Sign in to follow this  
sim

UNSUNG IS HERE

The Unsung is released people  biggrin_o.gif

UNSDemobig.jpg

Yes after years of hard work we finally have a demo for you all to show you all what we are about.

In this demo the following is included:

US Early War Marines

Vietcong

NVA

Ghostland Island

3 Mission demo campaign

and thanks to the following for letting us use their great addons -

OFP.INFO for hosting our site and Cervo for his great testing biggrin_o.gif

SEB - for his great work and letting us use some of it

CSJ - for his kool Hueys

Sanctuary - For his great patrol anims

Maddmatt - for teaching me a lot about scripting and his great burn script!

TOW Mod - for letting us use their chopper

Fab (for his guru advice wink_o.gif)

Drow for starting this mod wink_o.gif

Offtime for the work he did on the models and textures

as well as Sgt. Stryker for his great textures!

and everyone for their support in this long process.

Soon we will release details of the main mod features.

Download here biggrin_o.gif

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/mods/unsung demo.rar

Required Addons:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/mods/unsadditionaladdons.rar

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/mods/unsadditionaladdons.rar

The Unsung Team:

Addon Makers: CJ525, Minorthreat

Missions: sim, Warrior X

Scripting: CJE, CJ525

Textures: CJ525

Once again thanks a lot ofp.info

Enjoy and don't forget the feeback!!!

After a lot of peoples comments CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism only, otherwise don't bother posting at all.

cheers

sim wink_o.gif

EDIT: ALSO REQUIRED, ICP RPG: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/icprpg.rar

EDIT 2: <span style='color:"red"'>After people were getting a crashing problem with the campaign I looked into it and thought it may very well of been to do with the icprpg7. So I updated the campaign files and here is the new version, let me know if works. Thanks to Maddmatt for helping me go through the files</span>

http://hawknam.net/Charlies_Jungle_Update.zip

EDIT 3:<span style='color:"red"'>This update concerning the AI line of sight is really polished since it doesn't give you any advantage or disadvantage against the IA, which is something really great on a dense environment like there is on these islands! If you never tried this mod or if you gave up at the first mission it's really the time to give this great mod a second chance!

You just replace the old files with the new files in the rared file.

We've decided to release this fix so the community wont have to wait and there is no need to wait for the missions pack to be ready .. which should be ready very soon,with the mission update the weapon mag fix will be included.</span>

Island Fix: Island Fix Download Link 1

Island Fix Download Link 2

Congratulations for having finished it after all this work, i know what i will play tonight wink_o.gif

Thank you for this release icon14.gif

Indeed, congrats for the release. This is going to keep me busy for some time, very good work guys smile_o.gif

Congratulation, I was looking forward to this. I am specially curious about your island and vegetation. Thank you for the release. smile_o.gif

Maddmatt - for teaching me a lot about scripting and his great burn script!

Glad a small piece of my work appears in the mod smile_o.gif

Yeah that script was very usefull! thanks for that one. Fits in there like a glove. biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Now downloading this mod on my 56k is gonna take ages crazy_o.gif Oh well, guess I'll just have to be patient.

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]"3 Mission demo campaign"

shows how much you care about the feeling behind your addons.... *sigh*.

It's a demo icon_rolleyes.gif Be patient, I'm sure they will release a good campaign with the full mod.

"3 Mission demo campaign"

shows how much you care about the feeling behind your addons....  *sigh*.

Yeah that post just showed how much you apreciate the hard work on the addons and the complete Unsung team present and past. ***double sigh*** Now go and make missions then if you want some  rofl.gif We can't do everything ya know. If you want missions why not join us and make some with us  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]"3 Mission demo campaign"

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me icon_rolleyes.gif

I do apologise I couldn't meet your standards and release a 200 mission campaign but this is the BETA DEMO. My simple advice, don't like it, don't play it.

Please don't post stuff like that in the future, instead of saying something like that why not volunteer to help us? smile_o.gif

"3 Mission demo campaign"

Refer to the edit in my previous post.

shame on you gandalf the white

such a advanced member, and such a immature post, shame on you dude.

@TU

Thanks guys for your work on finaly releasing something to make us happy ;-)

Damn, the CZ is stucked, I have to wait tomorrow. Good job with demo campaign though, there're too many mods without campaign or missions. Hails to you all! notworthy.gif

notice RPG 2 bug on east side,when i use NVA or VC rpg,i dont see the model in 1st person view,but it is visible in other views and it works fine,but i dont see it. sad_o.gif

Ok some comments after playing it.

First impression: awsome.

But I experienced some problems. Sometimes the Sound cutts off.

Then the hands, could make them.... "Stick more to the arm." Looks quite strange sometimes smile_o.gif.

And I can't load the second mission, always crashed "cannot load mission: missing addon ..." (something with RPG or so).

Oh, and I've got one question. Is AI able to watch through the bushes? Because the always kill me while I can't see them biggrin_o.gif!

Edit: It's "icprpg7"

Oh, and I've got one question. Is AI able to watch through the bushes? Because the always kill me while I can't see them biggrin_o.gif!
Quote[/b] ]

Since it is still a beta, units don't have blood textures and there are some minor bugs, the most annoying thing is that AI can see through vegetation, the Unsung team is working on this issue but it seems it is hard to find a satisfying compromise.

Quite good as demo! the models & textures are very nice, looking forward to the incoming expected Full pack.

smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work.

Regards

TB84

Unsung team, I am sorry for my previous reply...

...but the fact that allot of mods release addons but no missions to play with (Liberation?) is getting to me, No matter how good an addon gets, it's megic hits you when you see it as it's creator wants you to: Ie not in that sandbox called "desert island".

Unsung team, missions are a big part of a mod, even for a demo. do not get me wrong, I am sure you put all your effort into these addons, but I am afraid you are underestimating the importance of getting memories from it that you didn't make yourself.

Oh, and yes, most likely I will make missions with these units wink_o.gif . downloading!

Quote[/b] ]Unsung team, missions are a big part of a mod, even for a demo. do not get me wrong, I am sure you put all your effort into these addons, but I am afraid you are underestimating the importance of getting memories from it that you didn't make yourself.

I do know this and believe me you will get one of the most amazing campaigns for the main mod, be patient and you may get extra before the main mod wink_o.gif

sim