Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

maybe AA will allow us to make higher res veg objects that wont impact on performance to greatly. Everything is a compromise when working with OFP. I've been working and reworking the forests to get the best visual to performance mix. I hope the canopy doesn't take away from your experience of what I consider one of the best nam islands made to date, the attention to detail/scope/sounds/scale really immerse the player, ENJOY!!

Polish GI, those images look very impressive.

Thank you sir!  I'm trying!

A lot of work went into this one (better part of 3-4 months)!  When it is finally released, I hope people enjoy playing it as much as I did creating it!

Just a few tweaks here and there so far... as far as feedback from the beta testers.  Hopefully soon I can get it into a position to be turned loose for you guys to give it a go!

I just downloaded the beta demo and I really can't fault it. Although, the voice acting in my opinion wasn't very good. EG: "I'll shove this M16 up you're arse" wasn't said with much force. I'm running it at full vis. quality, full frame rate and at 1280x1024x32 and it looks absolutly fantasic, you've captured the feel of it perfectly. I was so conviced, I got my father to watch over me as a crawled through the jungles. He was fighting in the Vietnam war for Australia, we're he saw most of his action in and around Long Tan. He was blown away but what you guys have reproduced. Well done to all involved. A credit to yourselfs.

thanks for the feed back, getting critiqued from people who were actually there is very welcome, We have a vet who is our reality check, and has been very helpful, as you will see in the next demo release, more missions, more islands, and more accurate looking marine/ NVAunits and better veg.

Just a note the above pictures are taken from the Ia Drang Valley made entirely by Polish GI. It's not an offical Unsung Island but he has used our stuff which anyone can, as long as acknowledgement is given (I wish it was an Unsung Island, he's raised the bar).

@AngusSingle

Quote[/b] ]Although, the voice acting in my opinion wasn't very good

Hehe, yeah, that was last minute stuff, my American accent in RL is quite good, however through a mic it sucks, voice becomes all messed up crazy_o.gif

Glad you liked the demo, nice to hear that the vets think we're doing them credit

smile_o.gif

sim

some of our team are very prolific, Hawk has made a new Ashau island I took a recon team through recently to locate / observe and report any enemy activity. This is Hawks project and is not an Usung project, but I have to say that I'm glad we have him on our team.

hashau8tf.jpg

Just one question,gyus-could we expect it to be released soon?

Awesome screens though. inlove.gif

Looks nice! biggrin_o.gif

When you release the new Island? Need it for any Missions.

Greetings

Imutep

update:

missions are in final beta testing by team. The addition of unit/weapon updates has slowed down the mission builders due to having to update their mission to work with the updated units/weapons.

there will be another update of the uns veg the jungle sections no longer have the bad trunk textures when looking at them from far away, the square panel seen in the grass sections from a distance has been scraped as I couldn't get it to look natural. More differing grass sections have been made. A palm forest has been finished but is in initail testing but hopefully this will be available.

Anyhow sorry for the delay we tried to make a fast release after the initail demo release but we felt that we needed to fix some of the concerns expressed by the comunity in order to make a worth while update before the full mod is released.

cheers

@Cj252

So we could expect it in 1-1.5 months I believe?So,keep up working...I suddenly realise what it will be in gameplay.Even with this low-res grass.An extremely valueble thing... ;)Good news about vegetation though. inlove.gif

thanks for your feedback we do seriously take into consideration your thoughts, I will be revisiting the canopy issue once this release is out and khe sanh campaign nears completion.

your right in your estimate of the release date.

thanks for your patience.....not that you had a choice wink_o.gif

@cj252

Fine.Just don't forget about impletement OWP hands on your SF and other guys. wink_o.gif

A really good looking island... i like to see more of it smile_o.gif

here you go, pics taken of retextured unsung NVA in Polish GIs' Ia Drang Valley.

newnvaidv38ky.jpg

newnvaidv26cg.jpg

lrps in the IDV

Polish GI & cj525 please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

Hey, realy nice! biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the good work.

Greetings

Imutep

Look here

Dang, every image is stunningly visualistastic! This mod is professional looking considering everything is almost built from scrap. Great talent from all our mod makers in the BI community!

Edit: CHEERS!

I can't wait for 1 hour coop patrol on this beautiful jungle islands... But I WILL smile_o.gif

What can you say about actual AI? What is their practical viewdistance in the jungle? And in rice fields?

I am not going to criticize your work, as I loved it in a firs demo, but I am very nervous how it will work in full release smile_o.gif

the view distance will only be shortened in the dense jungle areas the rice paddies / palm forests/ grass fields wont be adjusted, the tall elephant grass will only have the view distance adjusted if your lying down.

Some more pictures...

IDV_R1.jpg

Two SF troopers are identified in the pic above!  Can you find any others?  It is difficult given the time of day when the pic was taken...

IDV_R2.jpg

IDV_R3.jpg

IDV_R4.jpg

IDV_R5.jpg

heres some more pics of Usung units in PGIs' IDV

can you find the second LRP

pliebonxorr2a2sm.jpg

some more pics of the retextured NVA

newnvaidv1bh.jpg

newnvaidv17kk.jpg

Awsome pics, specially NVA hit me smile_o.gif

And what did you mean when you said