UNSUNG IS HERE

ctd is as follows

Campaign.

After Briefing 01_Grunt One

........no contact made"

"Roger that Sir"

Fade Out Black

ctd

I played a SP Mission last night where I marched a 12 man squad around on a seek and destroy for about 90 minutes and we killed 2 whole VC. I think I saw a bunker but got lost circling around it and decided rule one was to bring all my boys home in one piece smile_o.gif Great stuff

re anim.pbo .....

1. I have OFP\@Unsung\BIN\*.cpp etc but could not be ar#sed typing it out last night smile_o.gif

2. there was a smaller anim.pbo in OFP\@Unsung\dta that I overwrote. I think it was 10Mb and replaced with one 11Mb. Could you confirm that both are called anim.pbo. if not what are the filenames plz - thanks.

Should I reinstate the 10Mb anim.pbo in OFP\@Unsung\dta and place the 11Mb anim.pbo in OFP\@Unsung\addons

re anim.pbo .....

Should I reinstate the 10Mb anim.pbo in OFP\@Unsung\dta and place the 11Mb anim.pbo in OFP\@Unsung\addons

.....sim.... tounge2.gif (see sim's post below lol)

I think sim should answer the campaign question as he's the one that updated it.

About the patrol i can speak about those, it's different every time you play it. So two kills now could result in 30 kills the next time you play.  wink_o.gif And bunkers shift around the maps as well.

About the patrol, it's different every time you play it. So two kills now could result in 30 kills the next time you play.  wink_o.gif And bunkers shift around the maps as well.

Yeah, I agree to that...  I scored 18 kills if memory serves last night.

Someone got lucky with a small(er) enemy force.

NO IGNORE X!!!! DO NOT REINSTATE THE 10MB ANIM.PBO!!!! pistols.giftounge2.gif

The one in the third party addons folder should be in the dta folder, CJ525 messed that up lol.

11MB anim.pbo in dta folder please smile_o.gif

As for the CTD, I've never had this problem in testing, has anybody else? confused_o.gif

I did not unpbo missions... did you use MAPFACT DAC to randomize patrols / bunkers?

I just released my Ia Drang Valley island guys!  It utilizes VTE ground textures and village objects, but the vegetation is completely Unsung.  This should help you guys wanting the thick vegetation.

Brief exerpt:

Enclosed is the Ia Drang Valley located in central Vietnam. This 51km map was constructed using DEMs to ensure geographical accuracy. The 51km map includes Plei Me SF Camp in the east, Duc Co SF Camp/FSB Mary to the north, Vietnam's western border to the Chu Pong Massif in the south. This is the entire Ia Drang River Valley. Every hill, mountain range, depression, road, base camp, LZ, and village is accurately placed. Vegetation was created around months of research to accurately depict the vegetation in the actual river valley.

Feedback Forum

http://www.ofpnam.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1794  or here

Download

http://www.ofpnam.com/download.php?view.208

Has not hit ofp.info yet, so grab it while you can! I highly recommend reading the enclosed readme file. It will serve you well.

Cheers to all!

I played a SP Mission last night where I marched a 12 man squad around on a seek and destroy for about 90 minutes and we killed 2 whole VC. I think I saw a bunker but got lost circling around it and decided rule one was to bring all my boys home in one piece smile_o.gif

That is the way it should be imoho - I have a load of 4 man SAS patrol missions designed for AAO which have a limited number of enemy in a huge area, each group has good 'randomization' of waypoints, group number, etc - often meaning for hours of play, no contact is made.

In this type of mission, it is a matter of being the most observant - the winner of a firefight here is the group which sees the other first and can move to an effective firing position from which to initate the engagement. If a group-linked AI patrol spots the player group first and engages - the player group should didi mau!

No less fun or no less rewarding for the time spent either, indeed the hours of waiting, listening and looking seems more rewarding and 'realistic' than any mission which you are selecting full auto within the first few mins.....

Mind you, I do build 'straight into the action' type missions as well - each mission type suits a different gaming situation - sometimes you want suspense and nail biting, sometimes you want a maximum number of rounds expended!

It utilizes VTE ground textures and village objects, but the vegetation is completely Unsung.

ROFL! I tried something like that with Dák Sęáng & MeeKong and one or two people really took issue!

EDIT: Unsung updated objects also update Dák Sęáng and MeeKong (released). No new d/l of islands is necessary, they work fine with new Unsung pack as is - I tested last night. Should you not already have these two Nam islands grab them from: Hell's Circus OFP page.

Para @ June 15 2006,10:14)]That is the way it should be imoho ..... each mission type suits a different gaming situation - sometimes you want suspense and nail biting, sometimes you want a maximum number of rounds expended!

Exactly what i was trying to do for this Demo II.

I made several small action packed missions but some of the missions are very long patrols with random enemy troop movement and bunkers/mines/ambushes all on random as well. And some of these things are even on random postions on the map, so they don't appear/dissapear on the same spots. Further more these same patrol missions have hidden objectives that get ticked of only if you have destroyed the hidden target. (a hint, blow up a bunker with a satchel) Some missions have 15 hidden objectives in them next to the normal "get to this location" objectives.

@Shinbusan

Nope no DAC used. Some missions have AIOD (AI On Demand) used. But basically it's done the way i said here above. With mostly very simple 'deletevehicle' actions and some complex thinking eheh. Why make it dificult if a simple solution can be made right

wink_o.gif

Hmm, which mission is this? I wanna give it a go, hehe, haven't tested all the missions yet.

I can't get into OfpNam. Anyone got a mirror of the Ia Drang Island?

I get this error on the site.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/polishgi/public_html/e107_plugins/log/logs/logi_164.2006.php on line 56

Yeah, it's a known issue, everybody from europe gets it, PGI said he'll fix it.

It was fixed for a brief time last night but looks like it's back again confused_o.gif

@Shinbusan

Nope no DAC used. Some missions have AIOD (AI On Demand) used. But basically it's done the way i said here above. With mostly very simple 'deletevehicle' actions and some complex thinking eheh. Why make it dificult if a simple solution can be made right

wink_o.gif

There is no simpler way then DAC smile_o.gif

Has not hit ofp.info yet, so grab it while you can!  I highly recommend reading the enclosed readme file. It will serve you well.

seems that ofpnam is still having this time out problem. i can't access either the forum or the download.

Don't worry I can't either sad_o.gif

Checked OFP.info today. Saw the release of the Unsung demo. Ran home, installed OFP again, downloaded the demo. And damn it blew me away. The units look kick ass, especially the force recon guys. During nighttime you can really walk straight up to a charlie and not see him. And they cant see you either. Tracer FX are a nice addition. Saves scripting time. The highland map just spells elite SF recon.

I usually use the helicopter map click transport on most missions for quick extractions if needed. Then circle round to a new LZ and go in again. Or some quick extraction of wounded. But mang, you guys made it hard on the Aircav! thumbs-up.gif

Hardly a good LZ around, it takes quite a walk to get there. Which offcourse adds to the intense jungle warfare reenaction.

Also hard to do on the map without GPS is guiding in arty rounds. Everything looks the same, hardly open spaces to use as reference. Bigger chance of blue on blue, realism again.

To sum it up, kick ass demo here guys!

Can't wait for the next release, with the SF dudes and hopefully a CAR-15 with maybe an XM-148 combo? And a kitted out M60. Usually SF in Vietnam used the helo buttstock and removed the bi-pod. Stoner is offcourse the MG to go for, but that's a pure SEAL weapon. Don't know if that is included.

@ Ranger 44,

hmmmm have you seen our sf weapons...sounds like you did a little recon into our armoury.

Re fast extraction I think you'll like the maguire rig works nicely for extractions from dense jungle. It's in beta test stage. But Mr. Charles can still shoot you when your in the rig.

Para @ June 15 2006,11:46)]
It utilizes VTE ground textures and village objects, but the vegetation is completely Unsung.

ROFL! I tried something like that with Dák Sęáng & MeeKong and one or two people really took issue!

[...]

EDIT: Should you not already have these two Nam islands grab them from: Hell's Circus OFP page.

Yup, you go there, click a link to get back here onto another thread and you'll find out that modifying the content of another mod and releasing it w/o permission can make people take issue. Oops, lookie there, still hosting the raped files are we. I know of another AU MP team doing the same with my beloved Parrots Beak while I'm in the process of bringing it to the final status. Where's my rofl. You au.. thumbs-up.gif

PGI's Ia Trang is another thing. He told us ages ago about this and he uses VTE as it's supposed to: as an external addon not modified and distributed, only required. Too bad the objects and isles pbo's are far easier moved to the Unsung addons folder than moving all God knows what Unsung files to the VTE addons folder so you could play it with our mod.

Personally I like this Ia Trang very much. It's fully worthy of an "upgrade" title, if one should be given. It has the same touch on the vegetation and gives a good impression of the highlands. My gripe is with the odd combination of some low-poly/crude looking forests and low-fps locations. Looking south from inside Plei Me camp for instance. But that's the same as in Ghostland, hope you know what's going on. Also I'm a bit worried about what you ment by leaving space for the rivers to come, is 1 grid square gonna do it. Last but not least, this is a 25.6km island, not 51km as the readme states  whistle.gif

Is there possibility to publish some VTE subaddons separatly to check out PolishGI Island or not? I do not want to download few hundreds megabytes for one Island, as I am not going to check out VTE as a whole pack (no hard feelings VTE team).

PGI's Ia Trang is another thing. He told us ages ago about this and he uses VTE as it's supposed to: as an external addon not modified and distributed, only required. Too bad the objects and isles pbo's are far easier moved to the Unsung addons folder than moving all God knows what Unsung files to the VTE addons folder so you could play it with our mod.

Personally I like this Ia Trang very much. It's fully worthy of an "upgrade" title, if one should be given. It has the same touch on the vegetation and gives a good impression of the highlands. My gripe is with the odd combination of some low-poly/crude looking forests and low-fps locations. Looking south from inside Plei Me camp for instance. But that's the same as in Ghostland, hope you know what's going on. Also I'm a bit worried about what you ment by leaving space for the rivers to come, is 1 grid square gonna do it. Last but not least, this is a 25.6km island, not 51km as the readme states  whistle.gif

Thanks for the kind words MI_FRED.  I hope the Ia Drang Valley is fun for all to play.  I know there was enough time spent on it...

I guess I do not understand what your point is with bringing up the shifting of files from one folder to another.  Both Mods run comfortably together.  The intent was to make a better Vietnam-based experience for the community to play, not get into a tennis match between Mods.

In reference to your concern about the rivers, as stated in the readme, rivers will be added at a later time.  This is just a BETA that I have been sitting on and wanted to release so everyone can play it.  When I am prepared to add the rivers, I will include them and re-release for all to play.

Please feel free to address any other concerns that you might have, I always enjoy a good discussion.

Is there possibility to publish some VTE subaddons separatly to check out PolishGI Island or not? I do not want to download few hundreds megabytes for one Island, as I am not going to check out VTE as a whole pack (no hard feelings VTE team).

@Shinbusan

You currently need the following files from VTE: vte_isles and vte_objects. And then the sebnam_obj.

I doubt that helps much if you do not currently have the VTE files already DL'd.