Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]Just playing through it there and noticed, the Russian Officers have the same model as the regular troops, isnt there not an RHS officer?

Not really, russian officers and even soviets doen't wear "exactly" the same uniform than the rest of regular soldiers but they carry a helmet like them,especially during combats,though.

I noticed that the russian officers who usually wear a cap, don't do it while combats (chechenian documentaries).

Quote[/b] ]yes campaing, do they have them? also for the extra maps do i put thoes in the main OFP Dat World folder or FFUR OFP Dat Worlds folder?

Nope, FFUR is a total conversion pack, but for more information about installations just check the first post, readmes and the .txt files. If you don't understand some things, use "systran" to translate it into your first language.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have on question though, when trying to use Laser's Rangers and other SOF units I get the "TacEvent" error. I noticed in the Addons folder it is missing. I tried viewing all the readmes there were and haven't seen what the solution is.

From "important.txt"

Quote[/b] ]

2- Don't add any other Extra stuff.

FFUR has been done especially and mainly to allow you playing BIS missions and campaigns or extra campaigns which don't need any "extra" addons, having such errors is logical if you use other extra stuff already used in FFUR as replacement.

Please avoid duplicate addons.

Best Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]Just playing through it there and noticed, the Russian Officers have the same model as the regular troops, isnt there not an RHS officer?

Not really, russian officers and even soviets doen't wear "exactly" the same uniform than the rest of regular soldiers but they carry a helmet like them,especially during combats,though.

I noticed that the russian officers who usually wear a cap, don't do it while combats (chechenian documentaries).

Makes sense, a beret is no match for a helmet when a bullet is whizzing towards your head, and it makes it easier for the enemy to spot whos in charge.

Found a small bug in the 2005 Pack. The M24 ingame, shows up as "M24 Mag" in the ammo counter in the top left, where as it should show up as "M24 SWS", or simply "M24"

In the mod the AS Val has the 64 round mag of a Bizon, and probably has the dame damage value as well. It should be 20 rounds, and be alot more powerful (similar to an Ak47, but with much shorter range)

EDIT: BTW, could you fix something thats been really bugging me since I started playing this game 3 years ago? Could you fix the spelling of 'Spetsnaz', as its 'Spetz Natz' in the game.

Quote[/b] ]please correct 2005 pack link to:

'>http://hx3.de/files/ofpc/mods/ffur/ffur_2005_final.exe

Quote[/b] ]Found a small bug in the 2005 Pack. The M24 ingame, shows up as "M24 Mag" in the ammo counter in the top left, where as it should show up as "M24 SWS", or simply "M24"

Definately , thanks.

Quote[/b] ]The AS Val has the 64 round mag of a Bizon, and probably has the dame damage value as well. It should be 20 rounds, and be alot more powerful (similar to an Ak47, but with much shorter range)

Yeah, it's wanted cuz there's a huge difference between 64 and 20 ammo, 20 ammo won't be quite enough to allow to spetznatz accomplishing some of the missions, plus the As Val isn't too accurate as weapon, that's why we kept the bizon's values.just for gameplay.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Yeah, it's wanted cuz there's a huge difference between 64 and 20 ammo, 20 ammo won't be quite enough to allow to spetznatz accomplishing some of the missions, plus the As Val isn't too accurate as weapon, that's why we kept the bizon's values.just for gameplay.

Fair nuf, but when you consider that it takes like 5 headshots from the Bizon to kill an enemy, theres not an awful lot of difference..... banghead.gifwhistle.gif

Played through "Steal The Car" and "Clean Sweep" using the 1985 Woodland pack. I think I'm in love! - except - did you really have to add a health bar to my Flashpoint? c'mon, that's heresy! crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Other than that detail, great job guys!

*off to replay Resistance, Retaliation and CWC*

*will do it all again afterwards with the 2005 pack*

I just tried out the new Modern FFUR pack. Man guys at FFUR you did an absolutely awesome job. I've never before had so much fun with OFP. It never lags! I'm gonna download the others as soon as I get my new 300 gig hd in. Thanks FFUR, you guys rock! notworthy.gif

Soldier out. pistols.gif

can sombody please tell me the title of the song from ffur 2005, great job, you ve just been written in ofp history

great job, you ve just been written in ofp history

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Can someone report on whether the UH60 MG version has a untextured muzzle flash or not.

It came up in testing as untextured for me but not for others so I just want to confirm this.

smile_o.gif

can sombody please tell me the title of the song from ffur 2005, great job, you ve just been written in ofp history

Lube - Combat. (russian famous group).

/kombat

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

@thunderbird84

WOW awsome job. A massive two thumbs up from me  thumbs-up.gif .

I've tested four of the packs and they deffinatley breath fresh air into OFP..I am however a little upset because i can't add any addons to the FFUR addon folder. I was looking forward to the winter pack most of all but i can't use my prefered "winter" vehicles

abrams8qy.jpg             bradley0aa.jpg

I know the Abrams is a little too modern for 85 units but it's a small price to pay for a much better model. Also that white HMMV is awful. I know you and the other guys who put this all together must of taken a few weeks deciding what to put in so i can understand.....Also is it normal to get the OWP addon error at the beginning of all the packs?

Quote[/b] ]I was looking forward to the winter pack most of all but i can't use my prefered "winter" vehicles

If you know how to config edit, it can be done.

Theres an editable config in there. I know I changed some sounds, values and models in my version.

Allright guys, couple of minor issues, and one big one (not counting the health bar :P wink_o.gif )

First off, Started playing the Retaliation campaign - noticed Guba's model has not been replaced. May seem like a minor thing, but he just looks completely out of place.

Second, the rucksacks of Russians in the Ural 375 show through the canvas, making for very good targets:

bug13sn.jpg

<s>And while not a bug per say, timed grenades, such as other total conversion mods have done, would be very nice if possible smile_o.gif</s> *edit - not an issue*tounge2.gif

But now, I have to get to the one big ugly cockroach - The AI seems to drive extreemely slow now - Played the first mission of Retaliation (I know unofficial campaign, but I don't see why this would affect it more than the official campaigns) and the ammo truck lags very far behind the rest of the convoy:

bug26xe.jpg

This makes it impossible to complete the first mission of the Retaliation campaign (If I start hauling ass towards the truck, I am accused of deserting my team under fire, and get court martialed)

Anyways, I really like what I see overall, but the AI driving issue especially is killing it for me.

Quote[/b] ]I know the Abrams is a little too modern for 85 units but it's a small price to pay for a much better model. Also that white HMMV is awful. I know you and the other guys who put this all together must of taken a few weeks deciding what to put in so i can understand.....

Well , we'd use these pretty textures showed in the pic of the nice M1A2 above to re-texture Sigma M1A1 that we'll incorporate as patch for the FFUR Winter pack.

(with the permission of the authors,though)

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Also is it normal to get the OWP addon error at the beginning of all the packs?

It's important to have all default BIS addons folders clean and with only BIS stuff. (\Operation Flashpoint\addons l \Operation Flashpoint\Res\Addons) , both of these folders must still be clean without any extra stuff... or at least extra stuff which isn't present in FFUR addons folder.

Please avoid duplicate addons.

Quote[/b] ]Second, the rucksacks of Russians in the Ural 375 show through the canvas, making for very good targets:

There's nothing we can do to fix this mate and we haven't tried the retaliation campaign with the FFUR stuff before releasing the packs as well.

btw I'm really glad that you do like this stuff , thank you a lot smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Erm, any chance of getting the FDF BRDM into your mod? The OT-65 is Czech, and isnt used by the Russians

If you know how to config edit, it can be done.

Actually i don't but i will give it a go because this winter pack is too good not to be used...I was even thinking that maybe BWmod, Turkish Union and OFrP and any mods i've missed should maybe make there own versions of these packs as for me anyhow there superb. Just a thought thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Erm, any chance of getting the FDF BRDM into your mod? The OT-65 is Czech, and isnt used by the Russians

Why not.

Quote[/b] ]Erm, any chance of getting the FDF BRDM into your mod?

Don't FDF sort of not like people using their stuff in other releases than their own? I might be wrong, but you could have a hard time getting permission for the BRDM.

I altered the Ural's animations to get those rucksacks back where they belong! (I don't think Spetznatz Mod would allow me to release it, though).

Just use OfpAnim to move the animations "forward" a tad, until they don't show up anymore! Simple!