Sign in to follow this  
akd

DMA Army Pack: Now Improved!

Oops. Silly error while subclassing the tracers, so the burst ammo was inheriting all the engagement range values from Bullet7_6. banghead.gif

So it works now, and sounds awesome, but I'll have to putz around with the recoil settings, because as is, the AI sends at least 4 of the 5 rounds per burst well high of their targets. Then again, this could work really nicely from an elevated position.

The real problem now is how to make the burst mode only appear for AI units and not the player. Well okay, it's not a problem per se, but it would be nice if doable. Any ideas?

As far as I know, that is not possible. However, if you look at Laser's weapon pack, he did much the same and simply created two versions of each machinegun: one for the player with full-auto and one for the AI with burst modes.

Keep in mind that changing the recoil values so that AI can target using high ROF will also affect the player's use of the weapon. This is why so many weapon packs have guns with near zero recoil that fire like lasers, even MGs fired from the shoulder standing. The only way I've seen to keep realistic player recoil and still allow the AI to place bullets on target (other than the small chance to hit with first bullet of a burst) is to increase the Y value for AI dispersion until the cone of fire covers the target, even though the line of fire is above. But as with the X value adjustment, the AI will burn through a lot of ammo, particularly if you've raised their ROF.

Yeah, the last thing I wanted was ultra-accurate MGs, so I toyed around with the recoil values some and ended up with a somewhat workable solution:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">mgunBurst5[]={0.05,0.02,0.04, 0.05,0,-0.01};

That's what I've currently got. Basically muzzle rise is about standard, but it quickly dips to below horizontal. Well, at least that's how I understand it. I'm still not completely clear on the various values, some weapons seem to have more value sets than others. The AI seem to be dealing with this okay, in that they're not incredibly accurate, but at least the rounds are flying in a general cone around the target, as opposed to most of the rounds flying sky-high. This, in conjunction with a generous X dispersion, seems to be working rather nicely.

I set up a little test, with a Ural driving towards two machine gunners (I added a "hit" eventhandler to ensure the driver survived the trip tounge2.gif) from about 400m away. It was kinda nifty to listen to the steadily increasing volume of fire as the Ural approached, culminating in a positively divine hail of lead flying at the truck. There was definitely a lot of wasted ammo, but it seemed to do the trick. Still needs more testing, though.

Fun stuff. biggrin_o.gif

Hey ! I've been testing your config as it seemed really interesting. I like it, BUT I have a problem.

I get an error message "Out of reserved memory" which crashes OFP. Once I reverted back to original DMA config, I didn't have this message anymore. The only addons I currently run are ECP and DMA Army Pack.

Well, I might say that this happened on Nogova while playing my own version of DMA CCE, which is quite ressource consuming.

Do you have any idea what the problem, and the solution, is ? I got Athlon 2600, 1024Mo DDR, GFX5200 128Mo, tried the nomap option, but crash every time with your config. Too bad.

Hey guys, I really like this replacement addon as it works on my slower computers which means I can LAN it to the faster computers and have another human player.

But I really really need Locke Anim support for the ECP config.  Can anyone help?  I've tried to do it myself, however the ECP enabled DMA replacement CPP is different in structure to other CPPs.

If anyone can lend assistance I would very much appreciate it.

Jeremy

And don't worry about LA incompatibility, because all of the machines on the LAN will have LA installed.

Not sure whether to post this here, or in the EECP thread, but I have a problem with the G36, namely the fact it's non existant anymore huh.gifconfused_o.gif

In mission editor, if I place a G36 soldier, I get a missing G36a/G36.p3d error

In MP, I just have empty hands and no G36 in gear section of notepad and if I press V, I just spin around...

So the inevitable question is ; Who the f**k stole my G36?! crazy_o.gif

But I really really need Locke Anim support for the ECP config. Can anyone help?

Here is a link to the config for the AKD's improved DMA Army ECP config with Locke's lean mod added to it. I tested it briefly in a campaign and mission and had no issues with it. The leaning worked fine though it doesnt work with pistols (Locke mod config notes pistol lean not included).

I just searched the locke config for locke and then updated the dma config to match. See Shinbusan's comments in this thread for a good example if needed.

Be sure and back up your original.

EDIT: Another Config for the improved DMA Army now with DMA's pistol anim 1.2 so you can lean with pistols too smile_o.gif

ECP + DMA = yay.gif

Thanks! Although as luck would have it, I only fixed this problem just yesterday. Exporting bits Mr Teacup's LA enabled ECP Config and importing them into the DMA army CPP.

So it all works great.

But again thanks. I think all mods should incorporate LA (until something better comes up obviously) - but that's just my opinion.

Thanks to all for enhancing my OFP experience. wink_o.gif

Anyone have an alternative host for akd's customised DMA Army Pack with support for the anims?

There is better thing then Locke's LA, there is DMA leaning animations, where you have more moves, like crouching and fast crouching, plus you can add new DMA running animation. It was on ofp.info and it is incorporated into new WGL5beta and FFUR2006 (but without new run I think)

Sounds cool, looking for it now. How do I add them with DMA Army Pack? I tried de-pbo'ing the anim file and adding modded .rtms into it, but that freezes OFPR.

Here is a link to the DMA Lean/Roll/Crouchmove file. It also has a link that shows you how to edit the config to incorporate it.

Sorry to dig this one up, but any chance someone still has the original file sitting around they could upload somewhere? huh.gif

@Drax

I've searched the universe and I can't find the AKD_DAPI improved pack anywhere. So I've uploaded to my filefront site, link below:

Link To AKD_DAPI_v1.0

Note: DMA Army pack and ECP also required

ECP 1.85 has giving conflict for some reason that i dont know.....i dont here any sound theres no smoke coming out of the tanks mmmm like there are things missing.....god know why.....o oooh and when i shoot in a tank no fire comes out ..... and yes the volume ingame is full throtle and so is my soround sound.....

by the way awsome DMA

thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]ECP 1.85 has giving conflict for some reason that i dont know.....i dont here any sound theres no smoke coming out of the tanks mmmm like there are things missing.....god know why.....o oooh and when i shoot in a tank no fire comes out ..... and yes the volume ingame is full throtle and so is my soround sound.....

This mod works fine. Look at the jpg screen shot of addons required inside the archived file. These must all be installed.

Thanks! This is the config I was using (and adding custom units too) before I wandered away from OpFlash for a little while.. now I'm back and found I had lost it. And yeah, I searched freaking everywhere before posting that request.

You rock! pistols.gif

Nice Job.

An interesting update to a great mini-mod.

Seems the whole community is pitching with ideas.