Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Mercenaries 1

Truly excellent. My hat goes off to you Nephilim. This is the best soldier addon I've seen in a very long time. I especially like that they are not equipped with custom weapons, because it reduces download size. Very inspiring in a mission maker sense of the word  notworthy.gif

A little bug report for the next version:

* Missing blood textures on all models

* Jennifers laser pointer produces a "script not found" error message

* Jennifers NV goggles does not work (didn't test the other units in darkness yet)

* If Jennifers nightvison goggles are deployed while riding in a vehicle she becomes trapped in a switchMove, unable to move, with her hands positioned in front of her face.

Keep up the good work. I am really looking forward to the final version.

halon is a private tool made by me and some friends

its not available over net and its not purchaseable.

same goes to paamonster

(see readme)

anyway

the quality of a model is not dependand on the tool you use

to make it.

its rather dependand on your skills and on your devotion smile_o.gif

and the countless hours of editing...

also if you´d read the readme clearly you´d know that you can pm me if you want specific gear

@nominesine

the link posted on ofp.info has the latest version where these bugs are patched

I have encountered a problem with the addons, namely the scripted "double weapon" feature. When adding a normal M21 sniper rifle to the Jennifer unit (as explained in the tutorial mission) I usually start with an extra rifle slung over my back.

Usually. Sometimes the rifle vanishes when I select it. The character is then equiped with an M21 (judging from the sound and damage done) but the hands of the model are empty. It's as if the weapon became invisible when selected. Hence I can shoot with it, but not aim. When I change back to the M16 everything is normal (i.e I can see my gun again).

I'm using the latest downloadable version of the Mercenary addon. The M21 is the regular BIS model with bis-ammo.

Any solution to the problem? Do I need to use the Riflebag Gamelogic?  The mission works 95% of the time without using any GL, though. I'm puzzled???

I never saw any missions using these excellent units, so I threw together a short campaign, featuring all the Mercenaries. Version 0.95 BETA is availiable for playtesting and feedback here: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=27003

The full campaign will be released on Ofpec once it's BETA tested.

Sorry for digging this up, spose its not that old yet, but I cannot get the new unit selection to show in the editor, all three pbos are in res addons, I ran standard ofp no mods, and they wont show, this is frustrating.. Only thing I can do is re-download from ofp.info, although I am a little confused as the version shows as 1.0, and I thought this was the updated version.. Also readme states there is some sort of 'installer', all I found was another .rar inside the .rar that I decompressed with the correct password, copied and pasted the pbo's to res addons... Dont know if running win xp is maybe the issue?

Any help appreciated as this is prolly the addon ive been searching alover for, for the last 2 days...

well still having problems I can email you the addons. Ususally nobodel is caused by missing weapon pack. try seperating addons in a mad folder by itself to ensure no conflict

Thanks for the response, not sure what you mean by seperating the addons in a 'mad' folder. Just finished re-downloading so gonna try again..

Editt// meant to say can you clarify what you meant by seperating addons in a mad folder?

its there, I kinda screwed up looking at the res units selection and not the main res catagory, lol, my apologies. Probably due to spending so much time last 2 days searching for a combat cutie that is worth using... yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif Very happy yay.gif

thanks for the offer to help me out, just pulled a lil 'sped' there, moving on...

Ok, after getting the woman unit up, I have a voice file with a wave2lip that she speaks, and I get no mouth movement. Its not a huge deal, but wondered if there is a way to get her to do the wave2lip?

Only way to do that would be for Nephillim/Retro to correctly define the selections in each units' model to get them to "talk" not to mention "blink" and show other facial expressions the OFP characters seem to enjoy randomly showing, like grinning during a fire-fight etc...

I see.

Well, considering the ton of other female units ive cycled thru, she definitely is it, from her face, uniform, body, awsome job on this one, I really didnt think id ever find something this good.. Guess no speaking can be lived with(most of the others didnt anyhow lol)

Great job on this, although the grinning and whatnot would possibly distort her face (as it seems to with many of the bis units, no offense) - the speaking ability would have been nice(in this scenario she plays a large personable role in the mission) - nonetheless its a nearly perfect 'tough' and cute looking realistic femal soldier that Ive been hoping for..

Very nice addon here Nephillim/Retro , thanks wink_o.gif

if you read through the thread you know why the face animations where not implimented. they very greatly mangle the models head and face the setup would need to be updated to better handle the higher detail heads. The merchs were for VBS! the maker was cool enough to not leave out OFP users like most others do when making the cross over.

I c, well Im glad he decided to put em in here, moving lips or not, I spent forever looking for a woman unit of high quality, and actually just stumbled on this thread by accident after basically giving up lol

It's easy to make a good 3D model when the real model can't argue... with herself. wink_o.gif

Anyways, as I've propably said, love these units, but I've found couple of wierd things over the time though. I.e., the unit "Eric" (tattoes, MARPAT pants...) seems to have sort of "claws", meant as black gloves maybe. The settexture command also has some funny effects time to time... tounge2.gif

Also, would it be in any way possible to customize the face textures? Or change the head model of atleast the not-personalized head units, well, for personal use? I can learn and do it myself (I think), just asking a permission from you, Neph.

I removed that TCPdog.pbo file and still this happens. This applies to all the Mercs. Any suggestions?

dxdshot1148787832copy.jpg

Check the TCP_Dog file is not in any of the other mode folders you are running (if you aren't running any mod folders, check its not in your OFP/Addons AND your OFP/Res/Addons folders - if its in both (and if you only removed one) its still there wink_o.gif

Check the TCP_Dog file is not in any of the other mode folders you are running (if you aren't running any mod folders, check its not in your OFP/Addons AND your OFP/Res/Addons folders - if its in both (and if you only removed one) its still there wink_o.gif

Thanks for the help but no, it didn't work. I looked everywhere for it and I don't see that file anywhere. Any other suggestions?

Maybe you have an old version of Bambis Blackops installed? In the early versions it had the same incompatibility with the dog, so it could interfere with the mercenaries, too?

Just a wild guess confused_o.gif

hmm don't remember downloading that, I looked anyways and I don't see any pbo close to that name.

OK guys thanks for all the help but I fixed it. I decided to delete a lot of addons I don't really use anymore. After that I tried it and it worked, so it was a compatibility issue with one of the addons. Maybe the Starship Troopers mod?

EDIT:Post deleted,the problem was alredy posted,sorry for spam goodnight.gif

it not necessaril tea cups dog

can be bambis black ops or some others aswell

simply take out a few addons and look whichof them causes it