Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Thanks for replies guys.Glad to hear thos from you. Go Unsung,go! biggrin_o.gif

Will there be any SF in new Beta? New islands with this vegy stuff? Or perhaps some tanks\vehicles?

Thanks for replies guys.Glad to hear thos from you. Go Unsung,go! biggrin_o.gif

Will there be any SF in new Beta? New islands with this vegy stuff? Or perhaps some tanks\vehicles?

Ah yes...  so true...  you have to know something is up when the marketing portion of the mod grows silent...  As stated above, we are more or less ironing out any and all wrinkles that we find.

The jump from DemoI to this DemoII will be worthwhile for sure.  We have spent a lot of time refining our equipment and men to help differentiate ourselves as a stand alone Mod.  We can only hope that our hard work will be noticed/appreciated by the community.  

Then we will start work on the big boy (the Full release)!  

Our SF boys will be ready to go for the FULL release later on down the road.  Along with all other units as well...  As for vehicles, our group is in the motorpool being assembled for action later on down the road.

As for islands, yes, there will be a couple coming out with the "vegy stuff!"   pistols.gif

Since 'The Unsung Vietnam War Mod' Demo II release is coming very close now, the team felt we should give the OFP community a small taste of what will be released. Therefore we sent out some freelance photographers into the battlefield to take some shots of the forces you will encounter. Now the US Marines were happy to pose. But the NVA and VC were hard to find at first but we managed to get some shots from them to. Well disciplined bunch of fighters btw. So here we present to you the units that will be available in Demo II:

US Marines

uns_westforce.jpg

North Vietnamese Army

uns_nvaforce.jpg

Viet Cong

uns_vcforce.jpg

This was Warrior Xâ„¢ reporting to you live from The Unsung Vietnam War Mod.

No SF... sad_o.gif Well, that's not a game without them. Perhaps you can add just 1 model of them? we really need them...It'll be complete playble demo. At least we can feel ourselves a SF, it's comlete diffirent than marines. Only one-2 models as beta WIP release, could that happen? notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Nope sorry, the SF units are far from being done. To much stuff still needs to be done on them. We gave you Marine recon units instead. Those were not done as well, but were close enough to be patched up for a first release. The recon units are the ones in the bottom row first 4 from the right and the one standing furthest right.

As X stated we've decided to hold off on releasing the new model units as is, as this would cause more headaches then fun. Unfortunately the new units include all our SF branches, and more. They are well under way but there is alot of scripting and modding to do to, taking pics of them ingame and making them look tres cool, is different then letting you guys have at it with them.

We are still looking for more exp. modders to help out, the big push for Khe Sanh will require alot of new items to be made. So if your interested please contact any Unsung member.

Cheers   thumbs-up.gif

as of today they have the first Llauma head models, and will be updated.

new units = units that will be released for the Khe Sanh campaign not this demo

can't wait to finish my aircav and and steal ur textures yay.gif  rofl.gif

going on for the airpack ...  xmas_o.gif

help.gif  welcome.gif !!!!

feelin' sexeh too nener.gif

For the campaign at Khe Sanh, are you guys gonna touch on the battle for Khe Sanh? Mission possibilities are endless

No llauma ;( The new version is very nice but totally unpractical in MP sad_o.gif

brilliant screens, brilliant mod, brilliant work. I can't wait!

Quote[/b] ]For the campaign at Khe Sanh, are you guys gonna touch on the battle for Khe Sanh? Mission possibilities are endless

Everything that happened in Khe Sanh will be touched upon in the campaign smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No llauma ;( The new version is very nice but totally unpractical in MP

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

sim

@Shinbusan  re Llauma heads we'll have to test them in mp to see if they are practical, the ones we are using now work very well, I have not tested the new ones, thanks for the heads up.

@BeErZyMoTiC Air cav will be done, no need to make your own  yay.gif

main focus of campaign will start off covering the hill fights in 67 and carry over to the siege of 68.

For the campaign at Khe Sanh, are you guys gonna touch on the battle for Khe Sanh?  Mission possibilities are endless

There was no battle. Also, there wasn't a siege either. It's media spin.

By definition, a siege means:  The surrounding and blockading of a city, town, or fortress by an army attempting to capture it.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0....ge

Or:

According to the Columbia Dictionary, a siege is defined as assault against a city or fortress with the purpose of capturing it. The history of siegecraft parallels the development of fortification fortification, system of defense structures for protection from enemy attacks. Fortification developed along two general lines: permanent sites built in peacetime, and emplacements and obstacles hastily constructed in the field in time of war. Ancient and Medieval Fortifications and, later, artillery, originally meant any large weaponry (including such ancient engines of war as catapults and battering rams) or war material, but later applied only to heavy firearms as opposed to small arms . Types of artillery include antiaircraft and antitank guns (which fire at high muzzle velocity through long barrels at flat trajectories) and howitzers (with shorter barrels, lower velocities, and parabolic trajectories).

In early times battering rams and bores were employed to break down the walls and gates of a fortified place (see castle castle, type of fortified dwelling characteristic of the Middle Ages. Fortification of towns had been in practice since antiquity, but in the 9th cent. feudal lords began to develop the private fortress-residence known as the castle. It served the twofold function of residence and fortress because of the conditions of medieval life, in which war was endemic. The site of the castle was preferably on a defensible height. England and France, in general, did not afford such inaccessible locations as did the Rhine valley in Germany. The Early Castle, if deception, treachery, starvation, or storm could not carry it. To protect the attackers from missiles, hot oil, and incendiaries launched by the defenders, a shelter was constructed, usually from huge wicker shields covered with wood or hide (mantelets). Mounds and movable wooden towers were built by both besieger and besieged in a race to attain heights from which the adversary could be assailed. Engines of war, such as the catapult were brought into play by both sides to hurl stones, spears, pots of fire, and arrows. It was also common for besiegers to build a wall (circumvallation) around their objective to prevent sorties and a second wall (contravallation) around their own army as security against relieving forces. Mining was employed by the assailants from earliest times, and the besieged dug countermines in defense; such tactics greatly increased in effectiveness with the introduction of gunpowder. Artillery that could breach high walls made it necessary to lower and extend medieval fortifications and mount defensive artillery. Many sieges became artillery duels. The development of tanks, aircraft, and missiles in the 20th cent. has given the besieger a great advantage in firepower and mobility. Some notable sieges of history include those of Syracuse (415–413 B.C.), Jerusalem (A.D. 70), Acre (1189–90), Constantinople (1453), Quebec (1759–60), Sevastopol (1854–55, 1941–42), Vicksburg (1863), Port Arthur (1904), Malta (1940–43), Leningrad (1941–43), Dienbienphu (1954) and Khe Sanh (1968).

With that said, I believe we can come to an agreement that 3 NVA divisions (totalling approximately 20,000 men) moved into the Khe Sanh AO and launched mortar and rocket attacks on the base, camouflaged by bad weather.  The intent by the US forces were to draw the PAVN into a direct-conflict fight as opposed to the small guerilla tactic battles.  I believe we can agree that a series of "Hill Fights" occurred between April and May of '67 on the following Hills:  861, 881 North and South.  These were launched by the PAVN in preparation for their upcoming offensive (TET).  The battle of Lang Vei (SF Camp) comes to mind to further isolate the KSCB from any nearby friendly forces.

While an all out direct attack on the base did not occur, I believe there was sufficient activity that raise this period of time to the level of 'siege' as defined above.

@The-Architect

Do you have any basis for why you believe this could not be considered a 'siege'?

heh wink_o.gif

As you can see the unsung team, has some very well read members, dedicated to making an accurate vietnam mod, we base our work on stacks of research from books, articles, after action reports, from many sources. the Khe sanh campaign will reflect our dedication and show actual actions within the bounds of OFP/AA.WE hope you find it exciting to play and informative.

I thought Khe Sahn Project was classified rog? Damn what rock have I been living under?  crazy_o.gif

And about what the heck do i have been writing a ten pages article for the german wikipedia? It's a nonexistent battle, for sure guy...

Not practical in MP means that players cannot use their custom faces. It means there will be no chances for my group to incorporate unsung soldiers into our pack, as custom faces are very important in coops.

Example:

- Who ever is at the front of me, get down, I will shoot.

[silent and consternation]

- And where are you?

And tousends of other not necessery situations. Playing with faces sometimes is hard, without them... can be pain in the arse. I undrstand it is not crucial for all coops, but my group is depending a lot on it.

Those units are looking good.

I think theres a book about the battle for the hills around

Khe Sanh but i think they took place before the TET offensive. Still though they could make an interesting single mission. smile_o.gif

Most of our mod team has read "The Hill Fights, First BATTLE of Khe Sanh", by Edward F. Murphy. some very very intense stuff. These took place in 67.

@ Shinbusan - our mp team uses custom faces, I went and made my own for the Llauma heads, if you've got a talented texturer maybe he could transfer over your current team faces. Are you using the first versions of Lluama heads at the moment or the original ofp heads. The units being released with this demo have the original OFP heads.

@ SAV hehe welcome back wink_o.gif

@Sav

Khe Sanh was a secret when the first demo was under construction tounge2.gif