Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

Yep I use modfolder, have everything in there and the updated Charlies Jungle:

\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@unsung

That happens to me when I try and play VTE, that EXACT error sad_o.gif

I'm not sure mate, the latest drivers don't help either sad_o.gif

I promised screenies about some bugs, instead of mailing them to CJ, I got round to finally getting an account on an imageshack kind of website.

First image, you see an NVA at night, and it seems there is some sort of light which gives him away.

FFD9ECD0640F11DAB6B7FDC4538030D8.jpg

And here some missing textures? Which addon am I missing?

033E4D80641011DAAB96A4A1538030D8.jpg

04533FF0641011DABCEE9F1C538030D8.jpg

And last, not a bug, but for people to see how elite the unsung weapons look on a SEB Nam pack 2 LRRP :

6B36A8A0636211DA824F819453803142.jpg

Here's a compromise for the Nam island builders out there - use WRPtool's 'region tool' to add a layer of Ebud's grassfield.p3d from the Ilo final or igrassfield.p3d (same grass, just slightly different texture shades) from VTE.

I've tried it myself - limits the AI line-of-sight nicely and makes playing in that wonderful Unsung jungle a greatly less frustrating experience.

It is a nice beta lads, great work - hope you can fix the issues with the vegetation, I'd release an 'Unsung Island Pack' for sure if you blokes can smile_o.gif

I don't think this one's been mentioned, but "Insertion" will not end. My patrol's just hanging around--in the "Wedge" formation--at the site of our engagement.

Is there a trigger in place that's waiting for all enemy units to be killed? If so, it's gonna be a long hunt, as I'm the only one moving.

Edit: a bunch of grunts followed me. I think they came from the same squad as I, but then why did our leader stay in back at the ambush site?

I/we arrived at the crash site....and we were ordered to find the MIAs, then no, we were ordered to the extract point. I just headed back to my squad leader, thinking he was waiting for me to return so we would all head to the "EZ." Nope, we're still standing around.

@USSRsniper

Head over to OFP Nam to get another d/l link.

@Crassus

I have never experienced that bug before confused_o.gif

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

sim

All the addons are really nice, and the amount of vegetation on the island really added to the atmosphere.

Wondering - what's the name of the song in the first mission (played during the helo scene), I think the artist is Jimi Hendrix.

The song in the helo scene is called Thunderbird or something like that. I'm not sure who composed it confused_o.gif

If I saw this earlier I would have said, because Im the one who did that. smile_o.gif Anyway, glad to see you've found it out. smile_o.gif

@Ranger44

hmmm, the missing textures are from an object which was taken out of the release island it was a beta of an nva bunker system, this is bizzare as the released island doesn't have that bunker.........maybe the wrong island was released  crazy_o.gif . the updated island will have the bunkers removed.

the light coming from the neck of the nva is a bad path on the scarf texture for the 1.0 LOD. this will be fixed as we are converting to a new model.

Also you'll be able to see our weapons on some unsung SF units in the mod release .....you'll like. whistle.gif

@ [HC]Para

The ai view distance has been limited, I think you'll like the game play now.

Awesome! I look forward to it's release, happy to have a look if you need testers.

HEAD TO THE FIRST POST FOR THE ISLAND FIX, SORTS OUT AI PROBLEM biggrin_o.gif

Been restarting the campaign now... Gameplay has clearly gotten better now, great balancing job there! I like those short intense firefights in the jungle, and slow pace helps a lot. Its really a completely new ofp experience now. Has great moments, when you know you're alone, surrounded by VC just a few metres away somewhere behind a bush and you just shoot blindly around you hoping to get a hit (which is much easier now due that they can come a lot nearer without cracking a shot). Really, a great new experience!

Have you also updated the grass lod? Game looks slightly better now, not that much LOD-blocks where grass is supposed to be. Theres still some LOD issues with the jungle itself though, it sometimes simply disappears when not directly looked at. And smoke looks a bit weird in the jungle, since foliage isn't hidden by smoke-grenades (dunno if its a OFP engine problem though)...

Now just also do a remake of Ia drang and everything is going to be great wink_o.gif

disappearing forests is due to the viewLOD setup to reduce visability, it's sort of a trade off to reduce AI visability just another ofp engine quirk. Grass lods are being fixed.

Thanks for the update, I will include some battlefields (ok... islands) using these addons in a future pack. I will try to get a pacific island out using them asap, really helps show the versatility of this excellent objects pack.

Suggestion: OFPnam is missing nice rubber and banana plantation forest squares. Production of some form or another is important to even the smallest of hamlets, whether it be farming, fishing, light industry, etc. Each town or hamlet needs 'a reason to be'.

@[HC]Para

Maybe a Meekong remake with our veg? wink_o.gif hint hint hint

tounge2.gif