then texview would just crash after that and refused to do any more that size

Quote[/b] ]wot did you use to convert the textures with textview ??

i tried to make some 2048x textures b4 and i managed 1 then texview would just crash after that and refused to do any more that size

I think they used PaNTool in order to convert the textures.

Btw, great island! I'll test it ASAP.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Am I the only person who actually likes the yellowish, sun-baked look of the grass in the original Malden?

That said, this pack looks fantastic. Ace transitions, too. thumbs-up.gif I'll be sticking around for the 1024 version, though. At least until I get some money and can afford to stick an extra gig of RAM in my machine. tounge2.gif

damn thats some nice ground textures,, i said in the other thread i would wait for the 1024 version, but now im getting hungry to try the highres version biggrin_o.gif

@[HC]Para you should maybe release your replacement island , islands for the public maybe, i would like to see how everon and kolgujev looks like biggrin_o.gif new textures and berghof tree's , dunno but could be a killer combo biggrin_o.gif

500+ mb for 1 island wow_o.gif

just had a quick look around and(with nothing going on only me on map) the performance hit is hardly noticable.. although the mission editor nearly had a fit when i turned on show textures

nice work

nice but not good enough for me smile_o.gif

From the ground it`s kinda nice but flying over it is just as dull as old Malden whistle.gif

I didn`t like the rock textures and the beachtextures, they are to desertlike redish so they dont fit malden.

But are very good for a desert island, so I guess some people will use those for their islands.

ShadowY

Just try to activate Anisotropic Filtering in videocard settings like it was sad in the readme......   whistle.gif

You will see the difference.....

And try to set you gamma in the game tounge2.gif

I'm sure Bergoff's trees on this islands would show better differences between this malden and BIS one.

Btw, we expect to decrease the sizes of this malden's island textures to 512x512 in order to implement it in FFUR Islands pack.

Big thanks to Symbiot and to Atherakhia.

Regards

TB84

Whenever i start the game with this replacement i got the FFUR mod island version of malden. I tried it with the new abel.pbo in dta, and i tried the modfolder way. And yes, i tested this without the FFUR mod.

I love this. Incredibly detailed textures. Are there plans for the other islands?