Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

How shall we celebrate Arma release?

sit at home and cry till it comes out in Australia biggrin_o.gif

@ LTHunter

That's probably because most, if not ALL of those "criticism" posts are nothing but whines and bitching, durh! And we still don't have enough info on ArmA to base ANY ground on, negative or positive.

@ Him and everyone else

And I would think it would be quite difficult to release information en masse without a publisher.... (How many times have I f-ing said this?) What I recommend is that we wait until information is solidly avaliable before passing judgement. I pity-teh-foo that does so without having any credible evidence, again be it negative OR positive.

Calm down, all of ye!

Caz

Buy two bottles of great wine (champange doesn't travel well). Drink one, send the other to BIS. smile_o.gif

@ LTHunter

That's probably because most, if not ALL of those "criticism" posts are nothing but whines and bitching, durh! And we still don't have enough info on ArmA to base ANY ground on, negative or positive.

That is exactly the problem. As Gandalf the White mentioned in another topic, it is close to the end of the releaseperiod, Q4 2005, as mentioned by BIS, when he mentioned it, it was 55 days. Any other company would have already started advertising to get their product known to the masses. Sneaking into a store and hiding the game under the counter like a special forces operative would do with a load of C4 is not the way to sell alot of copies.

People are whining because they are used to getting proper information far in advance. Then people start thinking, well why aren't they telling us anything? Is that because they don't have anything to say (all other game developers would have already posted lots of screenshots, information, and maybe even a trailer or 2), is it because there is nothing spectacular to show, or is it because it will be delayed.

All ''whining'' is largely BIS's fault. A PR machine that keeps saying ''we will release more info when we feel the need to'', and similar stuff just 1,5 months before the end of the supposed time-frame for release is creating it's own problems.

@ LTHunter

Don't get me wrong, I am a little frustrated too (actually, quite frustrated). It is also QUITE obvious that the game is not being released this year (statistically unlikely as hell.) I sure as hell wish it was, but yeh.... and I think a lot of people are just getting frustrated at this lack of facts.

All I am getting at, is what the hell can we do? Nothing, really. They are the ones responsible for their game. I just wish they would toss us a bone here... Gah!

I will continue to be patient mad_o.gif ,

Caz

All ''whining'' is largely BIS's fault. A PR machine that keeps saying ''we will release more info when we feel the need to'', and similar stuff just 1,5 months before the end of the supposed time-frame for release is creating it's own problems.

Subject has been well covered in this area of the forum, my opinion is that maybe they havent found a good publisher yet or their not willing to sell their souls to the devil to release the result of their hard labour, for you its all about having a game to play, for them is about signing a good deal and ensuring the well being of the company and its workers, wich in the long run also afects us all has part of their fanbase and comunity.

Its all alot more complex than just creating a game and signing a contract, think about it for a bit will you confused_o.gif ?

Edit: To celebrate the release i will just share the online party with you bunch of maniacs, possibly try to kill some of you in online MP too pistols.gif .

I can understand what Lt Hunter is saying. However, i had the priviledge of playing MP with a group of real spec ops folks, with mission parameters set up by the seasoned instructors there for a raid on a radar station, with their own created addons. It was so real that a wimp like me was close to puking when the partisans turn their guns on us in the forest while waiting for extraction! And its only using blocky graphics OFP1!! ( VBS1 takes a hell of a long time to reach other dogfaces due to bueracracy red tape, along with the time to train them on the parameters which is not as freely avaliable as ofp1, so they gave up and focus on ofp1 instead)

The core concept of OFP1 is it's immersiveness and freedom of mission parameters unlike ANY other game in the market for the past 5 years. Lets give a little credit to the folks of ArmA team, with some of our best modders inside. Judging from the screenshots and what is officially known, its gonna be an extreme makeover of OFP1 using the latest chip technologies of current market, and its gonna be even more immersive! So immersive that it may change the paradigm of the phrase - 'get a life' into ' get a virtual life'. You may not wanna leave the computer with Arma on! crazy_o.gif

So bring out the beer and fireworks! Anyone can recommend a good server?

Oh, I can feeeel offtopic. band.gif

I loved the MMORPG-style idea a lot too, one powerful BIS server, with the hugest map loaded on it, and all the community playing on it. biggrin_o.gif It's like 1.5 million ppl? A powerful server would be needed to run that. biggrin_o.gif

Subject has been well covered in this area of the forum, my opinion is that maybe they havent found a good publisher yet or their not willing to sell their souls to the devil to release the result of their hard labour, for you its all about having a game to play, for them is about signing a good deal and ensuring the well being of the company and its workers, wich in the long run also afects us all has part of their fanbase and comunity.

Its all alot more complex than just creating a game and signing a contract, think about it for a bit will you confused_o.gif ?

Well said, that's a point.

On topic:

Let's celebrate it online with a huge join-in-progress party!!!

Yeah, everyone should just join and disconnect all the time to try out that new feature. biggrin_o.gif

@ LTHunter

it is close to the end of the releaseperiod, Q4 2005, as mentioned by BIS, when he mentioned it, it was 55 days.

I dont think that it will be released before summer 2006, afterall, every game has it release date pushed back these days, same will happen to ArmA, they just finished OFP:E, so now they can concentrate on ArmA smile_o.gif

Anyway, ill probably lock my room, full volume and keep playing for a time that is too long to be healthy biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, everyone should just join and disconnect all the time to try out that new feature. biggrin_o.gif

Until windows decides its had enough and either CTD's you or hangs up tounge2.gif .

I am going to celebrate by playing

Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" on high volume before recreating some missions I made for OFP to much about

Like the one where you hunt down civilians in a tractor *in worried now

In honor of great country which gave birth to BIS I shall,

drink Czech beer,

fire Seelier & Bellot ammo from my CZ 75B into air. pistols.gif

i'd get the BIS staff the sexiest call girls in Czech Rep. biggrin_o.gif oh maybe a few hundred drinks too and a plane ticket to come visit me to show me the Beta of OFP2 biggrin_o.gif (keep in mind by the time they get their ticket, they would be too drunk to have rational thought smile_o.gif )

I'll celebrate by buying a 12 pack of beer and then i'll tie and gag my wife up so i can have a whole day to enjoy it without her nagging, "Don't you think you've been on there long enough today". I could give her an all expenses trip out to london i suppose but i'm not made of money... tounge2.gif . Come to think of it, i could start an argument with her so she could leave me..now that's an idea whistle.gif

Oh, I can feeeel offtopic. band.gif

I loved the MMORPG-style idea a lot too, one powerful BIS server, with the hugest map loaded on it, and all the community playing on it. biggrin_o.gif It's like 1.5 million ppl?

And call the game 'World Of Flashpoint' wink_o.gifrofl.gif

We shall celebrate it by conversing over it, and playing all the missions that come with the game and then conversing on those. Then we should discuss how much we love the game and keep this future for Operation Flashpoint bright and hopeful for a long time.

yay.gif

pistols.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Lol i will be like a little kid at christmas xmas_o.gif

Wooopiiiieee .. it will probely end my life this game LOL i will be addicted yay.gif

I shall be shaving the beard off that I have grown waiting for the game to come out.