Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Quote[/b] ]Are y'all American? Really inconsequential, but if it is just a "cultural translation" issue you might want to change, American families don't call family members by their last names, or by nicknames derived from their last names.

No we are not American, suprisingly I don't think we have an American on the official team. I do apologise if this has offended you somehow but how was I supposed to know that? confused_o.gif I will make sure I don't do this in the full mod.

Having opened this can of worms can I say sorry.

It was a tiny detail in a beta release that contained such a lot of great stuff.

Im sorry for bringing it up sad_o.gif.

Next time I find something this anal to moan about Ill PM the team smile_o.gif

lol don't worry about it mate. Glad you like our beta goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]Are y'all American? Really inconsequential, but if it is just a "cultural translation" issue you might want to change, American families don't call family members by their last names, or by nicknames derived from their last names.

No we are not American, suprisingly I don't think we have an American on the official team. I do apologise if this has offended you somehow but how was I supposed to know that? confused_o.gif I will make sure I don't do this in the full mod.

I'm not offended. I didn't even read it. Thought you might like to know since you are producing a mod with genuine atmosphere and story.

I played it again, and since i only see the enemy when im very near of them (like few meters), i moved all the time in the back of the group and waited for targets, then when i get a target i fire like crazy to it (like in the predator movie when the black guy open fire with the mg). I thought all the time i have killed 0 enemies, then when i saw the score at the end, i saw i killed 6 lol thumbs-up.gif

Suggestions:

I think the grass is a little tall...

I love the jungle sounds, if you can, put a longer sound so it dont repeat too much, or maybe a lower volume..

I cant wait for more missions biggrin_o.gif

Greetings

this is some good stuff!. btw. the fire pit, u cant light it like a regular fire, did u cfg it wrong?

RIGHT Last name nick names.

Hmmmm what a bizzare topic. The Demo must be pretty good if we are starting to pick apart an over sight crazy_o.gif

okay I'm going to clear things up here, now people in north america don't sign there last name when signing off on a letter home (that was an oversight ), but a last name can definitly be derived from or used as a nick name. Especially in the armed forces, calling someone by their last name is very common (mostly when a higher rank is dressing down a subordinate ). Anyhow thanks for pointing out the letter ...good catch, but this topic is offically been beaten to death, buried, dug up and beaten some more.

I would like to also thank all the outside help we've recieved since we released this demo. Cheers

biggrin_o.gif

Hi, When the updated pack with the jungle vision bug fixed could be released?

@ofpcat

in few weeks, the jungle fix is going thru testing tweeking and retesting.

The island is amazing considering it's detail while still running great (over here at least). Great work, very much looking forward to more from the Unsung mod, also since I'm interested in the Vietnam conflict. Thanks for your hard work!

Taken from the release info of the beta on ofp.info:

Quote[/b] ]

The jungle is really immersive and even with a huge amount of vegetation on the map it runs quite fine on a fast computer: a Pentium 4 (or processor of similar type) 512 megs ram, and at least 128 meg video card is recommended. There is so much vegetation that you can get lost easily and it even becomes oppressive.

Buttah you can try with a lower compy as well. I'd suggest trial and error m8  smile_o.gif

the comp requirements I put in the readme file was just a benchmark to give a computer which would run the demo with a fairly high FPS but go ahead and try it on other computers systems, and just turn down the game settings to see what works on your system.

I hope you can enjoy our demo.

Just a note the weapons are now HD and Jam2-3 compatible. With the view LOD setup and the HD settings, the environment is very survivable.

Great demo guys, really brilliant work. Keep it up! notworthy.gif

But I was wondering, is there a list of classnames for the guns? I want to outfit the Seb nam pack LRRP's and SEALs with your guns.

About the lag issue, I have been getting some too on the ghost map.

I upgraded my pc a while ago, and it never really seemed to matter with OFP. I have AMD 2800, 256MB Geforce 5700VE and 1024 MB RAM. But unlike many others I cant play most maps at a decent viewdistance with a reasonable FPS(especially during firefights). Any suggestions? It's not real hard lag but it is really annoying.

@ ranger44

re lag problem, could be your game settings ie unit detail, terrain detail, cloudlets, shadows. With that said your comp sounds stronge enough, the funny thing is that I've got two comps both with the same motherboard but one has a 128 meg video card and the other has a 256 meg video card ... guess which one runs this demo with no lag issues...the 128 meg video card? so I have to take a look at what the settings are.

Bizzare crazy_o.gif

Is there a definite best ofp-settings set up for jungle/woodland maps? Or just a best ofp-setting?

About the classnames, I de-pbo'ed the weapon config to find out the classnames, and I also saw a UNS_M4. But it didnt work ingame. Do you guys have a CAR15 included in this demo, or was this (just many like many classnames in JAM2 at the time) already included for the future?

And I get no-texture bug with the complexes? White spots.

Probably gives away Charlie a little too soon. Which addon am I missing in this case?

@ ranger44

re the white spots on the nva can you take a screenie of the bug I think I know what your talking about but if it's a new one I would like to see it cheers.

RE the weapons there will be a car15 early and later models, the m4 was a place holder I just have to remove it. There will be a large assortement of SF weapons which have been made but were taken out for the demo release to cut down on the demo file sizes. You can see screenies of the car15 on our webpage under the gallery section   wink_o.gif .

What we've also decided was to make jam compatible and non jam compatible, the reason behind this is that the tracers on the jam package is the old ofp tracers. So to get BN_880 tracer package to work I would have to disable the tracers in the jam addon meaning releasing a modded jam magazine pbo which would just cause confusion. If anyone has an easier way of disabling the tracers in the jam addon let me know...you could save me some time. smile_o.gif

Well, the white spots I meant were from the bunkers. But a funny thing I also saw were a sort of "light" in the NVA's and VC. It's pretty small, but still noticable at night. I'll see if I get some screenies later on.

@ ranger 44

Cheers mate

Just to let you know I think there is a white spot on the necks of the NVA from a distance, that we know of.

This is really great! I don't remember when i watched all intro last time. Everything is great, hope to see the full mod soon!

Might have missed this in the thread, but does anyone know a way around the fact that the enemy and my buddies are seeing eachother at +200 metres?

While I'm sure in Vietnam alot of fighting was without visual confirmation, I'm sure that they wern't shooting across a bloody forest at eachother tounge2.gif I could barely see anything at 90metres, and even 20 was a stretch.

Is there a way around this that I missed earlier?

I cant even start it up before it crashes. confused_o.gif

I have put down my settings to really low, I dont have

a bad computer; tried with 800*600, viewdistance 900,

terrain settings low but this is what I get when I click

the Icon:

unsung_error.jpg