Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIMOD Dynamic Weather

true... but it has a tendancy of forgetting that command in my experience, and reverts to its default quite quickly whistle.gif

it is 90% lag free for a mid~hi range system

anyway , i didnt just like this addon, i love it inlove.gif

would be perfect if AI view is blocked

I tried a blizzard on Winter Nogojev....brrr....I actually felt cold playing.... tounge2.gif

Felt like I was trying to make my way through a snowstorm. wink_o.gif

I had a go in Winter Season on Winter Nogova, I know what you mean. It felt very cosy in that hay shed. biggrin_o.gif

Brilliant addon Nick, much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to more NI Mod releases. thumbs-up.gif

umm...I gotta ask. enabling what in DXDLL will make the clouds look better? (postprocessing, or what?)

Yes i would recommend that, it seems to do add more depth to the clouds and make them appear more "white"

By the way, if any of you have any ideas you would like to see in the next version/update we would be happy to hear. As we would like to keep improving it as much as possible.

Smiley

The fog seems to be created on the actual hight of the player ?

What i'am after would be fog that more keeps close to the groundlevel, only covering the lower regions of an island. Maybe you could give a maximum hight for the fog particles that are being created .

Yes i would recommend that, it seems to do add more depth to the clouds and make them appear more "white"

By the way, if any of you have any ideas you would like to see in the next version/update we would be happy to hear. As we would like to keep improving it as much as possible.

Smiley

Sand storms?

Quote[/b] ]The fog seems to be created on the actual hight of the player ?

It is. Your proposal has been noted and carried into action. This is now fixed but fixed version isn't yet downloadable confused_o.gif. Be patient, it will come out. biggrin_o.gif

Also the fog vision block is under work.

Sand storm is also under decision and developement.

Thank you for the improvement ideas. Keep posting them. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The fog seems to be created on the actual hight of the player ?

It is. Your proposal has been noted and carried into action. This is now fixed but fixed version isn't yet downloadable confused_o.gif. Be patient, it will come out. biggrin_o.gif

Also the fog vision block is under work.

Sand storm is also under decision and developement.

Great to hear that. notworthy.gif

and thanks for the quick fix notworthy.gif

I can't imagine OFP anymore without your great clouds enabled. inlove.gif

a small twister maybe?  tounge2.gif  tornado or something like that, something for armed assault would maybe be a big storm at the sea with bigger waves  crazy_o.gif  

okay tested the addon some more now, if i haven't said it before but this is some good shit really  inlove.gif

no need for scripts and stuff  biggrin_o.gif

anywaysthe leaves logic part would be nice if i could put out leaf logic with red leaves , brown leaves and yellow leaves and dark green and light green one's and one or two with mixed leave colours.  Also you could maybe make papers that are flying down or around the ground a little, could be used in urban areas where there have been attacks on offices or maybe recreate something similar to the archives scene in the james bond movie golden eye where the russians spray away at 007 and papers start flying around  pistols.gif

another idea would be t have propaganda letters or flyers flying down that have been droped by airplane  tounge2.gif

money rain would be cool to for a short scene in cutscene or something else where a bank car could be blown up and the money could fly around a bit  wink_o.gif  

one thing i noticed with the leaves addon was also that some of the leaves was black, could been something with my very lowered ofp settings cause i wanted to play cti recently with as high frame rate as possible  tounge2.gif

tested the dynamic wheater  addon too , nice stuff there , just the thunder logic didn't do much thunder at all, i didn't hear any at all  crazy_o.gif  should i set something up other than the game logic?

And lastly when i had the time at 18.00 in may i think it was and some clouds seemed a bit yellowish light greenish  tounge2.gif

Good addon, can't wait to see the next version guys!

to be honest, i dont notice much change in weather during a missions (played a mission for 1Ëhr and the weather stayed the same as when i started it)

that was with the "autumn" logic on Kolgujev....

i would like a more "extreme" change, like with random starting weather....

though not quite as fast changes as in ECP (when after 10 min there is always a thunderstorm, no matter what weather you started at)

Would it be possible to set a max ceiling for the fog, so that you could have thick fog over the ocean and low-lying areas, but clear air above. Also, is there anyway to soften object shadows along with the fog effect?

Just for reference, what settings on the BIS fog slider should be used for the different levels of fog?

And how about a dust storm much like blizzard. Something with different levels of intensity and that could vary over time. Possibly also ability to set it for certain areas of the map (say a beach, mine or sandy/dusty area).

Really great stuff NIMOD.

how about.......animated rain to replace the ofp one? just like the snow? wink_o.gif

this addon is amazing. i thought those 2d clouds that came out a couple months ago were amazing, but these fully 3d clouds just blow them out of the water; flying through clouds is incredible, the snow effects are incredible, the fog effects are incredible, the falling leaf effects are incredible, everything about this addon is incredible, just top top quality.

things that i would like to see for a next version:

- lower lag thunderstorms? i was brought down to ~10-15 fps from ~30-40 (and it went as low as 6fps when i was flying right through the thunderstorm), whereas the other weather effects had no noticeable effect. did you guys make custom sounds for the thunder? it seemed impressively loud (like r/l), and i don't remember ofp thunder being that loud...maybe it was just my imagination...

- i also saw black leaves, as well as orange ones (as opposed to the majority of green ones). i would make different effects for different seasons (or different tree types, or something); it just looks kind of strange being in an all-green forest and seeing orange leaves coming down. idk, i'll have to try the effect with different tree types (i was using the crappy everon needle ones :P)

- are real rain clouds that blue? they look kind of strange against the all-gray sky...

anyway, i'm just gonna finish by re-stating how amazing this addon is, it's the little things like this that make ofp look better than every other game out there (in my opinion, anyway).

Oooooh buggery. Your god damned blizzard crashed my expensive chopper. This is a great addon biggrin_o.gif havent done enough testing yet... it seems so far that the heavy snow.... isnt that heavy. Random weather doesnt seem to do much atm either. But i love the leaves. the storm is soo kool too. blizzards crazy love this addon. i wouldnt mind seing some heavier snow ( so that you can notice it when your flying a jet) yeah duststorms would rule... and tumbleweed lol. Great work guys

outstanding work notworthy.gif the forest leaves and the snow ... all is amazingly well done notworthy.gif

thanks a lot inlove.gif

I have also noticed no weather change on random season(Winter).

I would like to see beginnig of light snow, getting more and more intense in "shorter" time intervals. And sometimes short blizzards.

And yes, "heavy snow" must be more heavy, maybe with lower viewdistance so it don't lag.

But afterall I'm impressed of this addon, keep up this fantastic ´work!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see beginnig of light snow, getting more and more intense in "shorter" time intervals. And sometimes short blizzards.

idk, is that how things generally happen in r/l? from my general memory, weather tends to be relatively consistent within a given day, not changing drastically very often, and especially not within short time intervals...

Quote[/b] ]I would like to see beginnig of light snow, getting more and more intense in "shorter" time intervals. And sometimes short blizzards.

idk, is that how things generally happen in r/l? from my general memory, weather tends to be relatively consistent within a given day, not changing drastically very often, and especially not within short time intervals...

You obviously haven't visited England... tounge2.gif Excellent addon guys, I started OFP again just to try this out.

lmao... we havnt had decent snow in years.. a blizzard is rather rare these days whistle.gif

Thank you again for so many comments. Don't ever stop posting them thumbs-up.gif

Many has been saying random isn't really random at all. The change interval is about five minutes but due to lack of time and due to nature of random effect we haven't had time to test it enough. System in it should work but as you all know 'should' doesn't mean it 'does'.

For all you desert lovers a sand storm is under work and will be included in next update.

Quote[/b] ]how about.......animated rain to replace the ofp one? just like the snow?

Rain in OFP is a texture that is layed infront of player and it is 2D effect. Snow in this addon is created with drop[] command as particles. It is 3D effect. We though of changing the rain texture but decided it was not worth the work it would have caused.

Quote[/b] ]Just for reference, what settings on the BIS fog slider should be used for the different levels of fog?

Fog effect changes this automatically but it isn't really working. We'll take a look at why it isn't working and adjust it to work better.

Quote[/b] ]And yes, "heavy snow" must be more heavy, maybe with lower viewdistance so it don't lag.

To get heavy snow as I wish too is not really possible. It causes performance issues. We'll take this under spyglass and try to make it more intense.

MP testing is also an area that hasn't been tested and can never be tested enough. I heard that it caused terrible lag in 10 player game so if you're testing your MP mission why not test this addon at the same time. huh.gif

Thank you again for all these comments. I'd say it your right to ask what you want and our task to provide it to you.

Quote[/b] ]For all you desert lovers a sand storm is under work and will be included in next update.

Thanks!

Keep up the great work mates...

Regards

TB84