Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

The Moon

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this before, but would there be any chance to enchance the moon in game?

What I mean is based on the lighting given off by the sun, would there be a way to make it so the moon is a light source as well (though not as powerful)

I think it would be pretty cool for it to light up the landscape like that, a soothing blue bringing everything out while the moon is full. While the moon phases would change, as would the intensity of the lighting..

Just an idea though, would enchance the game a little

Edit; Not too sure about this but it might coincide with the game engine confused_o.gif

like replace the sun and instead of lighting everything ,it makes all blue like?

i guess thats possible.

well,nobody has tried it yet...

well the moon is just a texture, so like the sky packs, it should be changable... as for making it light the place up... it already does

I'm not sure if this can be done, but I was thinking of almost creating a second sun, though less intense so that it glows rather than shines (ie if you were to look at it, you wouldn't see the glare as you would as you look into the sun, but it would be bright)

It would light the terrain the same as the sun, but again the intensity would be lower, mimicking how the moon does light up in real life. It would be more of a blueish glow. I hope that made some sense..

Thanks Smiley_Nick for the interest, I hope something can be worked out smile_o.gif

I had a go at making a 3D moon, using the same idea as that big earth-from-space object (So it's visble from far away), but it didn't work/I gave up sad_o.gif

But, it's possible mad_o.gif

- Ben