Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

11/9 or 9/11, Amman

That's pretty coincidental.

I was suprised when I heard of all the other terror attacks in Jordan that were being planned out, only to be disrupted by the US and Jordanian officials. I think these guys got lucky.

Is there any particular reason why this does'nt belong in the war on terror/whatever-thread?

Is there any particular reason why this does'nt belong in the war on terror/whatever-thread?

I thought it significant enough to have its own thread.

But now you've got me curious. Did you also pop that same question on the Madrid and London terrorist bombing threads?

If not, why not? Because I didn't start them?

But now you've got me curious. Did you also pop that same question on the Madrid and London terrorist bombing threads?

Because those did not happen in the happy joy joy-land some call the middle-east.

Because those did not happen in the happy joy joy-land some call the middle-east.

You'll get used to it. welcome.gif

With the population of 400 million people I think we can live with the batting average of 45 people a year (after september 11th) without having to resort to certain measures other countries are so fond of.

With the population of 400 million people I think we can live with the batting average of 45 people a year (after september 11th) without having to resort to certain measures other countries are so fond of.

Good luck Europe!

EDIT: I forgot:

Quote[/b] ]Because those did not happen in the happy joy joy-land some call the middle-east.

Note that the "War on Terror" thread itself is not and never was limited to my happy side of the pond.

May those victims rest in peace, and the responsibles of this carnage found and dealt with like the murderers they are.

May those victims rest in peace, and the responsibles of this carnage found and dealt with like the murderers they are.

I think the person responsibe was a suicide bomber mad_o.gif

I saw footages of people demonstrating...

They shouted that Christians, Jews and Muslims are one..

Seems like there is some hope after all in the Middle East. smile_o.gif

I think the person responsibe was a suicide bomber mad_o.gif

suicide bombers are never alone, there are always several people hiding behind them to not only brainwash them, but give them the explosives and make the plan for the bomb attacks.

These ones have the same kind of responsibility in these murders as the suicide bomber.

Quote[/b] ]Seems like there is some hope after all in the Middle East.

Fortunately there is always a hope, as the murderers are not the most numerous.

Attacks such as this one seem to symbolise how confident is Zarqawi`s group in his center of support and that people are floating in mass to refill their ranks.

But It will backfire eventually.However deadly they might be in Iraq their goals will burry them if not bombs or bullets.

History has proven then when you attack your own population there will be an inevitable backclash.In Algeria,the Muslim rebels split after they start comiting a masacre on entire villages.I doubt this won`t happen eventually in Zarqawi`s group,maybe it`s happening right now with memebers asking themselves how sane is it to behead muslims and target mosques.Will Allah really grant them eternity in Heaven for those deeds?

It´s funny that the terror attacks in Jordania were only possible because of the war in Iraq. Zarqawi get´s more and more popularity because of his actions in Iraq. Groups from all over the world try to get in contact with him to join his movement that has already split from AQ and has turned into a own one. Even european extremists are trying to team up with him NOT to fight in Iraq but to attack targets in their countries.

Iraq war has turned into a big PR campaign for international terrorism. Good job. whistle.gif

I tend to agree. There is really no reason this shouldn't be part of one of the existing, relevant threads. The whole reason we have those threads is to try and keep conversations as complete and non-fragmented as possible.

While in no way belittling this event, I am locking this thread so discussion can continue in an existing thread.