Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

All I see in my head are little 15 year olds who think they're being big by pretending to follow their own made up copywrite rules.

I respect their descisions if they don't allow it but that doesn't stop me thinking that they are petty immature wank stains.

Am I allowed to say that here? If not I'll change it.

First degree flaming. It doesnt matter whether you are flaming an individual or a group, it is NOT ON. 48hr PR and WL +1.

You can disagree with a group's release policy wihtout resorting to childish namecalling.

This goes for everyone else, too.

I also feel I need to remind everyine that we are sick and tired of inter-mod team BS going on in our forums. Take it elsewhere, we DO NOT tolerate it here.

Firm but just

The reason I won't dl the new Ia Drang is because I don't like the fact I have to dl the entire VTE mod. Free space on my HD is hard to come by(only have 30 gb).

It's a decision from VTE I have to respect, but I don't agree to.

Hello, I've run into a few problems in your missions, mostly involving chopper pickup.

In "Operation King" I made it to the LZ as the last man alive in the entire operation (to my knowledge). To CH34s came to the LZ. However, then they just hovered above me, but never actually landed.

In "Lang Rao" I completed my patrol thankfully with only some fairly light action and no casualities to my squad....great mission btw, the atmosphere of patrolling through the jungle was terrific. However, when I got to LZ november, however, no script or anything was activated...and thus no helicopter came to pick up my squad. It was somewhat anti-climatic after feeling life you've just survived a vietnam patrol.

Also, in the same mission, I came across a crate of vietnamese weapons-how would I go about destroying it? I also noticed a strange object next to it, I figured it was probably a mine so I decided not to touch any of the contents inside the crate.

Great job with your latest release Unsung mod team biggrin_o.gif

It's the first time on an OFP jungle map that I really feel like being inside a jungle. The foliage, trees and stuff are really well done.

PGI's Ia Drang Island

Have to download a 400mb!!! Mod for 3 tiny files is shit (I think the word is appropiate here). If PGI got permission to use VTE's objects/textures on his island, why didn't he ask VTE for permission to provide those three files as seperate downloads?

In "Operation King" ....never actually landed.

In "Lang Rao" ...It was somewhat anti-climatic after feeling life you've just survived a vietnam patrol.

Also, in the same mission, I came across a crate of vietnamese weapons...strange object.......

- Lang Rao extraction LZ:

It should activate the ending when you get there. However there might be NVA forces near your LZ surroundings preventing the ending to activate. Try to look around the immediate LZ area.

- Lang Rao weapons-ammo crate:

At the beginning of the map when you are still in briefing you have the choice to take with you some satchel charges. Very conveniant for hidden objectives wink_o.gif

Oh and the weird looking thingy next to the crate... you were right about that  whistle.gif  biggrin_o.gif

- About "operation King" i have no idea. sim made that one so he will have the answer for ya.

PGI's Ia Drang Island

Have to download a 400mb!!! Mod for 3 tiny files is shit (I think the word is appropiate here).

I'm sorry, but I feel the same about having to DL the Unsung mod just to try the island.

PGI's Ia Drang Island

Have to download a 400mb!!! Mod for 3 tiny files is shit (I think the word is appropiate here). If PGI got permission to use VTE's objects/textures on his island, why didn't he ask VTE for permission to provide those three files as seperate downloads?

Not sure I would call them tiny...

I believe the files, collectively are about 4-600mb...  unzipped!

I dislike asking questions in which I already know the answer to...  Which is why I encourage others to ask...

I guess my thought process at the time I started this island was that in this day and age of broadband downloading, the VTE is not impossible to download in a relatively short period of time.

PGI's Ia Drang Island

Have to download a 400mb!!! Mod for 3 tiny files is shit (I think the word is appropiate here).

I'm sorry, but I feel the same about having to DL the Unsung mod just to try the island.

Like I stated above, downloading the respective files to play the island should not be the deciding factor here...

Not sure what everyone's download speed is around here, but I can DL both MODS in about an hour's time...

If I was restricted to a 56k download, I do believe I would think twice about downloading either one...

This should not be an excuse or reason...  The people who create Vietnam era addons (e.g. independent, group, mod whatever) spend an incredible amount of providing items for others in the community to play free of charge...

Whether you like/work for one mod or the other or are just an interested party playing what comes out that is new, we should keep the respect...

It's a matter of convenience.

I just wanted to check out the new Ia Drang to see how much better this one is compared to the seb version I helped make several years ago. I dl'd the Unsung mod no problem, but didn't have plans to until the final. I have too many time consuming distractions as it is smile_o.gif

I respect those guys as I've talked to many of them once in a while all the way back to nam pack 1. My post was far from anything about that.

It's a matter of convenience.

I just wanted to check out the new Ia Drang to see how much better this one is compared to the seb version I helped make several years ago. I dl'd the Unsung mod no problem, but didn't have plans to until the final. I have too many time consuming distractions as it is smile_o.gif

I respect those guys as I've talked to many of them once in a while all the way back to nam pack 1. My post was far from anything about that.

Ebud, I may have given the wrong impression...  I was referring to everyone who do not want to download the required files in order to play the island...  I guess to me, I do not find that as an excuse...  Probably because I think it is a worthwhile island to play on!  Then again, I may be biased!   yay.gif  pistols.gif  nener.gif

And for those that do not want to download the files for whatever reason, do not take a offense to my comments.  I am only coming from my own personal belief that if someone is going to take the time to create something to forward the Vietnam community, I sure as heck am going to check it out!

The mission are really well done in the mod. The Patrol missions are great if you play them realistic like I did. When coming to a villige. Keep the squad back and recon it prone. Took 55 mins to make the first WP. I love it wink_o.gif

PGI - I gotta say this - sebnampack II requirement for one object? Just use the same building in Data3d!

Well... Anyways this island is something for vietnam fans. And you can expect a ofp vietnam fan to have the 3 greatest mods. Especially if Unsung requires SEB Nam.

And i must say : I'm not the biggest vietnam fan but i had all the required files... And if you dont have them : This island is worth downloading them.

So, how about the Armenia Map? rofl.gif

Had a little problem on the highlands map. A Huey was to unload some Marines on a pretty clear spot. Some small vegitation, but nothing serious IMO. It started unloading allright, but while it was still airborne. All the marines fell to the earth with a nice thump. Never even got a chance to hurt Charlie. Did I just pick the wrong LZ? I once had this landing script, it was ideal. Made up for some of the quickest, professional AI landings around, but when I made that mad decision to stop playing OFP for a while and deleted a lot of addon stuff to make room, it was gone and never to be found. Anyone have a suggestion for a nice and easy to use landing script?

Another thing I noticed. With the old SEB nam pack, the VC and NVA started pounding away at a Huey the minute they saw one. It didn;t even matter what their weapon type was. The Unsung NVA had a close eye on the huey but never fired a round. Maybe if the Huey had actually landed they would have.

Small question. Is there an optimal setting to play the unsung mod on? I have a AMD 2800, 1024 MB and Geforce 256MB 5700ti. But still have to use heavy fog for smooth gameplay.

Again though my compliments, never knew OFP had it in her to be this kick ass realistic vietnam wargame.

Anyone tried making DAC missions on the PGI IA Drang?

I have to look into it closer.. but for now I had major problems getting the zones and units to initialize. Is there anyone with the same problems? Huge Lag problems, whereas I don't have the same problem on other Unsung/VTE islands smile_o.gif

I'll also post it to Silola to see if he knows of any special settings as needed for Tonal etc.

Another thing I noticed. With the old SEB nam pack, the VC and NVA started pounding away at a Huey the minute they saw one. It didn;t even matter what their weapon type was. The Unsung NVA had a close eye on the huey but never fired a round. Maybe if the Huey had actually landed they would have.

Small question. Is there an optimal setting to play the unsung mod on? I have a AMD 2800, 1024 MB and Geforce 256MB 5700ti. But still have to use heavy fog for smooth gameplay.

Again though my compliments, never knew OFP had it in her to be this kick ass realistic vietnam wargame.

Yeah, I agree, the AI is a bit dumb sometimes. Sometimes you're right in front of them and they don't fire a single shot, sometimes they'll shoot you when you're in the thick jungle and all you hear is a bum and then the view zooms out and you see a charlie on the other side.

Lower the view distance.

@ June 19 2006,09:42)]

Yeah, I agree, the AI is a bit dumb sometimes. Sometimes you're right in front of them and they don't fire a single shot, sometimes they'll shoot you when you're in the thick jungle and all you hear is a bum and then the view zooms out and you see a charlie on the other side.

Lower the view distance.

For the helo being fired on, if I remember right when SelectThis and I made them, it was a coding issue with the helos that enabled the ai to fire on them. Armor values I believe. Can't remember for sure. Same with when I was coding new PBRs a while back. To get the ai to shoot at them with small arms the armor settings had to be really low. But then they were too low and small arms really shot it up easily.

I'd try looking at the seb helo values and use those to see if you can get the ai to shoot smalla arms at them.

Quote[/b] ]In "Operation King" I made it to the LZ as the last man alive in the entire operation (to my knowledge). To CH34s came to the LZ. However, then they just hovered above me, but never actually landed.

Hmm rather odd, I'll check that out for you confused_o.gif Never had this problem myself and was never reported by anyone else. I'll look and get back to you. smile_o.gif

sim

Para @ June 19 2006,11:14)]PGI - I gotta say this - sebnampack II requirement for one object? Just use the same building in Data3d!

Yeah, but then you do not get that cool map of the Ia Drang Valley inside the building... The maps inside of the building will be in Russian then if memory serves...

seriously, just take that model and texture out of the seb objects pbo if you make another release. It's no big deal. smile_o.gif

Or heck, I'm sure someone could easily make a better, more appropriate building with included map to use and give it to you.

Lower the view distance.

For the helo being fired on, if I remember right when SelectThis and I made them, it was a coding issue with the helos that enabled the ai to fire on them. Armor values I believe. Can't remember for sure. Same with when I was coding new PBRs a while back. To get the ai to shoot at them with small arms the armor settings had to be really low. But then they were too low and small arms really shot it up easily.

I'd try looking at the seb helo values and use those to see if you can get the ai to shoot smalla arms at them.

It has to do with the " threat[]={0.5,1,0.5}; " thing in the config m8 wink_o.gif

You sound like you have more than enough juice to run it well.

My OFP Settings

1024x768x16

60hz Refresh Rate

Bright - 1.2

Gamma - 1.6

Frame Rate - 10.2

Visual Quality - 6.18

Visibility - 802

HW T&L - Enabled

Multitexturing - Enabled

W-Buffer - Enabled

Obj Shadow - Disabled (or Enabled)

Vehicle Shadow - Enabled

Cloudlets - Enabled

Blood - Enabled

Normal Detail

This appears to work very well for me.  Open to listening to someone though that can refine these settings even more...

yay.gif

If you're using DXDLL, you might try running it without it for a test run. Or disable reflections :P.

Lower the view distance.

It has to do with the " threat[]={0.5,1,0.5}; " thing in the config m8 wink_o.gif

I honestly think there is much more to it than that.

Para @ June 19 2006,11:14)]PGI - I gotta say this - sebnampack II requirement for one object? Just use the same building in Data3d!

Yeah, but then you do not get that cool map of the Ia Drang Valley inside the building...  The maps inside of the building will be in Russian then if memory serves...

I really don't think anyone would notice, I certainly never had any comments about this issue when I converted islands from BIS & SEB objects to BIS & .... (my islands outlive object packs).