Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

How shall we celebrate Arma release?

How shall we celebrate the major event of the year, after 5 long years of waiting for ofp's sequel? Many seek to copy, but none as original and immersive in concept as BIS.

-An online 24 hour international celebration like New Year's day countdown party round the globe as each city in the world touched the midnite hour? smile_o.gif

I'll probably take a week off college, play it solid.

(im doing 3d animation/games design, i'll just say i was "doing homework" biggrin_o.gif )

how about a multiple server that can hold 10,000 folks and we all go online multiplayer party? Rampage thru the new towns of Arma with fireworks everywhere? tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

How about the whole OFP community fly to Prague, BIS HQ, and then invite BIS guys for a coffee.

How about the whole OFP community fly to Prague, BIS HQ, and then invite BIS guys for a coffee.

We would need a stadium for this event.

Btw. Extra flights and trains are needed too. biggrin_o.gif

Coffee?? Bah, it's beer down there!  Pivo and pilsner!

You can get a beer for about € 0.40 for christ's sake

biggrin_o.gif

LOL.

I think, I´m to busy to that, when ARMA is released -> GAMING

Coffee?? Bah, it's beer down there! Pivo and pilsner!

You can get a beer for about € 0.40 for christ's sake

biggrin_o.gif

Getting drunk by czech beer. Celebrating ArmA. Couldn't imagine anything better. tounge2.gif

We would need a stadium for this event.

Btw. Extra flights and trains are needed too. biggrin_o.gif

There's a rather large stadium on the west of the Charles River, adjacent to a number of massive dirt cheap hostels. Run some PBR's on the river, tanks through the stadium (who cares about the soccer grass), it'd be great. The hike up and down the hill is a killer though coming back from the pubs at 2am.

How shall we celebrate the major event of the year, after 5 long years of waiting for ofp's sequel? Many seek to copy, but none as original and immersive in concept as BIS.

Five years? How do you know that it is so soo... OK OK, I'm shutting up. tounge2.gif

Ok guys, I'm going to drink a beachhead for you, starting right away. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone still there??

Probably they're all in the little boys room after thinking about the combination of your cooking and the MRE that dates back to the Vietnam war whistle.gif

And I am not going to celebrate it, I'm not even going to buy/get it at all.

well.... im gonna buy a couple of bottles of coke (and a pile of beer ofcourse), some microwave pizzas and then im gonna lock the door, pull down the curtains, turn off all lights, call in sick and play for 7 straight days....

well, or just do what i do now wink_o.gif

Imagine we all send a thank-card, the day it goes gold tounge2.gif , that way they really now how the community thinks about it , with a full mailbox, and then they can start rewriting band.gif

Doing what now? shocking2.gif

my proposal: the clan who makes the best promotion for ara on their webpage should play against the developers. the match should be broadcasted via life stream or something else....

Err, screw celebrating and play the damn game you've all waited 5 years for mad_o.giftounge2.gif

Online celebration sounds.. interseting though smile_o.gif

- Ben

I´ll get drunk.  xmas_o.gif

Maybe you should grow up and start drinking after that whistle.gif

Just dont give him attention, he never updates his windows too, it's just him.

Most likely I'll play arma, allot... allot... and even more...

Guest Ti0n3r

I'll try to collect some old friends and then play it in LAN.

Just dont give him attention, he never updates his windows too, it's just him.

Says the person that didn't even have SP1 installed until last week icon_rolleyes.gif

Windows updates don't offer anything really helpfull, they fix one thing and screw up 5 others. The promotion campaign for ArmA, if it can even be called that, is unworthy of a professional game company. Also, not everyone is stupid enough to waste his money on an unworthy product that BIS knows everyone will buy anyway, whatever it contains, just because it's from BIS, OFP1 with Normal mapping and a new campaign. As said, not everyone is that stupid.

BIS said so themselves that there wouldn't be any interesting gameplay changes until Next Gen Game. Then what do we get?

Some old models that have been done better by the community, with normal mapping on everything, that looks like it is first generation technology and a new campaign.

It's exactly like the mods on this forum seem to be doing. You hail BIS in a 50 page topic, then it's fine, they allow that. You give criticism in even one post, then all of a sudden no one should pay attention, and the topic gets closed. I expected such behaviour from companies like EA and their fanbase, but not from BIS.