Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Mercenaries 1

ok mayk it the easy way...

once u dlwded this

open the mercs1ofp blha...

then you find te redmes and a content rar

read the readme carefully to understand how hte scripts work and wot features are in

and for the password

now open up the conent rar

slect every file and drag them on your desktop

a enter passwort box shoudl appera now

enter the passwort and press ok.

done

@nx_illusion

if you cant dwld them ask anyone whos online whos gothem tosend htem to ya (over msn or icq..)

I... like it!

I just didn't really get the distraction script. It played a sound and made my character play the "what the" turnaround anim. And then I had my weapon on back, pretty bad thing when you're supposed to shoot an enemy.

Also, any chance of putting the NVG:s on while crouching and prone? As now, the unit stands up to put on/take off the goggles, which again ain't good in enemy terroritory.

And well, the drag/human shield script causes pretty funny things to happen when you have two bodies nearby...

I just didn't really get the distraction script. It played a sound and made my character play the "what the" turnaround anim. And then I had my weapon on back, pretty bad thing when you're supposed to shoot an enemy.

That's because you're meant to apply the distract enemy script to an enemy unit's init field. They're the one that's supposed to do the turn around animation.

I've just try Mercenaries and all i can say for now is: outstanding job Neph smile_o.gif All i can found are just minor bugs that can be fixed very fast. by the way, in the action menu i didn't found any swimming funtion huh.gif

Keep surprising us Neph wink_o.gif

Hey Nephilim,

Although I partly disagree with section nr 4. and 13. of your readme (wuhh.. I shivered when I read your copyright agreement wink_o.gif ) and still believe it's best for the community to openly share the stuff to further develop OFP as a combined community, I must admit one thing:

AWESOME SHIT!! Very good work! Extra ordinary!!

or as my company commander used to tell us:

SEHR SEHR ORDENTLICH.. tounge2.gif

Personally I like those details like the com gear and the glasses most. Generally all the details are just amazing. Just the hands were a little disappointing - if you put them into contrast with the extremly well done head models.

Now just one last thing: could you give us a hint on how many faces your models finally have?? wink_o.gif

It seems these units are cursed for me crazy_o.gif . I d/ld them from the second link get a 89.1 mb file which i believe is the mercs addon right? I put it in my addons folder , fire up ofp search madly throughout the editor and cant find them in west/res or anywhere where the hell are they?

Sorry i dont have the readme as the second link didnt have it crazy_o.gif .

Help anyone?

Its under resistance>merceneries all of them are there.

Glad you got your prob fixed too btw thumbs-up.gif .

The file name is this right : RFJ_mercs_d.PBO

I have it in my addons folder and i dont see it under res side anywhere ... mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif .

Evidence that i am not blind or am i?

f44bpg.jpg

Was the second link from where i got this file screwed up?

Did you extract all the contents to your desktop or another folder, then click on the folder, and cut and paste the files into your res>addons directory?

Hey i had the same problem Acecombat! ( ace combat is a fun flight game on consoles )

back 2 topic tounge2.gif

you need to either have the first release and then download the update file or you download fixed release from ofp.info site? use whatever way works for you. Going off to try 'em out now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The file name is this right : RFJ_mercs_d.PBO

I have it in my addons folder and i dont see it under res side anywhere

you are missing some of the pbo actually, you should have :

RFJ_mercs.PBO

RFJ_mercs_d.PBO

RFJ_wpns.PBO

The file name is this right : RFJ_mercs_d.PBO

RFJ_mercs.PBO and RFJ_wpns.PBO are missing.

You only downloaded the updated texture PBO wink_o.gif

edit*hmm sanctuary stop that rofl.gif

Another note : the FNP90 inside this pack is missing some textures

n29bh.jpg

But i don't remember having seen this weapon mentionned in the readme , i hope i have not spoiled an easter egg there.

And the Hk MK23 SD from the pack is looking for a

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">modelOptics="optika_beretta92";

, i don't know for VBS1 but in OFP it is not there, to correct this inside the config you should put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">modelOptics="\O\Guns\optika_beretta92";

in the modeloptic line to have it working in OFP , again i hope it was not another easter egg i just spoiled there.

A last report, i am not sure if it is like this because of the conversion VBS1 -> OFP of those mercenary models or if it is because of the new heads missing something on them, but i have not seen them blinking once actually , is it normal ?

Simple, all mercenarys have to go through an eye lid removal. smile_o.gif

Hmm... How did you get the P90?

People are not curious enough when they install an addon.

As i am not sure about the "easter egg" status, i will say nothing before knowing the status.

But, by themselves people will notice pbo names , and that could lead them into thinking that ...

Then what come after is another story wink_o.gif

yeah sanctuary where did you find that p90? tounge2.gif

i dunno if its been mentioned but even after update i got a ctd after placing the IR stick. Would love to have it really much inlove.gif just sneaking inside a base and dropping the ir thing and then get out and order aircrafts to target it biggrin_o.gif

love the details on the mercs, like caps , radios and pockets. Just one fella with yellow sun glasses that looked funny, like the parts that go from glasses to the parts that are on the ears would go inside his head by a bunch of cm's crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Discovered also a cool thingy , the laser pointer yay.gif

wow its very cool and it's already built in to these guys.

no matter what weapon you use its there biggrin_o.gif

just once i had a small bug with it and that was when i had the laser pointer activated while i had the rifle on my back and then pulled up the rifle but the laser pointer was going from the hand and aimed to the left side and not straight as it should be biggrin_o.gif but thats no biggie i know what to do to not do it again biggrin_o.gif

Outstanding addon. Thumbs up!

PS.: It's incompatible with TCP_TestDog.pbo addon (probably TestDog addon's issue? I don't know if it's the latest version of this addon - PBO size is 729516bytes) when mercs are used together with the dog addon, strange things gonna happen:

merc.jpg

This issue has already been discussed multiple times in this thread alone.

screw tcptest dog!!!!  pistols.gif

Altho it's issues, that's hardly a nice thing to say about an engine limit breaker.

(don't blame hthe tcptest dog, it's cool doggy after all biggrin_o.gif )

(and it's just the second addon I know which has the same issue)

Mercs are awesome biggrin_o.gif, no doubt -Jeniffer model with Neph' made head is really cool.. I wish all heads in ofp would be replaced by those... notworthy.gif

(NVG animations also really cool..)

bugs (except those already mention above, like IR Designator CTD, etc.): funny carry/use enemy as human shield issue: get one when you carry a beretta [edit](or with a rifle but crouching or lying down, now I'm not sure; I can try to reproduce this)[/edit], then leave him;)

dxdshot1130700704.jpg

Neph, one more think: Jennifer supposed to be a medic (Grom medic actually hehe) but she has no healing skills... (only "First Aid" kit on the left arm....)

_

_

Very nice models , however textures need work , some parts are missing them or they are stretched like ugly in some place (will post pics later to show where but i guess you already know as this is a beta right?).

Merc Graeme

Merc Eric

Good job thumbs-up.gif .