Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

i kinda agree with paindealer there. some other things i noticed:

- the temple objects in mission editor don't work

- the "complex" set of objects is missing textures

- during missions i got a bunch of error messages ("missing snake.p3d" & "missing addon ung_weap.pbo")

and then my biggest gripe is about the missing island animations! when you exit from the editor you still keep playing in the background even tho in the main screen. also when you end a mission you don't see the mission complete- pages but the main screen. i think this should be fixed at least.

also, i was a bit disappointed with the new map, since it could have been a lot more detailed, for example small trails, more objects in villages instead of few huts, the bases could have used a lot more objects too. i also missed lz's and firebases.  the bridges seemed to be missing too (assuming there are supposed to be any). the vegetation is great and the atmosphere is amazing, just that it's really quite boring in the end for any other type of missions than patrols.

things i did like were the new main screen, missions and campaign in general and the units themselves are excellent!

This is a demo guys...DEMO...did I mention it was a DEMO.

No matter how you release things, you will never please everyone, we debated putting everything including 3rd party addons into one rared file but then that would have frustrated alot of people who are already running the 3rd party addons for other mods.

The highlands island and the ghostland are test islands, we decided to release so we could show you what veg we are working on; and give you a theatre to test out our work.

Again this is a demo meaning an unfinished product, released so you can get a taste of things to come.

Quote[/b] ]and then my biggest gripe is about the missing island animations! when you exit from the editor you still keep playing in the background even tho in the main screen. also when you end a mission you don't see the mission complete- pages but the main screen. i think this should be fixed at least.

Erm from my knowledge you can only see the debrief screen if you complete the mission. You can't be debriefed unless you have completed a mission. confused_o.gif

No new islands with this new vegetation...A pity... huh.gif

Keep your eyes open and your head down...

My timeframe is about 48-72 hours now...

What island are you talking about  whistle.gif

hmmmm....

if it's the one I've been testing then watch out, bring some good hiking boots, walk softy and carry a car15 with shed loads of ammo.

pistols.gif

Erm from my knowledge you can only see the debrief screen if you complete the mission. You can't be debriefed unless you have completed a mission.  confused_o.gif

yeah, that's true. seems i've been playing too much with the mission editor since there you will always get the debriefing no matter what happens. but anyway, the mission still continues in the background if you choose to end.

and also i do realize it's a demo, but i thought noting those kinda things is all normal stuff here.. they're just improvement ideas after all, not straight up critizism.

What island are you talking about  whistle.gif

hmmmm....

if it's the one I've been testing then watch out, bring some good hiking boots, walk softy and carry a car15 with shed loads of ammo.

pistols.gif

It would be the same....

Been sitting on it for some time now! Time to kick the BETA out the door for all peeps to play!

I like Highlands island, I cannot comfortably play Ghostland now (I assume I had no such problems in demo1, now fps runs down on this island). I did not test it for long time, I will do it in few days, but... well, for example you still did not fix bunkers in Ghostland... oh, no matter, I know, demo...

I think we will do some coop missions with DAC in Highlands and we will test it. I really like this island, it looks awsome from the ground and from the heli.

Nice idea with jamming. This is good idea for other mods. I do not know why you did not incorporate DMA leaning anims...

But it is still too early to say more. I was waiting for it and I appriciate your efforts, guys.

Keep up a good work on NAM theme.

I'm glad your taking an interest in or demo, there are things unfinished, left out, and still buggy. But this should hopefully give you something to mess with while we continue with our Khe Sanh campaign.

Polish GIs' next release will demonstrate the depth of detail we are attaining in nam islands.

OK Im guessing that this might be from the SEBNAM Pack but

d/l all the addons mentioned in the readme but OFP tells me:

missing sebnam_vh, sebnam_wp and towchoctaw175

which is a pain.

Any thoughts?

Third party addons dude. It is stated they are required on ofp.info.

Erm from my knowledge you can only see the debrief screen if you complete the mission. You can't be debriefed unless you have completed a mission. confused_o.gif

yeah, that's true. seems i've been playing too much with the mission editor since there you will always get the debriefing no matter what happens. but anyway, the mission still continues in the background if you choose to end.

and also i do realize it's a demo, but i thought noting those kinda things is all normal stuff here.. they're just improvement ideas after all, not straight up critizism.

Err, the mission always plays after you end, whichever mission(in vanilla OFP). So you can click around in the main menu while the mission is still going on in the BG. But yeah, it is kinda wierd when you decide you don't wanna play that mission and you end it, and when you click around you hear gunshots and stuff.

I'm very impressed with this version compared with the last. Good work. I have a couple of problems though.

The ground textures on the bottom island are crap. There seems to be big blocks of purple in them. All the rest of the island, from where I've explored looks ok. Just not the ground.

Also why havn't you fixed the hands? It's terrible. really terrible. Don't start all the it's taken hundreds of hours and the if you don't like it do your own stuff I'm just giving my opinion. The hands are what we see most of the time.

Aside from the lag on the other island and the seemingly random faces the mod is great. Perhaps I will play with it a bit and try the campaign and missions.

OK a few problems still.... sad_o.gif

My @unsung is set up like this....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

OFP\Addons

BN_Tracer.pbo

COC_Arty.pbo

COC_Mines.pbo

seb_ilo.pbo

seb_ilo_obj.pbo

seb_rij.pbo

seb_rssz.pbo

OFP\Res\Addons

sebnam_a.pbo

sebnam_ci.pbo

sebnam_d.pbo

sebnam_ls.pbo

sebnam_m.pbo

sebnam_nv.pbo

sebnam_s.pbo

sebnam_us.pbo

sebnam_vc.pbo

sebnam_vg.pbo

sebnam_vh.pbo

sebnam_vl.pbo

sebnam_vo.pbo

sebnam_vs.pbo

sebnam_wp.pbo

OFP\@Unsung\Addons

CSJMedEvac.pbo

CSJuh1.pbo

editorupdate102.pbo

ghostland.pbo

towchoktaw.pbo

uns512pack1.pbo

uns_east.pbo

uns_EDEN.pbo

uns_face.pbo

uns_firebase.pbo

uns_GECKO.pbo

uns_gtex.pbo

uns_highlands.pbo

uns_intro.pbo

uns_misc.pbo

uns_scripts.pbo

uns_village.pbo

uns_weap.pbo

uns_west.pbo

ODP\@Unsung\dta

Sound.pbo

Anim.pbo (dated 12 June 2006)

When the campaign starts I get the message

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"|#|}" invalid number in expression

but things work smoothly as the theme from Tour of Duty plays (cool show, cool tune) until I get this...

cannot find BN_tracer123

now I know I have BN_tracer.pbo in my OFP\Addons so what do I do now???

EDIT - OK the BN_Tracer on the link in the readme is different to the BN_tracer contained in the extra_addons.rar.

I now get as far as Insertion first fade out just after radio message to 'slick' before a ctd. ::(

any help would be appreciated.

@ June 13 2006,22:42)]Err, the mission always plays after you end, whichever mission(in vanilla OFP). So you can click around in the main menu while the mission is still going on in the BG. But yeah, it is kinda wierd when you decide you don't wanna play that mission and you end it, and when you click around you hear gunshots and stuff.

Err.. I always thought it's the island animation that plays after you end a mission and exit to the main menu, assuming of course that there is an island animation for the particular island. Or are we talking about the same thing here? smile_o.gif

I get the missing tracer addon too.

I must say that apart from the hands, the unit models are really good. I also liked the paddy field I saw in the Intro for the campaign.

Single player missions could do with a polish.

Ah yes, forgot about that. Well, usually I play on custom islands without intro anims, so I got so used to the fact that I just slip back to the main menu with the mission still going on in the BG, hehe.

For the missing tracer addon:

It still works, you just gotta click ok and it's fine.

In my defense a mention in the readme would have been nice. However, as there is a link directly beneath the link to the alpha its a pretty weak defense.

It was a worthy a defense!   yay.gif

You can also download the files from here...

Demo II Alpha Build 1.0 -

http://www.ofpnam.com/download.php?view.206

3rd Party required addons -

http://www.ofpnam.com/download.php?view.207

@ the Architect

re the hands..........as discused in earlier posts and in the readme file, we released the demo with the old unit versions, hence the bad hands. If you look at pictures of our SF units (the new unit models) the hands have been totally changed as has the unit models. As previously mentioned the new unit models weren't ready to release to the public. So inorder to release a demo sooner rather then much later we used the old unit models.

re the ground textures, ..... they need work, and they are being worked on    smile_o.gif

Awesome, going to try out the demo tonight. Definetly looking forward to playing the new campaign. Hey CJ i gotto caught you oon MSN soon about some stuff.

*folders*

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"|#|}" invalid number in expression

Hi,

The folders you describe are looking ok, just one thing i don't see a BIN folder described. You have a BIN folder within your Unsung folder right?

The error you gave about the invalid number in expression is i believe a third party addon error. As far as i recall it's a error from the Tow Chocktaw. It's nothing to worry about if it's that error. Everything will work fine. About the tracer addon, we found out at the point of release that the mission makers were using two different bn_tracer addon (bn_tracers122 and bn_tracers123) versions. Again the missions should work fine and everything should work. So my best guess on the CTD is that you are missing that BIN folder. If this is not the case then explain some more if you can.

Hope this fixes it. Cheers,

Xâ„¢

*folders*

Hi,

The folders you describe are looking ok, just one thing i don't see a BIN folder described. You have a BIN folder within your Unsung folder right?

The error you gave about the invalid number in expression is i believe a third party addon error. As far as i recall it's a error from the Tow Chocktaw. It's nothing to worry about if it's that error. Everything will work fine. About the tracer addon, we found out at the point of release that the mission makers were using two different bn_tracer addon (bn_tracers122 and bn_tracers123) versions. Again the missions should work fine and everything should work. So my best guess on the CTD is that you are missing that BIN folder. If this is not the case then explain some more if you can.

Hope this fixes it. Cheers,

Xâ„¢

I have the same problem and I have the BIN folder there doing ok. but I get these weird errors still might be a user error in the installation.

oops nvm bout the tracers whistle.gif

@ scousejedi

i just noticed you don't have the anim.pbo within your unsung/addons folder. There is two anim.pbo's.

One is a third party addons file and should go in the Unsung/addons folder the other one is part of the DTA folder and is a Unsung pbo. Further more all third party addons should go into the Unsung/addons folder. But that still don't explain the CTD... Can ya explain the exact point where it happens and what ya see on screen?

@ PainDealer

Same story as above applies to you m8 smile_o.gif

And yeah bn880's tracers eheh.....

Just a note about the Highlands ground textures: They have been taken from Vietcong, and due to to transitions or some crap like that they go funny when being put ingame. However as CJ525 said on the previous page these are being worked on smile_o.gif