Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]

AK-74 folding, is comonly used by Russian VDV(airborne - Voiska Diadi Vasi), Morpechs (Marines), Spetsnaz (we all know what it is...) and etc.

P.S. i really hope it's only some kind of mistake in text

I think VDV stads for "Voienski decantski voiska" which mean "Army Airborne Forces".

*OffTopic*

I don't think this is the place for telling each other what VDV stands for.

*OnTopic*

Don't Russian Soldiers use all different versions of the AK series, Including the AK-47, AK-74, AK-74M, AN-94 (I know its not an AK), AK-101, AKM, AKs-74u's etc.

as far as i know, AK-47s and other derivates (AKS/AKM) should have been replaced by AK-74s long time ago...

Offtopic,

yup, Voeno Vesantnyje Voiska = Voiska Dedia Vasia smile_o.gif just like USA = Uncle SAm or Uncle Sam's Army (don't remember exactly)

Quote[/b] ]as far as i know, AK-47s and other derivates (AKS/AKM) should have been replaced by AK-74s long time ago...

The Russian army is as backward as they come. The AK-74 was created to replace the AK-47, but it never replaced it as the main infantry weapon. Russian forces still use the AK-47.

The Russian army is as backward as they come. The AK-74 was created to replace the AK-47, but it never replaced it as the main infantry weapon. Russian forces still use the AK-47.

yes but it is almost elimanated from regular use, I mean of course they have them in wherhouses and such . .

@Big-rooney there was no need for that "I don't think this is the place for telling each other what VDV stands for"

, it's not like we are talking about the stock situation in Wall-street or smt . .   huh.gif

An-94 Akaban is not and AK, it was supposed to be Russia's main infantry weapon but there is not enough budget so they give it to special units [sOBR, spetsnaz etc.].

anyways, as far as I know the ak-74 is still the main weapon and it is going to be replaced by ak74m, but I think because of budget reasons it is not happening soon, any ways I don't like the fact that the Ru soldiers in ffur use the 74m it looks un-natural for me for some reasons . .  sad_o.gif

The 74M is meant to be standard Russian infantryman's weapon. The AN94, despite it's ridiculous capabilities (2-round burst in a couple of milliseconds, anyone?) is still beyond the reach of all Russian units, bar the elite.

However, it is certainly likely that garrison and rear-echelon units would still be lugging the normal 74, AKMs and even 47 around, especially the first option.

The 74M is the "optimised" version of the 74, designed for production (and naturally, better concealment with its nice, black design).

yes but it is almost elimanated from regular use, I mean of course they have them in wherhouses and such . .

@Big-rooney there was no need for that "I don't think this is the place for telling each other what VDV stands for"

, it's not like we are talking about the stock situation in Wall-street or smt . .   huh.gif

An-94 Akaban is not and AK, it was supposed to be Russia's main infantry weapon but there is not enough budget so they give it to special units [sOBR, spetsnaz etc.].

anyways, as far as I know the ak-74 is still the main weapon and it is going to be replaced by ak74m, but I think because of budget reasons it is not happening soon, any ways I don't like the fact that the Ru soldiers in ffur use the 74m it looks un-natural for me for some reasons . .  sad_o.gif

check the first page wink_o.gif

and cam mc d

the an 94 fires a 2 rd burst at 1800rpm it was also cleared for service in 1994 whistle.gif

Just wondering does the back blast of rocket launchers injure people behind them? It says realistic back blast from rocket launchers just wodnering if injured soldiers from behind are included.

Hehe im sury Benus just made a typo and really meant the AK74M, the ffur release candidate i tested last days had russians using AK74s and 74Ms

But funny that people really think the russians still use Ak-47s...

The mix some might think of is probaly based on the many pics on the net from mid 90s first war in chechnya.

No wonder it looked unorganized, SU became Russia and in the chaos of these days such war didnt really help.

Nowadays you see normal units use the AK74 and AK74M, Airborne and Marines use the AKS-74 and AK-74M ( cause it has the ability to fold its buttstock like the AKS ).

Special Forces use lots of things though as they can often pick what they need for missions even if it may be western made or something.

So there are all kinds of AKs and other weaps like VSS, AS Val ( exept 47s ) and when they really need something with a heavy punch they use a AKM or AKMS...

Anyone seen the pics of the AWP Sniper rifles used by Spetsnaz Operators in Beslan for example?

That is because they really lack a good sniper rifle in that class and dont even talk about SVD wink_o.gif

Geez i just wanted to write something quickly and now you get this mess, hehe.

Oh and even if the AN-94 is a great weapon its too complicated for the normal grunt and as russia atm doesnt buy much new things things you wont see much ( if any at all ) pics of it in combat areas.

Funny thing is i just read russia wants to purchase some Glocks, HKs and some western made precission sniper rifles tounge2.gif

we should start a topic in the offtopic thread about current russian military affairs shall we shadow??

Maybe but that stuff always end in  a flamewar as soon as someoen say "my countrys weapons own yours".

I just wanted to give some people that may be intrested in the russian equipment some infos even if that was quite a bit offtopic.

On the other hand i dont know all that much about the russians, just a bit more than the average ofp player smile_o.gif

I guess people like NSX are the ones to be asked about deeper details of the army.

Maybe but that stuff always end in  a flamewar as soon as someoen say "my countrys weapons own yours".

I just wanted to give some people that may be intrested in the russian equipment some infos even if that was quite a bit offtopic.

On the other hand i dont know all that much about the russians, just a bit more than the average ofp player smile_o.gif

I guess people like NSX are the ones to be asked about deeper details of the army.

I thank you for the info Shadow NX.

Yep, Shadow NX tell you the truth. The fact AK47 used in RF army-is a full fiction made by Hollywood and other russianphobian people. We use AKM wich is still good rifle, having quite heavy bullets. You can see it in use by spetsnaz of all kinds.

Tell the truth, AK74 have a sligthly better accuracy, don't like this weapon at all. However AK74M is easier in use and more useful in combat, because some wooden parts were changed onto plastic ones, it's much more difficult to broke while you in mud, and at last-it has it's plastic buttstock hardened with 2 steel strings and hardened barrel and so on. Sorry, but my limited knowledge of english doesn't allow me to go deeper in technical detailes. But still-it's quite nice weapon modernization. AN94 is not in use, but for me this weapon sux...I like AEK more, cause of it mixed automatic system. However, I won't say it's capabilities are ridiculous. 2 rnd burstmade by AN94 is very quick and have extreme precision.

About SVD-well, it's not too accurate, but it's cheap and easy in its construction and use. Two sides of one medal. wink_o.gif

Btw, Shadow NX, please check your PMs, I've come with a kind of request there. smile_o.gif

Hi, im not sure if i commented or not....but if i had consider this a revision  lol

Did you create the new Death Animations?  if so where did you get them?  and do you plan on adding in differnt variations of death?

Is the FFUR team gonna change the tank's turret flying off? not to mention when this happens the entire crew is dumped dead outside of the tanks body... its kinda awkward.

Are there going to be sound replacements? like the missles sound like firecrackers smacking the dirt  and the forward gun on attack helicopters sound more like it was shot off underneath a bunch of pillows  lol

Quote[/b] ]Did you create the new Death Animations? if so where did you get them? and do you plan on adding in differnt variations of death?

Well from what TB said to me they are made by a person named Dezoom, not sure how you mean by different variants.

However i think TB has included the death animations in a different way then what was originally used.

The way before was using a config which i think was too slow the new way is the way i suggested which is include the animations actually in the anim.pbo, however there is a draw back, with the previous way it would allow a different animation to be chosen at random where you cant get that with the anim.pbo.

Quote[/b] ]Is the FFUR team gonna change the tank's turret flying off?

TB says thats going to be more random but will still happen unless ive missed something.

Well the SVD isnt a true Sniper rifle is it? I always thought it a reach out and touch someone squad level weapon for suppresion?

well in the right hands with 7n14 rounds and possiblly something better than a pso-1 it brcomes a rather effective sniping platform effective out to around 600 - 700 yds

@Warden

SVD is not a sniper rifle? Well, it's american tales, that it's DMS weapon. It's a true sniper rifle, however, it's not as accurate as a bolt-action ones. (hope I wrote it right-my damn limited vocabulary) crazy_o.gif

PSO-1 is a standart scope for SVD, however it's mmm...1300 metres effective range capabilities is fake. SVD as a normal not-bolt-action rifle has effective range of 700 metres. For higher distances It's wiser to use more powerful rifles. And we have a lot of sweety things in our arsenal, considering that.

Okies.

I'd heard it wasn't as accurate as Bolt Action rifles, is it given to Dedicated sniper teams or at a Platoon/Squad level or both?

@Warden

Not sure I understood everything you said (damn vocabluary knowledge again banghead.gif), but I served my self as a sniper in military recon and this rifle was my standart weapon for this.

NSX do you know how accurate the SVD can be with standard amunition?

STGN

@Warden

Not sure I understood everything you said (damn vocabluary knowledge again  banghead.gif), but I served my self as a sniper in military recon and this rifle was my standart weapon for this.

Lol np, your English is much better than my russian biggrin_o.gif

You answered my question anyway thank you.

And we have a lot of sweety things in our arsenal, considering that.

There however is quite a gap when it comes to higher range precission rifles atm.

I guess thats why you see stuff like the AW50 often on pics and as far as i heard they already ordered a few more.

Odd that russia with its many superb weapon manufacturers like Izhmash wasnt able to make some weap that serves this role yet.