Sign in to follow this  
bigsouth1981

Animations?

Do you think armed assault will feature any new charicter animations?, such as death throes?, does anyone know if VBS implemented anything like this? Just thought id add something new to talk about, although this will probably get closed like everything else.

i wonder about lean, roll on ground and similar "moves" (i know they were done by scripters laterly for OFPR) but i still wonder if they made it to "default" AA ...

but i guess we need wait for final time ...

Looking at the Elite videos the've still used the old "safe" animation, one can only hope that they've moved on from those and will suprise us true fans (PC users) with some new animations. Also bearing in mind they've improved the physics i would say it's a pretty good bet they have.... biggrin_o.gif

edit: VBS has some differant animations but on the whole it's the same.

what i would like to know is if they are going to have ragdoll for the soldiers.

then we wouldnt need death animations.

i have seen some videos on real combat (nothing pleasent)

alot of the time when a person is hit by a bullet or even fragments from explosives, they just drop like a doll, since the pain of the injury is so great that they just go into shock and drop to the ground. im not saying that when ever you take a hit you go down, it'll depend on how badly you get injured.

I hope there will be new movement and stance animations that look smoother and more realistic.

I would like to see diferent weapon holding animations depending on the rifle the unit is holding or picks up.

Diferent weapon animations for assault rifles, smg's, MG's, etc including stance, reloading and maybe even movement (movement being less important). This would increase realism considerably imo smile_o.gif .

Ragdolls are cpu drainers and dont look all that great in MP usualy, dont know what would happen if 5 coop gamers would engage a large amount of a.i. units with MG's and grenades if the game featured ragdolls, possible cpu melt down confused_o.gif .

What I want to know is whether the troops will actually put a magazine in their weapons, rather than vaguely move their hand around it to the sound of "Click, click, click". I haven't read anywhere about it, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

What I want to know is whether the troops will actually put a magazine in their weapons, rather than vaguely move their hand around it to the sound of "Click, click, click".  I haven't read anywhere about it, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?

I somehow doubt they will improve that in this new version but it doesnt really concern me much if at all smile_o.gif .

There's a nice new running animation, I know that...but the rest seems unchanged sad_o.gif

No ragdoll, that was written somewhere by a dev, but a greater animation diversity would be great, and tweaked walking anims as well.

What i would like to see is a few types of animation for the same thing. I mean not every soldier runs exactly the same way, not everyone stands in combat ready position the same way etc. And after playing OFP for so many years im sick of soldiers who have the same height, stand in the same poses in a perfect shaped formation... If the faces were not different this would be a real clone wars. crazy_o.gif And i think even if BIS didn't include many types of anims for one thing they should IMHO allow for doing that by the community. Adding this to engine can be done only by BIS, while making more anims can be done by the community. Even if BIS is willing to have only one anim for one thing they should define for example that running has 3 possible animations and setting their default anim for every of those possibilities.

Like they did with the resistance civilian females biggrin_o.gif , i dont think it would be worth making diferent movement for soldiers, if BIS would change the apearance of diferent classes (MG, grenadier, etc) more and make diferent weapon carrying, holding and reloading animations depending on weapon type (AR, MG, SMG) the clone efect wouldnt be so noticeable smile_o.gif .

I haven't noticed that every soldier has the same height, but it looks nice as i imagine 10 soldiers with different heights running . smile_o.gif

The fact that the reloading doesnt include the swapping of the ammo clip is annoying me too.

Quote[/b] ]The fact that the reloading doesnt include the swapping of the ammo clip is annoying me too.

I think BIS didn't implement complete reloading animations for the sake of flexibility. This made it so that they didn't have to create separate reloading animations for each individual weapon. Also, since they probably thought from the start that OFP would be very mod friendly, they probably left them out to decrease the amount of work that modders needed to do in order to create new weapons. I'm sure we wouldn't have weapon packs with 20-30 individual weapons in them if the authors had to make reloading animations for each different weapon.

That said, I would really like to see complicated weapon animations as well, but I don't think BIS would be able to without reworking their point of view, animation and weapon systems.

However, there are some animations that I think could be included easily:

- Reload animations for bullpup weapons.

- Reload animations for regular shotguns (putting a few shells in it).

- Pumping animations for shotguns.

- Holding animations for weapons with foregrips.

Quote[/b] ]- Holding animations for weapons with foregrips.

Please just hold your goddamn gun properly, with no clipping!!!! Its so easy to do, and I know flashpoint is four years old now, so its time to make some new improvements that have been around for years!!!

Hauk

I would like to see unarmed civilians crouching and covering their heads with their arms, shaking terrified with fear ( biggrin_o.gif ) if they somehow find themselves in the middle of a firefight.

Currently they only go prone and run around with those jumpy weird movement animations biggrin_o.gif .

Please just hold your goddamn gun properly, with no clipping!!!! Its so easy to do, and I know flashpoint is four years old now, so its time to make some new improvements that have been around for years!!!

Hauk

Easy to come here and demand things to be done wink_o.gif .

What about the solution for this issue? Imagine the same animation used for holding a M16 barrel and M203 grenade launcher properly, you either hold the barrel properly and clip thru the M203 or you hold the M203 properly and grab the barrel with the tip of your fingers.

I think we are nitpicking here wink_o.gif .

Look at the videos of OFP:E and you can see that, at least for XBox, the units can now lean around a corner. For the rest, I don't really care about new animations, as I'm sure that a lot of talented addon makers will tweak them as soon as the game hits the shelves.

And, as far as I know, the game should be compatible with almost everything that was done for OFP, as it's just an engine update and not a whole new one. Some, the animations, as for all the other files, should be in the same format than OFP (*.rtm).

I hope that the clunkiness of the movement will be gone in ArmA. The amount of times I just wanted to edge out of cover a bit.... ooops to far bang!........ goodnight.gif .

I hope that there is alot of work on animations involved in CQB. Advancing with your gun at the ready is soooooo critical, espectially approaching buildings. You cant do this in Xbox elite version (You can lean which is great!wink_o.gif. I found that the animations for the player interaction with buildings could be frustrating. Trying to get your guy just right so he could shoot out of a window.More interaction with buildings so you can use the cover, ie leaning up against walls. Rolling grenades into a room without having to stand in the doorway. Simple animations that can easily be incorporated into a game.

I find the 'walk' toggle indispensible in this regard. It also allows you to aim the rifle while you move. I'm constantly hitting the walk button if I'm approaching corners, or what not. I'm not sure if this is possible in the elite version.

What I was thinking when I saw the stances in ArmA, in light of the NexGen animation pack by DMA, was that there might be different animations for different mood states or attack modes.. like now, there's at ease and combat ready... Maybe there will be different animations for aware, danger and stealth?

Just a shot off the hip.