Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

When (what date) did you all first play ofp?

Ok Im not talking about joining ofp forums date, im meaning the month and year you first got the game, Im quite surprised at myself actually, because going back through all my dusty backup cds I have found backup 5 which has ofp savegame from ages ago and now I realize ive been possessed by bis for about 3 years? now, That was only backup 5 but (lost backup 4) but im sure it had some ofp stuff too from mid 2002, I never joined any forums as I was a noob and didnt know how to use them back then ^^

So whats your date/year u first got ofp?

ofpbk5.jpg

I played for three months straight when I was 19...that was five years ago. It was pretty bad. I was at a point in my life where I should have been out looking for work and whatnot, but instead I played flashpoint straight for three months.

I've never been that bad ever since, but I've never moved on from this game either.

Abs

sept. 2002 I joined the forum. so I guess I got it a few months before that.

can't belive you still have the same installation of both windows and ofp on your PC barataccas... no wonder you got probs with your mashine...

August 16 2001 First Bought&Played OFP:CWC

June 4 2002 First Bought&Played OFP:RES

And have loved it ever since yay.gif

August 01

Never looked back since

Aug 01, and i swear apart from family holiday's,ilness,social event's ect i mess about with this game every day. And i am married with 2 kids crazy_o.gif

The day the demo got out, I even remember those silly user-mission one could download to it :P

I`ve played the demo, don`t know the date. OFP was delivered to me at Nov 5 2001. Since that date i play OPF nearly every day, and it`s still fun. smile_o.gif

First played the demo: July 2001

Bought CWC: a month later

Bought GOTY: Septembre 2003 after I haven't played the game in a year and picked it up in a game store

IIRC

I got CWC for my birthday in July '01, unfortunatly, it wouldnt work too well on my PC at the time (an IBM with a 400MHz P2, 64MB RAM, and a 4MB graphics card sad_o.gif ). A year later I got Resistance and a new PC smile_o.gif so I could finally play it, Ive been playing ever since.

I think July or august 2k1, never heard about the game nor demo, never heard about BIS either, a guy who i used to work with lended me his copy because he said it wasnt his thing, first mission i played was steal the car, i hated the game and uninstaled out of frustration, then took the challenge and gave it another try, started 1985, messed around with the editor... only returned his copy when Golden came out biggrin_o.gif . Sometimes when i do a reinstall i run v 1.0 to remember the bugs and see how much this game was improved.

I still remember playing some of 85's campaign missions for the first time, damn was it hard...

August 2001. Never heard of it before, but I had just got a computer for school, and was looking for a new game to top things off. I was a big Delta Force fan at the time, so I was looking at all the war games around. Picked up the box and it said I could fly, drive, etc. But (laugh if you will) what really made me decide to get it was that you could look down the sights. That was one thing I always wanted that I couldn't get out of DF (and vehicles, but I liked infantry better anyway biggrin_o.gif ). So I bought it, installed it, and have been hooked since.

And yeah, first time through, that campaign was HARD! biggrin_o.gif

Uhh.. Can't remeber.. Randomly came across the GOTY 2 years ago-ish.. other than that, I can't really remeber icon_rolleyes.gif

Played it several times a week (often more) for most of that time, untill 3 months ago or something (*Frowns at Gand..*)

- Ben

Summerish 2001.. When I got it in a Computer Gaming World Magazine demo disk.. Still have the disk in mint condition.

First I played OFP on the Christmas of year 1999.

I wished my parents for the Operation Flashpoint.

They have buyed it for me as a Xmas Gift.

I renember this good because this Was the best gift for me. An Operation Flashpoint game.

Some months later I buyed a OFP: Resistance and I was in shock. It was extreme good and it is extreme good for the present day.

I am playing OFP since I have got it for Xmas, and this is the only game, which I am playing so long. And I won't stop.

Played the demo on it's release till i was blue in the face, had me hooked - Won the full game in a PC Gamer competition a week or so after its release in the UK (June/July 2001?) and played it ever since. smile_o.gif

Got the demo on a magazine CD.

Despite it was a real slideshow on my very low end system of those times, i really enjoyed the huge potential of it.

This demo came exactly in the good time after i have been very disapointed by the Delta Force serie orientation : Land Warrior being a lot less interesting than the brillant Delta Force 2 in every ways, i was desesperate to find something that would be as nice as DF2 , but would expand the concept a bit limited of DF2 with even more realism and immersion.

User made missions-made for the demo entertained me until i decided to make a system upgrade.

Then i bought OFP retail , just some days before the patch 1.20 was released.

And there i discovered the mission editor , the incredible mission editor, it alone kept me interested in the game since all those years.

On another side, that was easy, as there is no other game providing what OFP is providing to me in term of simulation, realism , battle possibilities and that allow me to edit it or make missions.

Quote[/b] ]First I played OFP on the Christmas of year 1999.

I wished my parents for the Operation Flashpoint.

how did you manage that? is your dad maruk? biggrin_o.gif

first played the demo when i saw the demo on the demo disc of pc gamer, april 2001 (at least i think it was around there, maybe march). had never heard about the game before, but i was just dumbfounded when i saw how different and absolutely spectacular the concept of this game was.

started editing mission.sqms over the summer of 2001, even though i had absolutely 0 coding experience; big ups to lustypooh! then that first GUI editor came out (before the game was even released! ), which made everything a LOT easier.

bought the game online as soon as it came out, i don't remember exactly but i think i may have imported the UK version; that was around november 2001 i think.

i had on and off periods since then, i stopped playing for like 3-4 months when i couldn't beat "after montignac", but i always came back. and now i find myself spending more time thinking about ofp than when it first came out!

X-mas 2001, somewhere between 9-10 o'clock in the morning. I know becuase I woke up, at breakfast and sat down to play my new game. Little did I know it would change my life wink_o.gif

I first got the demo... It wasn't out for long when I downloaded it. So I guess it was pretty close to the release date.