Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

thats what we made this stuff for, just acknowledge us in your work thumbs-up.gif

Maybe a Meekong remake with our veg?

Unfortunately that would be quite difficult to do at this stage. I could do a mixed NAM objects / BIS objects version without too much trouble of course. Want that instead?

Links not working anymore sad_o.gif Can't download the fix sad_o.gif

Various errors using Firefox, and a wget gives me this :

wget "ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/mods/unsungupdate.rar"

--11:00:52-- ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/mods/unsungupdate.rar

=> `unsungupdate.rar'

Resolving www.gamezone.cz... 80.188.162.113

Connecting to www.gamezone.cz[80.188.162.113]:21... connected.

Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!

==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.

==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /ofpd/mods ...

No such directory `ofpd/mods'.

EDIT : Woops, didn't check ofp.info main page .

We're having an issue with a hard disk on our FTP server used for hosting big files such as addons, mods or missions. That's why no download is currently working at the moment.

The situation should be back normal again today. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Nothing to worry about, then smile_o.gif

Keep it up, gamezone guys! No worry, thks for service

Para @ Dec. 15 2005,08:37)]
How bout a Ia drang remake

Been there, done that biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif  Where is it then?! (I hope with these great new jungles then...)

Quote[/b] ] whistle.gif

Ah CJ... its always the same answer I get from you no matter how I try wink_o.gif I'm starting to get really confused now... well I guess thats what you're trying to achieve biggrin_o.gif Hope never dies...

Well, then keep up the great work! hoping your mission pack is coming soon!

I was playing this mod a bit this afternoon and was very impressed after I installed the update. Finally, I cannot be shot by enemy soldiers that shouldn't realistically be able to see me! It's a wonderful Vietnam experience now, -very- atmospheric and, dare I say, claustrophobic. I move around with my squad with M16 set to full auto (easier in close range fights), feeling very isolated because I can't even see my squadmates. Then gunfire comes from nowhere, grenades are thrown, I end up firing into the bushes, etc. I even shot a friendly soldier on accident when he ran out of a bush unexpectedly and scared the crap out of me.

I think that somebody should remake Dinger's excellent mission Short Straight using this island. I used to love that one, but was never able to complete it or fully enjoy it because of the AI's knack for shooting me through bushes. That business threw me off. That mission would be -superb- on this island though.

wow_o.gif  Where is it then?!

I thought it was released? Been a long time since I even looked at it - and it used VTE objects actually. Maybe in VTE mod?

gonna have a look at vte then... But yeah, ia drang using unsung jungles would really rock (especially as I said before for converting old ia drang missions)

but to change subject...

are you ging to add some napalm effects to ure missions/mod? There was this quite old napalm addon (somewhere on ofpec), it actually looked great, and it was really impressive when you could call in air support and then shortly after hell would break loose. Not funny, but definately scary...

Because I don't remember and I'm too lazy to check out, did the napalm also do damage to objects? I mean, what would be a better way of clearing a jungle of bushes (and charlie) than dropping a shitload of napalm in there?

Oh my god, just realised that I haven't had the time to check out the update with the real life and FDF releases pulling over me, but now the time has come, I'm going to the jungle!

GET SOME!

The Gecko objects do look nice on MeeKong actually, I might have to release this smile_o.gif

Replaced some older Nam missions addons with UNS addons as well - this pack overall is turning out pretty sweet lads.

Are you making any civvies/other free world troops?

Civvies and local saigon ladies... if you know what I mean *wink wink nudge nudge icon_rolleyes.gif) tounge2.gif will be in the full mod. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Gecko objects do look nice on MeeKong actually, I might have to release this smile_o.gif

Yes you should biggrin_o.gif

Dang, those SF screenies look the shit people(as in bloody great). But one thing, do you guys have an M60 gunner(or Stoner) planned too with a bandanna?

And offcourse a unit with no headgear but just the UNS_West10 face I think it was, with the headband. Sgt Elias style.

One thing I would HIGHLY recommend.... giving the soldiers either JAM3 or some type of HD ammo. Freaking NVA are like snipers with those AK's and SKS rifles. I've fired both rifles in real life, and both of them are crap rifles past 150 meters in terms of accuracy unless you got a scope on them. I would also recommend sticking in a Mosin Nagant Sniper unit.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Am I really the only one who has noticed that all the weapons seem to use the goddamn default BIS M16 sight, including M60? That's bad bad bad, cause I can only use M16, M14 and M3A1 now. And I wanna use a type 56!

Quote[/b] ]One thing I would HIGHLY recommend.... giving the soldiers either JAM3 or some type of HD ammo.

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Am I really the only one who has noticed that all the weapons seem to use the goddamn default BIS M16 sight, including M60? That's bad bad bad, cause I can only use M16, M14 and M3A1 now. And I wanna use a type 56!

Should be fixed in update smile_o.gif

sim

Course there should be HD ammo (i thought there is) but AKs are not crap at all. In army I shot it about twenty times and there is no problem in hitting not moving target from 300 meters. I shot with AKM, but I guess older AK wasn't much worse. Other thing is using it under fire, stress, in dense jungle, tired, nervous and so on :P And with a knowledge, that after shoting a mag or two you have to run, before they will call CAS or arty smile_o.gif

This is demo, that's why there is lack of fully finished weapons. But let's wait. UNSUNG already show that they do incredibly things (island for example).

The Unsung weapons are pretty HD in my expierence.

They make up for some pretty long lasting firefights.

And about the sights, man, it's just a demo. You should just be damn glad you finally got some excellent US Nam era weapons. Great models, textures and ballistics, not forgetting to mention the sounds(Vietcong game aye?).

ah dudes one thing about the Men, actually they look ugly to me...I mean compared to Kyle Sarnik's units

smile_o.gif

cool campaign ! much of atmosphere!!! thumbs-up.gif