Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

What will do to your OFP when you have ArmA

Guest major gandhi

lol

i just wait 10 years for AMD256-12300+ so i can play on 5000m with full on all settings. smile_o.gif

My Operation Flashpoint v1.46 and GOTY editions will go on the shelf with the Fallout series, Baldur's Gate series, and my 1st Edition SK hardback collection.

Sorry to drift but I have to respond to Marshal's analysis of BF2. I finally broke down and bought it and found it ridiculous. Not just because of realism but because of several GUI issues, clipping issues, graphical problems such as objects that appear for high-detail players but don't for others, and the tag issue which misidentifies friendlies/enemies and/or shifts the tags around on the screen. Also the netcode makes the game nearly unplayable during intense online play, which, by the way, is a waste of time because of the cheaters and the jump/crouch flop technique that has become so popular. Also they included audio in foreign languages. I can't understand why. I turned it off for performance, which I'm sure anyone who doesn't speak chinese or arabic did as well.

Granted, many of these issues got fixed, but to say that out-of-the-box, BF2 was good or even okay is just inaccurate, imo. Marshal, I hope you're also wrong about BIS and AA.

Good post tho; well thought out and informative. I too think that they could have basically redone OFP:R with the graphical improvements you mentioned long ago. Why they don't currently have something that the publishers can't ignore, I don't know.

Again sorry for straying...

i will burn all my ofp stuff on many dvds and then uninstall OFP!

After that i will install ArmA!!!

and i hope i dont need to install OFP again after that! hehe

BIS can take all time they want for ArmA, i only wanna have a nice game!

Better they wait a bit longer, so we all can buy us the new graphikcard generation which is made for big areas and long distances!..no longer the graphikcards which are only made for small areas and close quater battles like CS:s, or BF2, which is also not really big areas, if u look on the view distance!

Frantic

waiting for the über game! notworthy.gif

i just wait 10 years for AMD256-12300+ so i can play on 5000m with full on all settings. smile_o.gif

Buy 2 AMD 4200+ dualcore processors, that way you'd have 8 Ghz. It's 4 Ghz lass than 12 ghz, but it's the best for now. smile_o.gif

Buy 2 AMD 4200+ dualcore processors, that way you'd have 8 Ghz. It's 4 Ghz lass than 12 ghz, but it's the best for now. smile_o.gif

It would be just as slow as a single AMD4200+ with ofp or armed assault for that matter.

I burn the disks and put them in an urn on my mantlepiece biggrin_o.gif

Nah, theyll probably go with my older games. I often get urges to play my old games now and then.

You can always shove them in the microwave and watch them fry. LOL thats what I do to those damn AOL Cds! whistle.gif

i will put all my ofp stuff including all oxygen projects n stuff on a spare harddrive and save it biggrin_o.gif

It would be just as slow as a single AMD4200+ with ofp or armed assault for that matter.

Unless you are renderring video in the background smile_o.gif

I will eat mine, and digest them so that they become part of my body.

I think I might send my OFP to its original owner, since I borrowed it from a classm8 more than 4 years ago. It should be a nice xmas_o.gif surprise for him.

PS. of cource i bought the RH and OFP:R later myself tounge2.gif

when arma is finally installed on my pc when released ill be so confused, "what will i do?" Go into the mission editor and see what addons there are and see how good they are, jump straight into the campaign? play a single mission? go onto mp and find that there are no servers? rofl.gif I will more than likely go play the single missions first like I did with ofp1 back in 2002 inlove.gif

I will keep it for my son or daughter (I become next year father)

Perhaps he or she will know how to use that bloody scope on the Dragunov before they can tie their shoelaces rofl.gifwink_o.gif

lol i think they will kick your ass pistols.gif

edit::: good luck with your baby in scotland it is tradition to give a new born a pound coin for luck so i hope u acceptcredit lol

What I will do is keep all my OFP Versions i have and still purchase OFPAA and use all of them. Even when OFP2 comes out because OFP is the most brilliant war game that has been developed. We all just have to learn how to perfectly harness and perfect this game.

whistle.gif

yay.gif

i own...

..operation flashpoit: gold edition with red hammer

..resistance

i used to have the first realese

i will keep the ones i currently own forever notworthy.gif