Sign in to follow this  
Kode

AI in ArmA

The spetsnaz/blackop's sets satchels around enemy tanks but I have never seen them blow them up. In FDF a spetsnaz sneaked up behind me and placed a satchel. I heared the beeping, turned around and killed him while he was crawling away.

Those who don't believe it, just get in a tank and move up to a group of enemy spetsnaz and I can promise you that they will place satchels around you.

Quote[/b] ]The spetsnaz/blackop's sets satchels around enemy tanks but I have never seen them blow them up.

Although this discussion is getting a little offtopic, I wanted to mention that OFP AI will use satchels (even against infantry) if they have no better weapon, but it seems they only run away and detonate them if they are on a guard waypoint. sad_o.gif

In crCTI AI units with satchels are scripted to aproach the enemy buildings and set the explosives if you get them to a certain distance of the enemy buildings.

Maybe it`s similar in Zeus and you we`re standing next to a base building?

Nope, we were on the north side a building in Lamentin, and our base wasn't there.

One of my friends said that it happened once more to them, but this time the satchel detonated.

Go OFP A.I.!

The AI in CTI's are usually given timebombs, they look just like satchels but they automatically detinate on a timer, its because AI won't detinate satchel charges on their own.

from the "latest" interview where they talked about _this

How did you work on AI? What changes will it have from OFP?

Mostly the feeling you are a part of giant machinery, which evolves with events, but not only by one of them. Your companions obey your orders, they react on different battlefield situations and of course your enemies try to find a weak spot in your defence - they plan outflanking, call reinforcements and if they are not in advantage they don't draw the attention. From OFP we have removed many bugs and AI better uses the output of your computer.

your enemies try to find a weak spot in your defence - they plan outflanking, call reinforcements and if they are not in advantage they don't draw the attention

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif