Bordoy

What will do to your OFP when you have ArmA

Like the title says..........

I currently own:

OFP: Cold War Crisis

OFP: Gold Upgrade w/ Red Hammer

OFP: Resistance

OFP: GOTY

Now when I get ArmA, I will not throw these away or chuck them in the attic. These will stay with the rest of my playing games and not the old ones. I know one or two will try and make a few quid by selling them to a shop for Å2 or something, but I'm keeping mine as memoribilia (sp?), though they may see the CD Drive again after I bought ArmA.

I'll probably put them at some random place and forget where they are when i want to play OFP again... biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I will frame them, put them on the wall and never touch them again.

I'll probly put them on the shelf as a merobilia wink_o.gif Just in case i want to play clasic flashpoint smile_o.gif

I'll keep mine in my game pile... Im sure I'll end up playing it again with my friends who will be to cheap to buy ArmA.

I'll use them as coasters, because I'll be very thrilled with Armed Assault yay.gif

OFP GOTY MOCHA CAKE

instructions

To prepare this GOTY Cake Recipe , first 1 cupful very strong coffee, 1 cupful butter, 2 cupfuls sugar, 1 Operation Flashpoint GOTY bundle (3 discs), 3 eggs, 1 1/2 pints flour, 1 1/2 teaspoonfuls baking-powder, 1 cupful stoned raisins, cut in two, 1/2 cupful chopped citron, 10 drops each extract allspice and nutmeg, and 1/2 cupful milk. Rub the butter and sugar to a white cream; put the GOTY CD´s into a grinder, crunch em, add to the sugar/ butter mass; add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating three or four minutes after each. Sift together flour and powder, which add to the butter, etc., with the coffee, raisins, citron, milk, and extracts. Mix into a smooth batter. Put in the oven for about 45 minutes at 200ş C.

notworthy.gif

Special place on the shelve, too many good memories to get rid of it, all of it will be in ARMA but im a nostalgic fool.

I have the golden edition with the useless RH disk and prima guide stuff and a seperate resistance expantion, wont use it but i just wont have the corage to get rid of it smile_o.gif .

Itll be placed on my exclusives shell

Right next to "The Settlers", "Elite: First Encounter", "Dune 2", "Red Alert" and "Starcraft: Brood War" smile_o.gif

i will put the cds and the plastic boxes onto the top level of my cupborad, cover it nice to save it from getting dust icon_rolleyes.gif

Special place on the shelve, too many good memories to get rid of it, all of it will be in ARMA but im a nostalgic fool.

You wouldn`t belive what I thought when I first saw the topic title...(@#$@#$%# crazy_o.gif)

But yes...it`s all about those memories...Special place on the special shelve...

Gosh, isn`t it stupid? tounge2.gif

I'll most likely put them on my shelf. I doubt I'll remove it from my system but I will delete shit loads of addons!! crazy_o.gif

You wouldn`t belive what I thought when I first saw the topic title...(@#$@#$%# crazy_o.gif)

But yes...it`s all about those memories...Special place on the special shelve...

Gosh, isn`t it stupid?  tounge2.gif

Fine icon_rolleyes.gif , i will throw them inside an arc and burry them in the backyard, then i will make a detailed map with it marked has an x, good enough tounge2.gif ?

I'll leave them where they are right now(in a shelf). Since I've formatted my hard drive, there's no need of uninstalling it, but I'll dowload again the good addons. smile_o.gif

heatseeker, m8, I just said I`m a nostalgic fool too tounge2.gif

And It`s mainly because of your post xmas_o.gif

I will probably just leave it on my desk. Behind some glass with alarmtriggers tounge2.gif

I'll try to give my OFP away to a hot girl as an excuse to have a sleep-over with me wink_o.gif

Yeahhhhhh...good luck with that.

biggrin_o.gif

As for me, I will give my discs a place of honor in my "Hall of Fame" collection of games that were boss, but have gone past their prime. It shall join the distinguished ranks of Terra Nova, Heretic, C&C 1, Red Alert 1, and many other wonderful titles.

I will put them in my safe along with the 3 DVDs of addons.

then I will work at converting STRIKE ISLAND for the new game. biggrin_o.gif

Hehe, it will make a nice souvenier never to be instaled in my PC again tounge2.gif .

Quote[/b] ]...when you have ArmA

that is the real question though, OPFR might be around for a while longer whistle.gif .

Im not getting my hopes up of ArmA coming out any time soon. Lets look at the facts shall we?

1. BIS refuse to let their loyal followers know any information about a release date or how far along the road they are from completing the game.

2. Even if they were ready to release the game tomorrow, they do not have a publisher.

3. I personally believe that this game is a long way off - Why do I believe this? Well for starters theres only 4 screenshots of the game on their official website. The ArmA website is basic to say the least - hardly any info or screenshots.

4. Having bought OFP: Elite for the XBox last week I am very worried about what they will do with any future OFP related games. It seems that they are more interested in adding moving grass than getting things right like clear graphics and nice looking soldiers.

5. BIS need to get in some new programmers to give the game a facelift. Its obvious that BIS are a pretty small outfit run by 2 brothers. Compare OFP with BF2 and theres no competition in the graphics and engine stakes. I know that some people will say that Im trying to compare a 4 year old game with the latest technology, but what about OFP: Elite? Some may say that the XBox wouldnt have the power to run OFP anyway, but what about other games like Splinter Cell and Doom 3 which use better graphics, also what about the new BF2 game for the XBox?

Granted, BF2 doesnt have quite the same playability as OFP, but do you seriously believe that OFP has to look so crap with todays PC technology? What about ragdoll physics, real weather conditions and less bugs?

I was surprised at how good BF2 was straight out of the box - no building clipping or odd things that plagued OFP on release that needed a fix (and in most cases still arent fixed).

I believe that if BIS dont get a publisher soon or release ArmA within the next quarter that they will lose the vast majority of people interested in their game. I recently reinstalled OFP to my PC and realise that its a really old and tired looking game now. Why did BIS take so long to start working on a sequel? 4 years is an awful long time to expect fans of the game to wait (and are still waiting) for a new game.

As many of you know, I ran the TNT league for 2 years and had 100% faith in the greatness of this game for 4 years. But over the past year I have lost all faith to be honest because of the way that BIS has handled the cheats (or should I say that they havent actually done anything to stop them?) and how they have simply abandoned the game and basically sent out a message to the community to 'get on with it'. Some people will say that what do I expect for a 4 year old game, but it was BIS who chose to take that long to work on an update.

Its obvious that Codemasters also had the same worries otherwise they wouldnt have pulled out as publisher.