Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

My suggestion got muddled in the argument.

I am just wondering, could you please release the next Russian Federation soldier without the camo headcover on the helmet? The camo head cover isnt that widespread. Or maybe give the Russian Federation soldier the new helmet thats being brought out (currently only for some frontline units)

Maybe also add in some Russian Federation units without helmets (field caps instead) or ones with different body armor (or not at all). Right now the units look too cookie cutter as I said before.

I totally agree with this request.

Ovbiously all Russian soldiers will not carry a helmet camoflague, and in all probability, most Russian soldiers do not have helmet camo.

I still think the flora camo should be used, but all the soldiers should have the OD colored helmet without any camo.

Quote[/b] ]I am just wondering, could you please release the next Russian Federation soldier without the camo headcover on the helmet?

The russian soldiers we implemented to the FFUR 2006 don't have any 'camo headcover' unlike the previous FFUR packs that get'em.

Quote[/b] ]I still think the flora camo should be used, but all the soldiers should have the OD colored helmet without any camo.

Are you sure you are talking about the FFUR 2006?

Because the Flora camo is that one we included first, and now russian squads have both of them (VSR and Flora).

Quote[/b] ]Was wondering about replacing the addons with newer equipment. Is there any way you could just add the new ones and keep the old ones (T-72, M60, AH-1)?

The replacements have already been done and there is no need to increase the number of configs, otherwise people will get totally confused, but feel free to do it yourself for your own use. (An 'Editable config' would be available anyways) and you can find several tutorials on the forum that will help you with learning the basic of 'Replacing Models and sounds'. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]rotate around on an axis to the appropriate angle (without moving their feet)

Excluding the AI enhancements and Animations replacements, there is nothing that can be done to enhance this aspect of the gameplay, I'm afraid even ArmA would not figure out this problem, though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Thunderbird84:

Great progress on all updates. I was curious to know if you were ever going to implement artillery units into FFUR like the MLRS, Paladin and Howitzer. I know there are addons for these units in OFP1 out there.

Hmmm. Finally people with low specs can play with FFUR mod! Good luck with that to the FFUR team.

Yes because bringing reasonable arguments with sources and facts is trolling  icon_rolleyes.gif

You're the one going around throwing around insulting claims like the Russian Army is getting weaker by the year, and that it's poor.

Anyways since I know I soundly put Martinovic in his place, I'm done here.

I just tried to bow out of an offtopic argument with a concrete wall.

Reasonable arguments... oo where?

My suggestion got muddled in the argument.

I am just wondering, could you please release the next Russian Federation soldier without the camo headcover on the helmet? The camo head cover isnt that widespread. Or maybe give the Russian Federation soldier the new helmet thats being brought out (currently only for some frontline units)

Maybe also add in some Russian Federation units without helmets (field caps instead) or ones with different body armor (or not at all). Right now the units look too cookie cutter as I said before.

I totally agree with this request.

Ovbiously all Russian soldiers will not carry a helmet camoflague, and in all probability, most Russian soldiers do not have helmet camo.

I still think the flora camo should be used, but all the soldiers should have the OD colored helmet without any camo.

Our units are Motorized Infantry, if you feel a urge to check a few pic showing them then you will see a lot that use the helmet covers may it be made from a piece of cammo or just a piece of cammo netting.

However there are also offcourse units that just carry plain green ssh-68s aka coneheads.

We picked the middle way and added both to achive the typical russian mixed gear look.

Also for variety there are already wool caps and bandanas, the fieldcap for the officer is used so you can clearly spot where your officer is in battle ( like the BIS officers have their black naval forces beret ).

About the General Helmet discussion, offcourse the normal grunts use basicla the Ssh-68 "Conehead" or the older Ssh-60.

Better equipped units slowly also get the Kevlar ones similar to the US models like the PASGT.

Special forces get the titanium ones like the "Maska" or "Sfera".

However the guys of the GRU prefer to not wear any ( or very very rarely ) helmets, simply doesnt fit to the way they carry out their missions.

will there be added more songs in FFUR then the standard ones?

i do have a few wishes wink_o.gif

I have been playing FFUR 2006 for quite a while now. Great job.

-Are there any bugs I need to know of? E.g the ones I was asking about earlier.

-Also, when will the classic, light and multi FFUR 2006 packs come out?

-Can I delete certain files in the FFUR directory so I can use default files? e.g Can I delete the models file so I just use the default models, or I copy the default files and copy over it?

Quote[/b] ]will there be added more songs in FFUR then the standard ones?

Feel free to post any 'Instrumental' song you want, unless it is already included ;-)

Quote[/b] ]Are there any bugs I need to know of?

Please get a look at the previous pages, there are several informations about the bugs, fixes, enhancements and improvements. (All of them have been reported more than once, and almost all of them have been fixed, though.)

Quote[/b] ]Also, when will the classic, light and multi FFUR 2006 packs come out?

They will be included with the next update.

Quote[/b] ]Can I delete certain files in teh FFUR directory so I can use default files? e.g Can I delete the models file so I just use the default files, or I copy the default files and copy over it?

Negative, it's much more complex than that and avoid deleting FFUR2006\Addons files otherwise your game would freeze and crash.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Yo thunderbird i got some songs that u can add to the patch for ffur 2006. send me an email if you are interested in the songs

its kosta87@sbcglobal.net

The songs are from Medal of honor and i hope u will put them in your patch.

BTW AWESOME MOD CANT WAIT UNTIL RELEASE notworthy.gif

Songs, I have afew I'd recommend.

Check out -

Hans Zimmer - Peacemaker theme

Pearl Harbour Soundtrack - WAR

smile_o.gif

Also for variety there are already wool caps and bandanas, the fieldcap for the officer is used so you can clearly spot where your officer is in battle ( like the BIS officers have their black naval forces beret ).

It also makes your officer easy to spot by the enemy... rofl.gif

@Neptune33: These older units would have US Markings on them if they were in FFUR, so you couldnt really use them for other countries

i would like to have Kenny logins - Dangerzone (as you might have heard in Top Gun) :P

included in FFUR....

i would like to have Kenny logins - Dangerzone (as you might have heard in Top Gun) :P

included in FFUR....

Oscar..Mike..Golf

I just threw up a little in my mouth wink_o.gif

Ok, my other point. I have read threw, probably missed the section or post on this? Why when the main page is up is there a black fade out after a few seconds? Seems like right when I am going threw missions I have, just as I choose one it blacks out

and don't forget the main theme of Airforce one by gerry goldsmith !

Here is Bill Browns music. It is cheesy compared to the graceness and epic feel of Hans Zimmer's work, but there are some good pieces. He's contains all of his work for free, straight off FTP.

http://www.billbrownmusic.com/

I personally like the Shadow Watch Main Theme and some Rainbow Six tracks. Make sure you scroll all the way down the page after the main page for the menu.

Also, I got the Batman Begins: OST (Hans Zimmer) and it has this awesome track, it is called Molossus. PM me for details.

Was waiting for that sentence smile_o.gif

Afterall this is a GAME, for variety we choose to have it that way.

I also can spot one of our marksmen by the black wool cap he wears... but the AI doesnt care what you got on the head.

If you look at pics of russian units you will see them wear the oddest things, weirdest ive ever seen was a German WW2 M40 Helmet with cammo cover tounge2.gif

If someone makes a MP mission he can use the officer with helmet offcourse.

I got....

-"Charging Fort Wagner" from Glory

-"End Credits" from Gladiator

-I would think this track would perfectly fit when you die

-Various other crap.. whistle.gif

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....D15FDA1

^

Just "Charging Fort Wagner" and "End Credits" (edit and full version).

I did not edit "End Credits" but somebody else did.

Just PM me if you want to know what else is in my collection.

Also, I got the Batman Begins: OST (Hans Zimmer) and it has this awesome track, it is called Molossus. PM me for details.

What about the Myotis track?

Was waiting for that sentence smile_o.gif

Afterall this is a GAME, for variety we choose to have it that way.

I also can spot one of our marksmen by the black wool cap he wears... but the AI doesnt care what you got on the head.

If you look at pics of russian units you will see them wear the oddest things, weirdest ive ever seen was a German WW2 M40 Helmet with cammo cover tounge2.gif

If someone makes a MP mission he can use the officer with helmet offcourse.

Admitedly I was being a bit over obsessive about realism, to be honest, I prefer Field Cap or Beret for officers tounge2.gif

How about sticking to the original OFP music score?

Hi all,

I'v got a question : How I can use the FFUR2006-s death animations in other mods?

my idea was to keep the original songs and add a number of additional ones....

however, i now realize it was a stupid idea as a mission made with FFUR and one of those songs would basically require FFUR to be played.....

better then to just add the song you want to the mission itself...

Because the original is some Australian nu-metal crap.

Guest Ti0n3r
I'v got a question : How I can use the FFUR2006-s death animations in other mods?

Copy Dta\Anim.pbo into a modfolder.

OFP original music is cool.. becuase its.. original smile_o.gif