Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Did you scratch the M3 greasegun btw? Can't find it in the weapon list. Really loved that little gun. The M16A1 is the weapon of that era but usually when going out with Force Recon(or SEALs) I prefer full auto spray and pray weapons like the M3 and the Thompson.

Especially in the dense highland jungle.

Did you scratch the M3 greasegun btw? Can't find it in the weapon list. Really loved that little gun. The M16A1 is the weapon of that era but usually when going out with Force Recon(or SEALs) I prefer full auto spray and pray weapons like the M3 and the Thompson.

Especially in the dense highland jungle.

The M3A1 "Grease Gun" and M1A1 Thompson have been withheld from this latest release.  We thought it would be best to issue it when we release our Special Forces units.  Which are slated to be released with the FULL Mod coming in the future.

I agree with you, ripping off .45 ACPs on full automatic is quite a trip...

Hope this helps!

This mod succeeds at creating the right Nam experience. I love the jungle and the noises it makes. The environments really feel alive. The combat is equally aggressive and intense, yet enjoying. Kudos to the UNSUNG mod team for this release.

I do have a BNTRACER's addon bug of some sorts. It can't find bntracer112.pbo or something when I start certain missions. I did include bntracer's addon with the rest, but I couldn't find an addon named bntracer112. Is there supposed to be one, or is it still a bug?

I am going to DAC this mod definitely. Can't wait to see how Dynamic-Ai-Creator will make this mod play.

This mod succeeds at creating the right Nam experience. I love the jungle and the noises it makes. The environments really feel alive. The combat is equally aggressive and intense, yet enjoying. Kudos to the UNSUNG mod team for this release.

I do have a BNTRACER's addon bug of some sorts. It can't find bntracer112.pbo or something when I start certain missions. I did include bntracer's addon with the rest, but I couldn't find an addon named bntracer112. Is there supposed to be one, or is it still a bug?

I am going to DAC this mod definitely. Can't wait to see how Dynamic-Ai-Creator will make this mod play.

Mate again I belive the reason is that warrior x and sim were using two different bn tracers files when they made the missions or its a config error,anyway It will be fixed in the full demo smile_o.gif. As for the ambient sounds I have just recently uploaded to the team FTP another jungle sound pack with about 30 new files...Really good clear recordings. Hopefully we will use it in the full mod.

We have been discussing some new ideas for the next release and i tell you guys it's VERY EXCITING!! Things never seen before in Opflash.But to pull it all off in a timley fashion we need more team members. So we appeal to the community if you would like to help out please contact ANY unsung member!!  

AND YES WE WILL BE BACK FOR ARMA!!! biggrin_o.gif

Sav

Mate again I belive the reason is that warrior x and sim were using two different bn tracers files when they made the missions or its a config error,anyway It will be fixed in the full demo smile_o.gif. As for the ambient sounds I have just recently uploaded to the team FTP another jungle sound pack with about 30 new files...Really good clear recordings. Hopefully we will use it in the full mod.

Hey, thats not fair Savage, I am using one of those bad boys in IDV!   nener.gif  whistle.gif

To second the Sgt., so many ideas are on the books, we just need to get them done.  The more people to help, the merrier, the workload is not getting any smaller....

Our priorities are playability and realism...  Each of us have a book collection that could probably fill a 6 foot bookcase by themselves...  So when we draw something up, create, whatever, it is typically drawn from the bank of knowledge each of us can contribute.  I am just glad that people are noticing our ability to bring things to life...

Unsung presents:

Well this is just a combat video from the Unsung mod, showing off the new release of the demo. Enjoy. Dvix or Xvid is needed to play this video.

Got a download link at ofpnam, more coming soon(hopefully):

OFPNam Link

To all involved with the "Unsung" project. Great job. This certainly honors those young men, US, Australian, and otherwise who fought and died in Vietnam.

Breaker Out

Hey, thats not fair Savage, I am using one of those bad boys in IDV!   nener.gif  whistle.gif

To second the Sgt., so many ideas are on the books, we just need to get them done.  The more people to help, the merrier, the workload is not getting any smaller....

Our priorities are playability and realism...  Each of us have a book collection that could probably fill a 6 foot bookcase by themselves...  So when we draw something up, create, whatever, it is typically drawn from the bank of knowledge each of us can contribute.  I am just glad that people are noticing our ability to bring things to life...

Ooops my bad!!! I forgot!!   biggrin_o.gif

I read somewhere that unsung is ECP compatabile how do I use ECP and UNSUNG working at the same time?

I made a test SP mission with DAC and UNSUNG. Maybe I'll upload it to somewhere.

Scenario as following (island Highlands):

Your platoon (2 x 12) just finished a patrol through the night and are now being evacuated with choppers landing on a sandy plane, in the middle of the Jungle. But the NVA has the EVAC zone cornered and it's your only way out of the area.

Editing notes:

Viewdistance: 700

Fog: Low

Daytime: Morning

DAC generates in total of 8-9 groups of enemies (group size ranging from 3-6). The are spawned at random locations and patrol randomly through the EVAC zone and the parts of the Jungle.

You and your platoon start just outside the plane and you have to march through the plane to the other side where the EVAC point is designated. The platoon is AI enhanced using INFO sharing script of General Barron. DAC enhances the enemy AI with targeting and (not sure of this) helps the AI to flank. This is something they did too A LOT during my playing sessions in the mission. I synchronized the waypoints of the player's platoon with the other platoon, so they wouldn't run off too quickly to the EVAC point.

Two choppers would pick up the soldiers. I know, it should it be three (Huey's can only man 8 soldiers with 2 crew), but it was a test mission. So I solved it in a cheap way with a trigger (when there are only 8 people left in a squad, then the chopper shows up, which is of course buggy), because OFPEC's script section is still down.

Results:

Interesting. The UNSUNG guns are pretty inaccurate at long range, so the fire fights take ages to complete and are damn intensive. And especially with DAC and the Info sharing scripts, the AI does some pretty good flanking. I mean, the plane has some large hills and sometimes the AI pops up from behind, where you wouldn't expect them at all. And sometimes, the AI doesn't show themselves at all, until you reach the EVAC point and hell breaks loose. Well, in other words, the battles are very very random. No battle plays like the previous one. I already had a hunch DAC would work very well with UNSUNG, but not this well. The AI really likes sneaking up you, or fighting against you on large open terrain, which is quiet intense, since your guns are inaccurate but the bullets do bounce off the ground.

EDIT: Why do the choppers leave already before everyone is aboard? It's not as bad as it sounds, but when one soldier doesn't make it in time to board the chopper, he is left behind.

I read somewhere that unsung is ECP compatabile how do I use ECP and UNSUNG working at the same time?

Umm sorry mate its not compatable YET !  wink_o.gif However, i have been able to get the units to talk and interact by putting them in a seb nam vehicle and then disembark. Even the player talks and hums ect

Sav

I made a test SP mission with DAC and UNSUNG. Maybe I'll upload it to somewhere.

Scenario as following (island Highlands):

Your platoon (2 x 12) just finished a patrol through the night and are now being evacuated with choppers landing on a sandy plane, in the middle of the Jungle. But the NVA has the EVAC zone cornered and it's your only way out of the area.

Results:

Interesting. The UNSUNG guns are pretty inaccurate at long range, so the fire fights take ages to complete and are damn intensive. And especially with DAC and the Info sharing scripts, the AI does some pretty good flanking.

"...since your guns are inaccurate but the bullets do bounce off the ground."

Wow, interesting story.  Any chance of playing this scenario?  Sounds mighty good!

In regards to the weapons, can you elaborate?  Which weapons are you finding to be inaccurate, and why?  Ranges?

pistols.gif  pistols.gif

They are all inaccurate at long range mate, they are HD mags biggrin_o.gif Surely you know this, you're in the damn mod tounge2.gif

Erm i believe like this:

aP setFace "uns_face1"

" " "uns_face2"

etc etc Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, I'm not totally sure if it'll work though cos of the random face script I believe is present. Yes that annoys me as well tounge2.gif Also I'm not sure if those are the right face names, I think they are but I'm off out now so I'll have to check later.

sim

They are all inaccurate at long range mate, they are HD mags  biggrin_o.gif  Surely you know this, you're in the damn mod  tounge2.gif

No skippy, I was hoping to get some feedback/insight/basis for why he thought the weapon accuracy was in accurate... I realize they are HD mags, I config'd them!  tounge2.gif  crazy_o.gif  banghead.gif  help.gif

I'd prefer the accuracy that is being used by the MOD right now, since it's still possible to kill enemies, it's just a lot damn harder.

I'll also try to upload the scenario to a file server, but I can't atm or for the next two days.

I'd prefer the accuracy that is being used by the MOD right now, since it's still possible to kill enemies, it's just a lot damn harder.

I'll also try to upload the scenario to a file server, but I can't atm or for the next two days.

Okay, just curious, always looking to fine tune!  

If you need a server, upload it onto ofpnam.com.  Just offering...  if not, i can patiently wait...   whistle.gif  whistle.gif

Found a weird bug. confused_o.gif

When I add a shotgun to another unit using the init line in the editor, his muzzle flash is just plain white. Instead of the nice pop of smoke the designated marine shotgunner has.

I think we did have a problem with the muzzle flash but through something else confused_o.gif I'll have to check that out.

Absolutely awesome mod guys. Really good work keep it up notworthy.gif

thumbs-up.gif

If you dont want to get killed by Ai killing you through vegetation, go into the forest and they can barely see you, hell theres that 1/20 chance they will kill you from a small distance but hey, you should be better than that after this amount of time playing the game! tounge2.gif

The only real bug I have found is on 'ghostlands' there seems to be something wrong when I look around, say if I walk through a bush or something in the open it starts blinking some of the forests and other areas and bushes etc, its really annoying and actually hides the enemy which is bad, to fix that I just stay in the forests and it turns out to be safer anyway smile_o.gif .

Otherwise the demo's great and [ IF ] is have lots of games out of it. wink_o.gif

It has been mentioned before but the reason for the blinking bushes is to do with the AI viewdistance fix I do believe.

A mission using the mod will be released soon, it didn't make it into the full mod because of my skeptical mind (it was a beta). Get ready to experience Apocalypse. Now. and R-Point both pitched into a eerie 'Nam scene!