1*CIV

1*HeliPack

now of each sort (NVA/US)

1*Jeep

1*Truck

1*APC

1*Tank

1*boat

do you have 1*boat and 1*vehicle for civ?

And please add a nice island, size Novoga or bigger

please send the pack to "quiet_man.working@DCA-DMA.vietnam.mission"

wink_o.gif

by the way, loved the demo

Looking really great,

Some time ago, before Drow left the mod, I PMed him a set of links to recordings of actual SE Asian fauna and some hints on where and when the player should hear them.

Was this passed on to you guys? If not, PM me thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

Love those screenies...

concerning the vegetation discussion... Your jungle veg in the demo was great. For the denseness it created, it was astonishingly lag-free compared to many other ofp islands...

First some more pics:

unshighfight18pu.jpg

unshighbase21di.jpg

unshighchops4vo.jpg

And now for some news:

We are proud to say that the Unsung Mod website is fully functional once again and has been updated with the latest news, members, forum, dowload etc. You can now once again bookmark our homepage and visit us whenever you want. Here's the link to our website:

<span style='color:darkgreen'>The Unsung Mod website</span>

Greetings,

Warrior X™  welcome.gif

nice!! biggrin_o.gif

Still hoping you'll release a new demo soon and that your're doing that remake of Ia Drang  whistle.gif

Ia Drang is already completed!  It is set for a BETA release shortly!  Just need to figure out what the #$*( happened to OFPNAM first!  sad_o.gif (I hope to figure that out shortly as well!wink_o.gif

51km  map, ALL land, 425k objects, no lag (up to 75 guys at a single time tested)...

It's a beauty!

hi guys has been trying to download the unsung but its nt available anymore!!

Can anyone please post a link PLEASE!!!

Ia Drang is already completed!  It is set for a BETA release shortly!  Just need to figure out what the #$*( happened to OFPNAM first!  sad_o.gif (I hope to figure that out shortly as well!wink_o.gif

51km  map, ALL land, 425k objects, no lag (up to 75 guys at a single time tested)...

It's a beauty!

You got me confused now a bit... I know theres a huge ia drang map floating around, something like 50 megs big, and then theres the Ia drang I'm talking bout, the one from sebNAM pack. I hope your talking about a SebNam Ia drang remake there wink_o.gif

It's a beauty!

You got me confused now a bit... I know theres a huge ia drang map floating around, something like 50 megs big, and then theres the Ia drang I'm talking bout, the one from sebNAM pack. I hope your talking about a SebNam Ia drang remake there wink_o.gif

No, this is a new Ia Drang built from the ground up!  Nothing SEB related.  This island is 51km big, and not in an island format, it is a solid piece of land from one edge to the other.  From the Chu Pong Massif in the south, the Plei Me SF Camp in the east to Duc Co SF Camp to the north, to the Vietnam border to the west.  This is NOT a remake of the SEB island, but a NEW map covering the WHOLE valley.  DEMs were used to set the geographical surface and all vills FSBs, SF Camps are placed according to topo maps.

Not sure about the 50megs, but it is 13mb pbo'd.

Hope this helps!

hi guys has been trying to download the unsung but its nt available anymore!!

Can anyone please post a link PLEASE!!!

Yeah sorry, seems that ofp.info has a ftp problem at the current time. The link should work, well the one that is linked from our site that is:

downloads page unsung site

But as i said ofp.info seems to have a ftp problem. You will just have to hang tight, sorry  confused_o.gif

And ofpnam is having a file transfer, that's why it's offline.

hmm thanks guys but the update link too isn't working!

guess have to wait till they fix that ftp problem!!

Tree on the last screen is top notch (unless I can see it's detailed leaves).But these low-res bushes...Can't you use GECKO bushes,mates. wink_o.gif

But these low-res bushes...Can't you use GECKO bushes,mates. wink_o.gif

It is Gecko and the low res has been explained to you also already, stop nagging about the bushes lol  tounge2.gif  We will deliver a good product, don't worry.  wink_o.gif

Great pics, and those bushes are absolutely ok for what they're meant for! I don't think you have to make them higher res (maybe in an AA version some time later...), performance comes first, especially on OFP, and they didn't bug me at all in the demo.

Hopw the lack of pics your announcing means you're getting nearer to a next demo release or something whistle.gif

Making an addon that serves a large group of players, IMO, should be the thing to be after. Though, nowadays, most people have a fairly decent computer which can run pretty much every addon very well. Vietnam addons are different, especially when it comes to jungle. To make realistic looking jungle and the same time have it be high res... well then only a few of the guys who have as big of a case as yours can play it. I'm sure that you will at least give the mod a look once it's released, since everyone working on the objects (as WarriorX has said), are working very hard on giving the players a good 'Nam experience, and at the same time with high FPS. All I can say is that the jungle is thick at places, light brush at some places, and... well I've said enough. I'll probably get sent to A Shau on my own now, with just my CAR-15. help.gifpistols.gif

I'm sure you wont be THAT dissapointed! smile_o.gif

Very well said Hawk!

We have been busting our hump getting things started, completed etc etc.  I believe we have found a very good position that incorporates realistic looking jungles with playability.  As we all know, one without the other detracts from the overall gaming experience.  

We have been doing a lot lately and forwarding the mod in leaps and bounds.  Everyone in the group should be commended for their efforts.  Of which, I believe you will see when the final product comes out.

And with that said, time for a banana!

yay.gif

If I may post a pic I took while mopping up some local forces in the Ia Drang Valley.  This one is a pretty cool shot of the surrounding AO.

Cheers!

IDV_Valley.jpg

Ehmmmmm....Too dark for me.And these low-res bushes.A nightmare of mine. But so far,so good. whistle.gif

Now for some pictures in the bush!  As opposed to the nice, peaceful pictures from higher elevations…

Pictures were taken from recent patrols into the Ia Drang Valley…

Near LZ X-Ray:

IDV_2.jpg

Near the base of the Chu Pong Massif:

IDV_3.jpg

Patrolling in the Chu Pong Mountain Range:

IDV_5.jpg

North Sector Patrols:

IDV_7.jpg

IDV_8.jpg

Quote[/b] ]And these low-res bushes.A nightmare of mine

No more about the low-res bushes please, they have been explained countless times already.

Everyone is working hard to bring the community one of the best Vietnam experiences ever in ofp, you will not be dissapointed smile_o.gif

2Sim

Yes,I hope you'll do your best.I was awaiting this mod for nearly 2 years. smile_o.gif