Sign in to follow this  
Desert-Rat

New Tank

Ok some of you already know that i am working on a Tank next to my Soldiers. It is as good as finished , it don't have all textures yet , but they will come onto it tomorrow because its too late for me now :P

and like everytime the textures are done by myself so no as good photo textures.

And the cat will not sit on the Barrel in the final version but she want to be on the photo too  biggrin_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Tnk1.jpg

tnk2.jpg

biggrin_o.gif  I think that cats great

Good stuff all round

I wonder .. as your making a new tank , it still looks a lot like a chaffee .... perhaps incorparate some features from other tanks .. for example ... if you take away the return rollers and drop the tracks down so they sit on the road wheels you have a similar look to the Christie suspension on t-34's

Maybe give it a gun like the Sheridan

M551_Sheridan_tank.jpeg

WHAT is that cat doing over there? Somebody has to let the animal care know about it! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yes the basemodel was a M24 Chaffee , i just give it wider treads and some "modern" scopes , also the driver has no window , he will get a camara wink_o.gif

@orson: As far as i know wasn't the Sheridan the best tank of the army , i should be a real blame wink_o.gif i dont know if the gun of it was good but the tank wasn't good wink_o.gif

@CannadianTerror: Not all Tanks have "camouflage" wink_o.gif but i will do some later

@Coyote Commander: I was a fan of old things (WW2 , Vietnam etc..) and i am trying to make this thing good enough for the new time wink_o.gif

@ag_smith: so it isn't yours?? biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

if you need some detailed information about the M-24 Chaffee contact me via IM/eMail.

Regarding the Sheridan: Problem was the caseless HE-ammo. It often detonated in the tube prior to ignition command.

That wasn't the only problem , it had too small treads , and so it throw them off many times

I thought this was supposed to be a fictional vehicle ... it wouldnt be restricted by the pros and cons of real tanks

i just meant give it a bigger gun , maybe one that can fire missiles as well .

atm it appears to be between 50 - 75mm

a 120mm demoloition gun would be better biggrin_o.gif

it has a 120mm Canon wink_o.gif and thats good enough biggrin_o.gif dont want to give it a 155mm Canon :P tounge2.gif

it has a 120mm Canon wink_o.gif

But it doesn't look much like that. Maybe make it a bit longer.

Ok i have made the Barrel a bit longer now it looks more like an 120mm gun wink_o.gif textures are almost complete done pictures soon

Edit: Ok here now the finish textured Tank

tankfin.jpg

Tankfin2.jpg

Tankfin3.jpg

@CanadianTerror: May be it looks like its out of place but it is the color of it klick me wink_o.gif i can make it a bit darker , maybe it is better then

@CanadianTerror: May be it looks like its out of place but it is the color of it klick me wink_o.gif i can make it a bit darker , maybe it is better then

that looks like a coat of anti-rust paint put on the wheels after it was put on the stand. in combat imho its very dark.

and i though it is rubber to make the move of it not too noisy

btw: I finished the desert , or bright version of my Tank

Tankdesfin.jpg

tankdesfin2.jpg