Sign in to follow this  
Le Minh Duc

Vote for jumping?

Yeah, bunnyhopping is unrealistic and should not be implemented.

But how realistic is it, that a tiny wall is an obstacle you can`t pass ? huh.gif

Bet that left a nice bruise.

edit-darnit Mr_Tea you just screwed up my post,blah.

I suppose it depends on how the obstacle is....for instance enemy bases that were on Nogova and such that had the fences,the fences went for quite a long way..I remember one CWC mission where you had to steal an Mi-8 to escape,I used a "type" of jumping,climbed a that was near the fence and darted down it while facing down,flew right over the fence without taking any damage,heheheh But in AA there would probably be collision detection systems and such,then again a small jump isn't going to get you over a fence,a climbing option would be better,but who would want to climb a barbedwire fence.

Well, the option would be "Yes, but make it realistic", but I don't see how this would be possible.

The movement in computer games is quite a tricky problem (you can for example - maybe in all FPS games - run backwards from stairs without falling) and it is one of the aspects which I consider most unrealistic. That will probably never change till we ascend to virtual reality. tounge2.gif

That would be pretty funny to see a soldier in OFP try to run up the stairs backwards and come down rolling and bust his ass.

You are no more likely to jump in a combat situation then you would be to stand on your head. Jumping is just a throwback from Quake; something to make game design simpler over the years. There is no reason to jump in a game like OFP.

America's Army has jumping. It's not necessary for any of the maps, and it is simply exploited in multiplayer.

'Jumping' is usually more abused by the online players than its worth,I vote no and not because its against realism,but because I am against annoying users who abuse this privileg and shout have their legs shot off ingame.

Maybe not jumping, but how about the ability to throw yourself to the ground when artillery is inbound or when underfire. The lay down command is a bit slow....lol.

ok special movements smile_o.gif

- rapid lay down

- lay down from run (typical hard hit the dirt)

- jump at something "close" (like rock or low alt wall or another object)

- jump thru glass (window/doors)

- climb at / over fence/wall etc

- jump over low alt object (ie some wires)

and so on smile_o.gif

When you go through basic infantry trainings you learn how to get down fast without hurting yourself. If you just drop down from running you will injure yourself in multiple ways. Keep in mind that you most of the times have equipment on your front body armor that will affect your body when you just drop down. Same goes for the weapon and ammunition.

A sudden dropdown will get you a free ticket to the medic, nothing else.

A realistic way of getting down from full speed is to get on knees use free hand to stabilize and move the whole body down in a fluent movement. Of course this very much depends on the weapons you carry. If you got AT or AA on your back or carry additional equipment for special actions the process of getting down will be slower.

Get away from those hollywood knowledge on jumping. It´s simply not real.

A soldier does not jump through glass. If he does he risks to injure himself. It´s just stupid. By the way, you would be surprised that you often can´t jump through glass as glass doors for example are harder than you might think. If you want to enter, why don´t you just break the glass with either your weapon or some handy stuff lying around ?

A handy tool for actions like that can be something like this:

806307_BB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

This is a tool that is not heavy and very effective against windows.

Jumping through windows is so off, that I don´t even will the need to comment.

Even if you raid a house from the roof with ropes you will either use small explosives or other devices to break the window before you go through. I guess the enemy within the room you want to enter will have a very good laugh when you bounce of the window....

If you jump over wires you risk to trigger some funny traps right behind those wires. This is common knowledge and embedded in military standard training. unless you have some sappers at hands you will avoid any wires you face.

Climbing in a very limited way should be implemented, with real limitations like no weapon useability for a while as you need both hands for climbing.

definitively well spoken and 100% true nener.gif

edit: first come, first died... and it really doesn't matter in what style you'll enter. to shock everyone inside, is the only chance to survive such actions (intrusions)...

it heavy vary on situation smile_o.gif i can hardly imagine someone jumping thru these hardended doors or windows on my house smile_o.gif ...

even that tool will be uneffective (just some damage) ...

only after use of explosives ...

hit the dirt depends on equipment you carry ... You know there are still armies w/o body armor smile_o.gif

i prolly explained it wrong ... jump over wires i meant classical comm wires you can still see used e.g. for trains where they not yet underground etc .... (low altitude object) ...

you prolly though i mean wires from traps ... jumping over them i will call suicide because you can even fail to jump enough high ...

in most times you can't climb with weapon in your hands so ... let say it will need first put weapon on your neck ... again depends on situation, you will be suprised what all can be done with light equip especially when you got no other choice ...

Ability to crawl over obstacles as Call of Duty 2 implements it would be great.

While I'm at it, the way one's view slightly changes when reloading in CoD2 is also nice.

Anyone who has ever played CS will know that alot of skilled players jump up and down while shooting at you. Not only is this just stupid, its really unrealistic, i can imagine what the recoil would be like tounge2.gif

im against jumping

why?

A) it will end up liek in g2 or cs with idiots performing bunny hoops

B) arma/ofp is moreover a sim not a fps shooter

ever tired jumpin with cramp tied to your back?.

Ok, no jumping. But without it, we need the possibility to climb over walls, fences and other obstacles as in real life. No jumping and climbing will lead to banghead.gif .

Who said anything about bunnyhopping? lol. I only would like to have leap over a log or other small object for fast cover when your under fire.

Woopdy doo?

Jumping is a very bad idea,sure most of us would use it for its correct purpose and jump over obstacles however you must realise that people love to abuse this privilege and bunny hop,a jump over obstacle action when NEAR an obstacle sounds good but jumping in general is a very very VERY bad idea.

the jumping in CSS is FAR too high and even worse,if any jumping would be implimented I'd suggest barely a small maybe 10 inches off the ground,not some damn 2 feet off the ground,all in all,I'm against jumping with a passion.

To late for this in Armed Assault anyway, dont u think? smile_o.gif

1/3, not bad isnt it?

Oh, thank you of choosing real jumping, you make me feel much better, we not minority like dont care people, lol. Oh, I love you so much inlove.gif I cant sustain the thought that in an unreal game I can jump but cant do it in my realistic game banghead.gif

And thank all you voted against jumping, you let me know we all dont like unreal things biggrin_o.gif Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time, there was a shooting game..

Each player had a gun, bullets and went fighting, kill ing each other yay.gifpistols.gif It was very funny and realistic except one thing, the reloading: I had 120 ~ 30x4 rounds. I fired some shot and left 20+ in chamer and reloaded to 30 with other box to 30, then shot some, reloaded full, shot, reloaded about 5 times. So there were 4 boxes, eachone must had 20+ bullets, not 30. Then I shot and reloaded, but amazing, the gun filled up to 30 rounds!!! crazy_o.gif I did again and the same effect happened and I knew, reloading is up to 30 confused_o.gif I asked my char, where did the time u get to fill each box, are you back from black hole bcs I didnt see you doing it? He said, I dont know, I reloaded and then so it was. Hey, did OFP have this? Its so unreal isnt it? Then I went to forum and made a poll: vote for reloading

1 must have realistic reloading

2 against reloading, yes against realism: equip each soldier with a chain gun and forget the reloading

3 dont care about reloading, I use a lightsaber!

I knew people dont like unrealism but I dint think 2/3 chooses against reloading, I didnt know why? Why, why..? sad_o.gif

Nowaday, people dont like bunnyhopping and what they do ? Killing all jumpers? They think that jumping is cause of bunny existence, but why kangaroos jump but they not bunny? Then Jumping is not the cause of crazy things.

IMHO other games, jumping help people run faster. A thing that very easy to do crazily is fire, walk and fire, drive tank and fire, fire at whatever you see but people dont do this, why? Because its useless. Then people dont go crazily with useless thing. If jumping realistic, people wont hopping bcs its realistic, add weight, not fast as running,..

I think as a infantry you must have many interaction with environment. And this is another reason for jumping. I read many people like climbing, so do I. But when you meet small springs, ditchs, dikes, trench,.. jump or climb? In urban warfare, soldiers move from house to house even on roof, jump or climb? When stairs were destroyed, you want to go to 2nd floor, you must jump first to reach the height, then climb, ok? I think jumping is more useful and (because) less animated than climbing (as in/out vehicle) and so on..

welcome.gif

hihi, I think its late for AA

but I like talk about AA as nextgame because I think if AA miss anything good then it will be on next game

At least, I have 2 times to talk

I have never needed to jump once in a the game so why now. As for realism I have tried jumping over creeks in full hunting gear with a heavy gun and even though I am in good shape its very hard so I dont think you can make an argument that jumping up and down in a tactical game is realistic at all. If youre supposed to be wearing lots of ammo and armor the only "jump" might be a dive to the dirt to save your ass from getting shot.

I think as a infantry you must have many interaction with environment. And this is another reason for jumping. I read many people like climbing, so do I. But when you meet small springs, ditchs, dikes, trench,.. jump or climb? In urban warfare, soldiers move from house to house even on roof, jump or climb?

We must be playing different games then since I have not seen those in OFP.

1/3, not bad isnt it?

Oh, thank you of choosing real jumping, you make me feel much better, we not minority like dont care people, lol. Oh, I love you so much inlove.gif I cant sustain the thought that in an unreal game I can jump but cant do it in my realistic game banghead.gif

And thank all you voted against jumping, you let me know we all dont like unreal things biggrin_o.gif Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time, there was a shooting game..

Each player had a gun, bullets and went fighting, kill ing each other yay.gifpistols.gif It was very funny and realistic except one thing, the reloading: I had 120 ~ 30x4 rounds. I fired some shot and left 20+ in chamer and reloaded to 30 with other box to 30, then shot some, reloaded full, shot, reloaded about 5 times. So there were 4 boxes, eachone must had 20+ bullets, not 30. Then I shot and reloaded, but amazing, the gun filled up to 30 rounds!!! crazy_o.gif I did again and the same effect happened and I knew, reloading is up to 30 confused_o.gif I asked my char, where did the time u get to fill each box, are you back from black hole bcs I didnt see you doing it? He said, I dont know, I reloaded and then so it was. Hey, did OFP have this? Its so unreal isnt it? Then I went to forum and made a poll: vote for reloading

1 must have realistic reloading

2 against reloading, yes against realism: equip each soldier with a chain gun and forget the reloading

3 dont care about reloading, I use a lightsaber!

I knew people dont like unrealism but I dint think 2/3 chooses against reloading, I didnt know why? Why, why..? sad_o.gif

Nowaday, people dont like bunnyhopping and what they do ? Killing all jumpers? They think that jumping is cause of bunny existence, but why kangaroos jump but they not bunny? Then Jumping is not the cause of crazy things.

IMHO other games, jumping help people run faster. A thing that very easy to do crazily is fire, walk and fire, drive tank and fire, fire at whatever you see but people dont do this, why? Because its useless. Then people dont go crazily with useless thing. If jumping realistic, people wont hopping bcs its realistic, add weight, not fast as running,..

I think as a infantry you must have many interaction with environment. And this is another reason for jumping. I read many people like climbing, so do I. But when you meet small springs, ditchs, dikes, trench,.. jump or climb? In urban warfare, soldiers move from house to house even on roof, jump or climb? When stairs were destroyed, you want to go to 2nd floor, you must jump first to reach the height, then climb, ok? I think jumping is more useful and (because) less animated than climbing (as in/out vehicle) and so on..

welcome.gif

Sure jumping is possible in real life. But that doesn't mean that it is being used in a battlefield.

You can also sing in real life, but its not normal for soldiers to sing in a firefight.

So even if its possible in real life, its not allways realistic in a game. IMHO jumping would totally ruin the ofp feel.

Why have jumping over an obsticle in armed assault? Why would you jump over a stone, when you can simply move around it? Sure, sometimes ive been a bit tired when meeting a fence you can get over. But thats the only time i missed the climb over obstacle feature.

It would be better to include a "cut fence" action instead though.

Climbing would be pretty dumb to add in general. You won't see soldiers climbing buildings playing spider man... thats what special forces it for.

Sure ArmA will feature better collision detection, but it is still a large battlefield simulator, not a rainbow 6 type of swat game. Lets focus on the athmosphear instead of those small details, that wont bring any good to the gameplay anyway.