Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

NIMOD Dynamic Weather

Banner.jpg

NIM_Weather1low.jpg

NIM_Weather2low.jpg

NIM_Weather3low.jpg

Storms are brewing, blizzards are coming, and the new Dynamic Weather has arrived.

The Northern Ireland MOD is proud to present her very first public release. We give you "Dynamic Weather". A new enhancement weather pack for OFP.

The pictures don't really do the addon any justice,you really have to see it for yourself.

Features

1.) Fully Dynamic Random Weather.

2.) Pre-set weather conditions for easy placements.

3.) User friendly placement of weather systems using logic's.

4.) "The Four Seasons" variations of the weather systems, each creating random weather in that required season.

5.) Fully tested and working in Multi Player.

6.) 99.9% Lag Free.

7.) New 3D clouds, and new replacement sounds and new models for a more updated look.

You can download the addon from the link below, hosted by the NIMOD, any mirrors would also be very grateful.

NIM Dynamic Weather

Weather system created by the talented scripter "Sentinel" and further details are located in the readme.

I hope you all have as much fun using the new dynamic weather as we did creating it.

Any bug reports, or feedback then please use our Forum, and let us know about anything you found.

Enjoy

The Team

smile_o.gif

*EDIT*

Link should work now

Hi, please check what`s wrong, dl link is not working.

Error:

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/ikonboard311/www.nimod.co.uk/NIMODTEAM/Beta/NIM_Dynamic_Weather.rar was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.flashpoint1985.com Port 80

Edit:

Indeed, it`s working now. smile_o.gif

All i can say Smiley_Nick is, this is awsome. Adds even more realism to the game. Excellent job guys and so easy to use. Sand storms and snowballs next no doubt.

wink_o.gif

Gonna fly until my fuel runs out.

Exelent work, now flying makes more fun than before. Realistic weather will improve gameplay on the ground too, but i`m about to test the effect while using air units for the moment. thumbs-up.gif

Nice job, like the leaves falling (FDF's autumn Maldevic is going to be less static now), and 3D clouds look really realistic too. Only problem i have is that the snow needs to be heavier when using the Blizzard logic. Mirror here.

Ah I am very glad to see this released so soon, trying it out in about two seconds smile_o.gif!

Very well done lads for your first release i do appreciate it a lot yay.gifyay.gif

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-111.jpg

Great job on the effects, adds alot of atmosphere to the game, thank you for this nice addition (looking forward to your map). thumbs-up.gif

Outstanding scripting work and awesome features!, I'll try to see if would there a way to incorporate this to FFUR!

wink_o.gif

Thanks mates and keep it up!

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

would this be ecp compatible?   huh.gif

Hmm...there is probably a conflict with ECP Dynamic Weather, but even with that disabled I think it may not be working entirely correctly, although the effects are certainly there.

I'll have to try without ECP.

However, I am getting this problem above the clouds:

dynamicweatherbug5hk.jpg

Also, in the readme, the word "radios" is being used where I think you intend to say "radius." Might cause some confusion.

I absolutely love it, BLIZZARD would be a lot of fun for a free for all mission HAHA, everyone running around blindly just opening up.

I like it, the leaf stuff is extra good. 1 annoying thing - seems like the storm clouds are a bit too blue for their own good. Might just be my settings, though. Excellent work!

And akd - I get that problem too, though without this addon. It seems to happen to me when I fly really high with a plane. I think it's an engine limitation, not due to this addon.

is 901 that high? Oh well, I don't fly much. More of a ground-pounder. Looks pretty nice from the ground, but I think I need new skies, lol.

However, I am getting this problem above the clouds:

[imghttp://img463.imageshack.us/img463/410/dynamicweatherbug5hk.jpg[/img]

Also, in the readme, the word "radios" is being used where I think you intend to say "radius." Might cause some confusion.

dxdll causes this turn postprocessing off...its nothing to do with this weather pack

Freaking amazing! I absolutely love new clouds and blizzard. It looks way better in action than on any screenshots! notworthy.gif

Thankyou all for your positive feedback, i myself wasn't expecting such a positive response. I am happy you all like it. Keep the questions coming, or any problems you have had as i will try and answer them.

Quote[/b] ]would this be ecp compatible?

The weather effects are fully compatible with ecp, except with the random weather feature with ecp. So the addon automatically disables this feature. You wont notice a huge difference but we had to disable it due to some small conflictions.

Quote[/b] ]Hmm...there is probably a conflict with ECP Dynamic Weather, but even with that disabled I think it may not be working entirely correctly, although the effects are certainly there.

I'll have to try without ECP.

However, I am getting this problem above the clouds.

Yes, the addon automatically disables the random weather feature that comes with ecp, so turing it on or off wont matter in your game settings, as its coded from the start of the scripts.

Also that is a regular ofp bug im afraid. As Wheres my rabbit stated, dxdll seems to be the source.

Quote[/b] ]I like it, the leaf stuff is extra good. 1 annoying thing - seems like the storm clouds are a bit too blue for their own good. Might just be my settings, though. Excellent work

If you could post or send me a screen shot, i can compare it with other versions. It could be your settings, or it  might be the case they are in fact too blue, thanks smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, in the readme, the word "radios" is being used where I think you intend to say "radius." Might cause some confusion.

Ah thank you for spotting that out, i went over the read me about 5 times, but that must of slipped through the net, sorry about any confusion.

Once again thank you all for your replies, and positive feedback, for our first addon we where expecting something less positive.  tounge2.gif

Smiley

uiii...this looks damn good thumbs-up.gif

Tonight I will have a look at it.

Now my clouds project can safely break off.

bye

silola

Quote[/b] ]would this be ecp compatible?

As scripter I know I can't promise it's absolutely compatible with ECP or with other weather effect scripts/packs. All the game logics disable initially ECP random weather and random weather report effects. As I am aware, disabling them makes all weather effects in ECP disabled.

If someone from ECP has wandered here, please post is the following codes enough to disable your effects. Same goes with other mods who have weather effects. Thank you.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ECP_public set [19, false ]

ECP_local set [73, false ]

Thank you for all your posts. I never thought there would be so many people willing to download and test this. Keep posting.

Thank you.

Thank you for all your posts. I never thought there would be so many people willing to download and test this.

What are you shitting me? The falling leaves and blizzard alone are fantastic. notworthy.gif