Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

okay okay the wrists suck, thats why we are updating all units to OFFTIMEs' awsome unit models as mentioned. I do believe that I mention something about that in the readme  wink_o.gif .

Also I've reduce the vegetation density so you would get a fighting chance. Before during testing you would see your buddy next to you..if he was less then two feet away (lol)fall to a bullet and have no idea where it came from. I'm working on the AI visabilty issue I've been running tests and I might have a solution, FAB is giving me assistance in this area, so in the full mod you'll need your compass cus boys the jungle is going to be thick and murderous.

Please read the readme file as alot of this stuff is covered, sorry about the icp rpg I removed it but I didn't catch the scripting in the sqs file.

Thanks for the feedback this is a real boost to our mod group.

Also I should mention that there was alot of work done on this mod by people who have moved on to other projects (offtime did a shed load of work on all aspects of this mod, and his work is well appreciated).Also peps listed on our squad page who are working and contributing to our mod. No intention was meant to leave anyone out just give me a bell and you'll get an appology

whistle.gif     pistols.gif

Also if you want to join up again we could sure use the help.

biggrin_o.gif

HEY Offtime your message inbox is full I cann't send you my reply ...basically it says the beers are on me wink_o.gif

I found bug with missing ammo during SP or MP game. Everything is OK while playing in editor but when your mission for example with, your friend you don't have ammo (All UNSUNG units on your side don't have ammo,just grenades). I don't know anyone elase occurre same problem?

The textures on the rotors of the CH-34 are messed up, they look like theyre in spin when the engines are off, although I dont think this is your addon I just thought Id point it out.

cheers we'll get on that asap, kinda hard to blow things away when you've got no ammo.

@ ch123

hehe I'll talk to the TOW group and tell them to fix there beta release because it's making our beta release look bad. wink_o.gif

actually they are digital cutouts but thanks for the compliment.

After testing, i like this demo, some nice units you got there.

Unfortunately, i think i got a crash during the campaign, after i completed the mission , the 2nd mission was loading after the cutscene showing the MIA units , suddenly the screen became totally white and stayed like this.

On another note, is there a reason of why you are using one of my older animation pack ?

Just looking at it is giving me lot of pain, noticing how many animation horrors i can spot in my older works.

You should try the latest packs (get the version 1.1 or nextGen from the "DMA Animations" link in my signature) , along less animation horrors and the fixed back, the hand positions in 1st person view is a bit more acceptable and they always have a "patrol" version.

Cheers Sanc, that is a weird error but non of us on the team get it crazy_o.gif

Okay I'll check out your new pack in a bit smile_o.gif

Will the rice pady dykes be "bullet proof" in the future? Cause now I can go prone behind it but still get shot through it.

Yes it will, this is only a beta

the rice paddies are sebilo we've got our own and they will be bullet proof to a certain degree. remember fire and movement will keep you alive lying prone behind a mud bank will invite a mortar or grenade. pistols.gif.

As said above, I get the same one.

If I restart OFP and try to start the 2nd mission manually, i get this error:

"Cannot load mission, missng addon: icprpg7".

That mission just doesnt work...

Maybe you should read posts more carefully wink_o.gif!

As said above, I get the same one.

If I restart OFP and try to start the 2nd mission manually, i get this error:

"Cannot load mission, missng addon: icprpg7".

That mission just doesnt work...

they wrote eariel in this topic that demo needs icprpg7 addon wink_o.gif

Will the rice pady dykes be "bullet proof" in the future? Cause now I can go prone behind it but still get shot through it.

they must have used, or your using an older ilo version. At one point in some release I fixed most all the bugs on that island, and that was one I know I fixed. At least my version works.

Very good missions - I never actually see the enemy, though. The vegetation is too thick. Realistic yes, but kinda hurts gameplay... confused_o.gif

I was waitong for this so long... I know it is just beta with big bug (AI view blocking) but I am so curious smile_o.gif

Thx guys for your efforts and we are waiting for full.

By the way Ebud. Is your latest Ilo on ofp.info?

UPDATE: I got 16MB pbo, and unsung attached 6MB file.

Very good missions - I never actually see the enemy, though. The vegetation is too thick. Realistic yes, but kinda hurts gameplay...  confused_o.gif

Realistic that the you never see the enemy. Kinda cool actually, but not cool that the enemy doesn't have the same restriction.

@ Ebud

THis is a very strong possibilty, I've got sooo much seb stuff I might have grabed the wrong one, it's an easy fix anyhow. I'm thinking that a patch should be in the works, let me see......well bygum there is!

Sorry for the icprpg it was a really good model but I never got permission to use it so it was a late removal but it's still in the sqs, thus the problem.

Some very nice looking units guys, keep up the good work.

But here are few problems I've experienced:

1. Invalid number in expression error when starting up the engines of any of CH-34s.

2. SOG CH-34 doorgun already has muzzle flash before I've even got into the gunners position. I've seen similar errors years ago with pre-Resistance mods but not for a long time.

re the AI visability. when I set cannoclude to 0 in view LOD the ai wouldn't see you even if you walked right up to them did a couple of jumping jacks poked them in the nose and said "oi nonce your ugly".

So I've been shown something where you can make the AI see into a forest square to a given distance, thats what I'm working on.

try crawling up to an AI ... you can get very very close without him seeing you as long as he's not looking right at you. Plus if you have AI squadies they will point the enemy out to you. Also if someone starts firing at you from afar you can hear where they are located.

Also try the opposite setup an ambush on the high ground have an enemy AI patrol walk past in the forest .... basically what I'm trying to say is there is a problem with ai spotting you but there are resources around you to help you find him, until I get this visability thing sorted.

@ jamesg

Damn that wasn't even meant to be released ohwell. That heli was low on list of things to get fixed. wink_o.gif

any mirriors. Gamezone is a bitch and downloads a 9kb a second sad_o.gif

1. Beautiful.

2. Very climatic. I felt like when I started Vietcong for the very first time. Great.

3. Well. I know where is enemy. He shot at my squad. My mates know where enemy is and they shot back. But I can only shot into the woods. Blindly. It is very good and climatic... If as someone said, AI would do the same. At this stage I found it great area for player vs player games (I never talk about some tdm or dm of course, rather about attack&defend or some coop vs coop).

4. I really hope you solve problem some way, because it is just great thing to fight in such dense jungle. It is something totally new in OFP. But if you will not... Well... at least your units are great too smile_o.gif

5. VC weapons LODs are not work correctly. I do not have screens unfortunatly.

6. Well. One good thing. If we gonna make missions on this beta island, we have to change a way of thinking. Not one squad for 100 guerillas, but 3 squads and arty, and helos against 20 guerillas smile_o.gif Very climatic. US Army was winning not because it has Rambos, but because they had a better technology, communication, more supply.