Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Playing on veteran is fun, with full fog and at night, Charlie jumps out of the damn bush when you least expect it.

Good, some news again! I was fearing you've stopped the mod for the past few weeks, but seems I was wrong then! Hope you'll post some pics of your new work or even a new demo!

Tuning up, some news about the Unsung Vietnam War mod in the form of pics. Pics made especially like this so peeps don't go zoom-sharp-brighten on us  icon_rolleyes.gif  tounge2.gif

nvabunker6kl.jpg

unshighlands9fi.jpg

Addons: UNSUNG MOD  rofl.gif

Pics,pics,pics...and there's new demo version? whistle.gif

Look,athough your pictures are promising,the result (as can see him in your demo) isn't very good.I mean this hands...They're argueing with my DMA pack...And the jungle...really too much...not very high quality trees and grass.Well,there's nothing bad cause it's but...In Russia we say:"It's better less,but better...".Actually to your situation. wink_o.gif Anyway think you will coordinate with DMA to get their great palms of Libya (not CECKO,but new Libya version still in work). smile_o.gif

RE problems with the DMA addon. The animations of the hands where done for certaion unit models in ofp. The models used in the Unsung will have their own animations ...you'll find however that sanctuaries animations fit very well. Plus all exsiting US models have been replaced with newer more accurate models. These models will be released with the full mod and khe sanh campaign.

Accuracy of vegetation and making it look natural and non repetitive is an ongoing proccess, we are always tweeking, adding, removing, replacing models. We welcome anyone to come over to our mod and give us a hand to speed this proccess up, our doors/minds are always open.

cheers

smile_o.gif

unsmarines1rb.jpg

unsnvacamp6yw.jpg

Note: The transparancy you see in the second pic in the top right corner(the tree) has already been fixed. You won't be seeing things like that when you play  wink_o.gif

Looking realy nice, hope to play it soon!

Btw, now that you created great forests you could add some rocks in them, and some small open spaces in the forest so you don't just swim trough the sea of bushes. smile_o.gif

Looking realy nice, hope to play it soon!

Btw, now that you created great forests you could add some rocks in them, and some small open spaces in the forest so you don't just swim trough the sea of bushes.  smile_o.gif

Thnx man! You will be playing soon  whistle.gif

And yep we have rocks around and yep we have open spaces, so no need for swimming gear in the damp and wet jungle  biggrin_o.gif

And now some more footage of 'Nam:

unsbunkview6no.jpg

unsmedevac7rd.jpg

unshighinf11vf.jpg

unshighinf25cv.jpg

Same old, same old  wink_o.gif

Greetz,

Warrior Xâ„¢ {The Unsung}

forums: The Unsung forums go directly here

This are fantastic new screenshots... i like the screenies.

keep up the good work unsung team. notworthy.gif

Damn ,men...no changes again.When this low-poly trees'll disappear?When this low-res grass will be replaced by normal one like BRG's?Well,I'll repeat my hint again:"Do it less, but better"...Beside...these pics just screens.Let's see what'll it like in game.

@KS

Lobbying your new script? whistle.gif

Well,I'm not against this,mate. wink_o.gif

Damn ,men...no changes again.When this low-poly trees'll disappear?When this low-res grass will be replaced by normal one like BRG's?Well,I'll repeat my hint again:"Do it less, but better"...Beside...these pics just screens.Let's see what'll it like in game.

Dude, you must remember that with a team of 1 making the vegetation, progress WILL be slow. If no one likes this, then I would invite them to come and help us right away. wink_o.gif

Also, the pictures are actual in-game screens. How can that be not ingame? smile_o.gif

@nsx: by the way! The demo was lagfree! It was the first Namisland which was not laggy...

so for what in gods name low res tress and gras? I hope, i didn't misunderstood u.

@unsung team: keep it how in the demo, i don't wish me low res tress and gras.... but maybe u can add or release sometimes - 2 versions or verious pbos with low res and high resolution islands. I think this will be a good deal for all peoples, even this peoples with old wrecks like nsx his computer.

But as i said: Keep up the good work dudes.  notworthy.gif

... öhm ... who could try to teach me, how i can get into the config.cpp to reanimate cargoanims? ... i just wanted to finish it for csj ... (bin schon fast sitzengeblieben) crazy_o.gif ....

rofl.gif

greez

beerzy

@23-Down

Yes,it wasn't.I haven't any lags in OFP in case of mine 3.8 AMD and 2 Gb DC RAM.But low FPS was by the way.Wuth mine 6800 GT card.

I just sayed we need some eye-candy. smile_o.gif

But I believe this mod'll do their best although."Time will show.Sooner or later"©Red Alert.

Please remember that making good looking objects and veg while trying to keep the game as lag free as possible is near an almost impossible task. Everyone in the mod working on models and veg are doing their hardest. smile_o.gif

A question: is anybody working on a Khe Sanh map?

I am slowly still working on it , but due to R/L throwing me a massive curve ball right now I do not have the time... Hopefully when it settles down I'll get back into it...this should give the team enough time to make a few more objects for the map.. smile_o.gif

SAV