Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

You also need the VTE_sound file. Unless you want constant errors when using the VTE objects.

Mirror from ofpc.de (takes a few seconds)

Now i've been busy with Newsposting i cant wait to finally grab a AR-15 and have a flight in a Huey through the Valley.

Awesome work notworthy.gif

Mirror from ofpc.de (takes a few seconds)

Now i've been busy with Newsposting i cant wait to finally grab a AR-15 and have a flight in a Huey through the Valley.

Awesome work  notworthy.gif

Thanks for the feedback and mirror!  The more, the merrier!

Need to get this island out there for everyone to check out.  

For a typical player, it is taking about a week to take in the island and all it has to offer.

pistols.gif

Yup, you go there, click a link to get back here onto another thread and you'll find out that modifying the content of another mod and releasing it w/o permission can make people take issue. Oops, lookie there, still hosting the raped files are we. I know of another AU MP team doing the same with my beloved Parrots Beak while I'm in the process of bringing it to the final status. Where's my rofl.

Hey Fred, nice to hear from you as always smile_o.gif

You should have realised, by now, that the islands work just fine with the updated VTE_objects & VTE_isles you have released since we last spoke. You just don't need to download the whole VTE mod, or the increased size versions of the same files to enjoy MeeKong or Dak. If you already have downloaded a more recent version of the files, it will work fine.

EDIT:

I did think about updating the files I am hosting, but actually dismissed the idea as not needed presently, was waiting for the next VTE install to do that, I've read elsewhere there will actually be some worthwhile updates to rape in the coming release.

I have removed the links to older file versions for you, I trust you can now sleep at night biggrin_o.gif

You au.. thumbs-up.gif

I honestly never figured you'd end up in the anti-au lobby! Will you be saying only Finns can make addons next mate? Moved to Thailand yet?  rofl.gif

Now i had a free hour to test this:

I dont know, freaking huge wouldnt describe it correctly. I had an hour now to take Huey and i only explored the north western heights. I really saw the difference between a Wilbur or whatever based island and this. It looks so... real. Immersive... notworthy.gif

Tho i never had an island that took longer to load.  tounge2.gif  

I will certainly enjoy this excellent island many months if not years!

If you have the motivation and the energy for a new Project like this, heres a link with topographic data from Armenia. It will certainly be something never seen in ArmA wink_o.gif

Great Demo guys!

Like the new Highlands map very much. The units fit very good into the environment.

Some bugs:

- hands not correctly attached to the arms

- missing addon: csjhueyd (although I have installed it,

it keeps showing this missing addon nearly in every mission.)

Forget about it...found out I just had to delete csjhueyd.pbo from the addons folder, since it was outdated.

- hands not correctly attached to the arms

Glad you like the demo  smile_o.gif

The hands problem has been dealt with already. The new units that are going to be in the full Khe Sanh release for the mod don't have that problem anymore. But as the new units are not ready yet you will have to make due with these. Sorry heh.  tounge2.gif

Great mod! Just noticed though that the AK-47s have no shadow, and the NVA Recon (SKS) has no shadow either

About the new IA DRANG map...

How about compatibility issues while using VTE, Unsung AND Sebnam packages at the same time... I see that VTE redefines a SEB IA DRANG map... so how compatible is VTE with Sebnam, and won't it break anything

Re PGI IDV map and Unsung addons, the names of the objects never change so as the veg gets further developed the island will be automatically updated when the new versions are released. yay.gif

Re gun shadows, thanks for the feedback, seems the models in question need overhauls as they have become buggy,even though the shadows are turned on they refuse to obey  pistols.gif . We have a weapon smith in the team tackling issues with the weapon models.   thumbs-up.gif  

VTE and Seb Nam have two different versions of the Ia Drang valley, so it shouldn't interfere with each other. And you only need a part of sebnam, the objects pbo IIRC.

Are you saying that to play the Ia Drang map we need to have previously downloaded VTE and Unsung?

Correct...

You need the Unsung Demo II release and the following files from VTE: vte_isles, vte_objects, vte_sounds, and the sebnam_obj pbo.

You should be good to go then...

Now i had a free hour to test this:

I dont know, freaking huge wouldnt describe it correctly. I had an hour now to take Huey and i only explored the north western heights. I really saw the difference between a Wilbur or whatever based island and this. It looks so... real. Immersive... notworthy.gif

Tho i never had an island that took longer to load.  tounge2.gif  

I will certainly enjoy this excellent island many months if not years!

If you have the motivation and the energy for a new Project like this, heres a link with topographic data from Armenia. It will certainly be something never seen in ArmA wink_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback! It will take much longer than an hour to "take this island in" so to speak! So many little areas and points of interesting for patrolling, fighting, ambushing etc...

I agree about the loading... Its second nature now as I have been loading for a while. It is to the point when I load up something else, I think, "geez, that was quick!" haha

Armenia, eh?

@ June 16 2006,16:12)]VTE and Seb Nam have two different versions of the Ia Drang valley, so it shouldn't interfere with each other. And you only need a part of sebnam, the objects pbo IIRC.

Thanks... well it seems they redefine the SEBIADRANG world aswell in their config's.. hence the question smile_o.gif

I downloaded and I think its amazing. The m16 really kicks ass! Islands are great too. But I have problem with the 3party addon pack. When I want to play with a CS huey, the game sometimes crashes to desktop... any suggestions? smile_o.gif

Just downloaded the Ia Drang map. I was amazed about how little lag there was. Considering how big it was, I expected to CTD as soon as I pressed 'preview' after putting one guy down. Worked fine, faster than Nogova for me. Great stuff.

I noticed something with the trees too. Just for a laugh, I was flying a Huey over the forests, switched off the engine mid air, and to my suprise, the chopper didn't explode upon landing. I tried to again and the same thing happened. This doesn't seem to work on any islands, so maybe theres no need for scripted crash landings anymore.  wink_o.gif

I can only say that this my favorite mod from now on biggrin_o.gif . It's been a long time since sebnam mod, and i'm very glad to se that Vietnam era got such a splendid mod. Everything looks great, and i hope to se big campaign (for both sides perhaps) when it gets done. I really enjoy playing it so far and hope to se Unsung mod completed someday! Keep the good work! notworthy.gif

Are you saying that to play the Ia Drang map we need to have previously downloaded VTE and Unsung?

Correct...

You need the Unsung Demo II release and the following files from VTE:  vte_isles, vte_objects, vte_sounds, and the sebnam_obj pbo.

You should be good to go then...

Fuck that. Can't you stick those files into a folder and release just them?

I downloaded and I think its amazing. The m16 really kicks ass! Islands are great too. But I have problem with the 3party addon pack. When I want to play with a CS huey, the game sometimes crashes to desktop... any suggestions?   smile_o.gif

IIRC there's something with the chopper named "slick" in the editor that causes a CTD. I've experience it. All other choppers work fine for me. The one named "Slick_" is almost the same as the "Slick", so you could try using that one instead.

The VTE addons and Sebnam addons cannot be pulled appart without the authors permissions i think. And i don't think they will allow people to just do that. But Polish GI is the one who made IDV so he was the one who was in contact with VTE and probably can get into contact with Sebnam to see if the thing you ask is ok with them.

I don't think that is necessary.

I do not believe they would appreciate that...  Nor would I if it were done to me.  If you can get them to grant you permission, I will be more than happy to put something together for you.  But that would defeat the whole purpose of the MOD they are creating...

A better question is whether or not I should keep it in a single MOD as opposed to reaching out to both.  Keep in mind, this island is like the Titanic, it will take some time to change things of this magnitude when or if the decision is made.  There have been many requests to go one way or the other, more so than I anticipated.  So a decision will have to be made in the foreseeable future.

Hope this answers your question.

WOW! I am so impressed with this latest release by unsung. The islands are so great, I really like the dense jungles in highlands...very atmospheric.

And the best thing about this mod are finally good, atmospheric vietnam missions. I played the one where you are VC and you must survive for 3 hours...this is SUCH a good mission. It is so simple yet is so free-form in gameplay yet has tons of vietnam atmosphere trying to ambush US troops. I was especially impressed when I ambushed a US patrol, and soon hueys and 5T truck came in the region! I got so scared hearing the sound of the rotorblades flying over, cause i knew they must have a crapload of troops in them. So I fled into the jungle...just the sound of the "flashpoint heavy breathing" while sprinting in the jungle was very nam-ish, especially when you randomly see a flash...and then its already too late biggrin_o.gif.Very well-done.

I also played some of the "just a patrol missions"...VERY atmospheric. Just the tension and experience of hopping off the huey, and eerie calm as you walk through the jungle, but it is still very freeform at the same time. It can go from complete silence to absolute hell in seconds. It still howevers captures the flexibility and "do these objectives, doesn't matter how you do them" essence of flashpoint.

I later downloaded the Ia Drang map, very cool to see an update of the classic, but I have one major gripe with this map- The jungles!! Although there is plenty of undergrowth, the trees are so lame. There is no jungle canopy! This can be easily fixed by expanding the amount of leaves that come from the tree trunks-instead of making little blue balls on top, enlarge these or replace them with more expansive foliage. I know its a nitpick, but for some reason I get annoyed by this because it seems to really take away from the atmosphere.

@ ebns72

the "little blue balls" well be disappearing, new veg is being created. biggrin_o.gif

Why won't they allow it? I never have understood this phenomenon. All I see in my head are little 15 year olds who think they're being big by pretending to follow their own made up copywrite rules.

I know I'm wrong here but that's what I see in my mind's eye.

I respect their descisions if they don't allow it but that doesn't stop me thinking that they are petty immature wank stains.

Am I allowed to say that here? If not I'll change it.

Granted tehy spent a lot of time doing what they do but what has that got to do with me just using some of their stuff rather than having to DL the lot? Hell if I like their foliage and stuff maybe I'll DL a million mb of other stuff too. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif