Sign in to follow this  
jackbegone

Armed Assault or Operation Flashpoint 2?

I just learned about "Armed Assault" a few days ago and i think it's going to be awesome!

But Im wondering if there will be any major differences between Armed Assault and Operation Flashpoint 2?

Armed Assualt will be a major upgraded OFP (much like the resistence expansion) engine with updated graphics and engine features. Where as OFP2 will be a completely new engine all together, and also i fully dynamic campaign and RPG elements.(Such as being able to talk directly to NPCs (both soldiers and civilians) to be able to find out infomation.)

threre must be something wrong at BI for there to be more information on Game2 that is going to be released some time in the next 1-2 years, then on Armed Assault that is due in less then 2 months.

who knows,

maybe it finally turns out that OFP2 will now be AA after the crack that went down with codemasters a bit back. but who knows...

no, game 2 won't be AA.

The biggest difference is I think the dynamic campaign they are wanting to create. This would be awesome smile_o.gif, every kill/death would change the borders,etc... but it is a long wait, a couple of years wink_o.gif

Well Placebo said himself that Armed Assault is becomming more like game 2 itself,a few rumros of ofp2 aside from all this is supposedly building destruction,and no building destroyed the same,I'v read a bit about it on reviews and such and some reviewer said that one of the producers showed them this,I'm not quite sure however I do remember seeing a screenshot of a russian tank near a building being destroyed which leaves me to believe this may be true.

Ah here it is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Buggs/pcGameraug04.jpg

luemmel posted it earlier.

I hope however that they do more than the Marine thing,otherwise alot of people will see it as a bf2 copy rofl.gif

Hmm,I just noticed something and hope its fixed later,for a company working for realism did anybody notice how the commanders hatch was located in the wrong spot? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Buggs/pcGameraug02.jpg

Infact the sensory assembly ontop of the M1A2 are reversed,as well as the coax mg and the box in the back (I forget the name of it)

Still,definatly some impressive stuff and with that perhaps a new kind of 'virtual military simulator' comes.

isnt the picture of the tank just mirrored it would expalain a few things?

There was videos posted awhile back of VBS showing the destructable buildings up close, but the update hasn't been released as yet along with a lot of other updates for VBS.

Maybe BIS want to release it for Armed Assault first before it comes out for VBS.

I have the video, not sure if the link is still around anymore, but it shows a M1 firing at a building in different sections and also blowing satchels placed inside the building which causes some pretty big damage that looks different every time it's blown up.

that article and pics are about game2, not AA

BIS is winding up for something.  Whatever they pitch is sure to be killer.  The foundation they laid with OFP is solid, so what gets built on top of that should be as well.  (my view of it, anyways  wink_o.gif )  notworthy.gif

Armed Assault (ArmA) is comming out in a month-ish hopefully ( sad_o.gif ), and will basicly be an improved OFP, with some improvements to the engine

"Game 2" is comming out near the end of 2006 aparently, and it basicly a totaly new game (New engine, you can talk to all units, RPG elements)

There, yeh it's kinda echoing what people have said, but it's shoved nicely into one post tounge2.gif

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]isnt the picture of the tank just mirrored it would expalain a few things?

Like the left-handed soldier with a lefty rifle. Also, in screen shots of Game2, the stuffs are on the correct side.

Armed Assault (ArmA) is comming out in a month-ish hopefully ( sad_o.gif ), and will basicly be an improved OFP, with some improvements to the engine

My guess is that it will take take at least six months before we see ArmA. If it will be delayed by that much then I think they will replace the ArmA units with those shown in the Game2 pics. So visually ArmA might be pretty much like Game2 but without the RPG elements.

My guess is that it will take take at least six months before we see ArmA. If it will be delayed by that much then I think they will replace the ArmA units with those shown in the Game2 pics. So visually ArmA might be pretty much like Game2 but without the RPG elements.

Dont think so, by the time game2 gets released, much more is possible probably (hardware wise)

Dont think so, by the time game2 gets released, much more is possible probably (hardware wise)

Perhaps, but if ArmA is delayed by more than 6 months then it's quite close to the original release date of Game2 so the hardware won't evolve much during such a short period. Game2 isn't about the latest graphics but about a totally new game style with smart AI and RPG elements. The complex AI will probably demands quite much CPU which ArmA wouldn't have.

I'm not saying that everything seen in the Game2 screenshots will be in ArmA if it's delayed but I am quite confident that if it's delayed BIS would replace at least the soldier and skeleton models which are only slightly improved OFP/VBS1 models. The unattached hands in OFP might have been okay in 2001 but for a game which will be released far into 2006 they need to be fixed. After all they obviously have better models so why not use them?

Edit: I noticed that this isn't on topic so I'll leave it here.

i vote for game2 to be released in late 2008 so that we can enjoy ArmA longer! yay.gif

I think many people will hate you for this biggrin_o.gif

i vote for game2 to be released in late 2008 so that we can enjoy ArmA longer! yay.gif

Does anyone knows where his house lives? mad_o.gif

wink_o.gif