Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I mean, it is sometimes impossible to complete the mission because the choppers crash, and the city is full of russians and BMPs which the choppers should have eliminated. It turns the first mission(which is supposed to be easy) into a suicide attack.

I hope I will get answers soon from the FFUR team.

CanadianTerror and Kin-Hill please stop fighting ! {CandTerror- you could be a little less aggresive}

To the topic:

TB, I have a good idea for you and I think everybody can agree that it is good:

A few pages back you {TB84} posted that other classes of the SpetsNaz {like the "Hand-Gun","Silenced[bIS bizon replaced by your VSS vintorez}will be reaplced by some other models {Of course their probably be other RHS models from the GRU pack {like with a mask or a hood}. Great Idea !  smile_o.gif

If you noticed, the WEST units {Americans} have quait a number of classes for the Black-Ops{Such as the "Laser,Handgun,Silenced"}- You could replaced them with other "Models" from Bambi's black ops.

For example, I noticed that the "regular"{defualt} black op is being replaced by this model from Bambis Black-Op Pack:

ffurblackops4up.jpg

Pic is 96 kb

As you can see they all look the same. TB, for example you can replace the "Hand-Gun" black op with this {also from Bambi's black-op pack}:

lalalalala2vo.jpg

I gave this fellow {in bambis pack "blacklava"} cuz I like the SkiiMask thingy smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

btw, hows the FFUR 1985 progress ?

Perhaps one of the extra blackops (like Blackops [silenced]) could be equiped with an M24 or SR25 to become SF Sniper. The guy whos getting the MP5SD instead of Uzi could become SF CQB or whatever.

Wrong. T-80s are not rare at all! You have no knowledge of the Russian army at all. For one thing, the "elites in Chechnya" are MVD, and they dont have access to T-80s.

Alright, history lesson. During the cold war Russia designed two "trees" of tank designs. The T-64 (which later evolved into the T-80) and the T-72. The T-64/T-80 was designed to be the front-line tanks. I.E. units stationed in Germany would be equipped with T-80s. T-72 was designed as second-line tanks, to fill in production ques. They were to be large numbers of simple T-72s to fill in production gaps, and for second line reserve. And finally, the obsolete T-55s and T-62s are usually held way back in Reserve. This is still the case today. The T-80 was designed to be able to combat modern Western tanks, while the T-72 was just a production line filler just for more numbers in reserve.

No, the russian federation is poor. Most of the tanks you mentioned aren't in combat readiness status as far as i know, proove me wrong.

Lets not discuss Russian doctrine, we don't know what the Russian Federation would do in a war, the russian army is getting weaker every year.

Post a link next time you flaunt numbers, btw.

No, the russian federation is poor. Most of the tanks you mentioned aren't in combat readiness status as far as i know, proove me wrong.

the russian army is getting weaker every year.

Oh really ? and how do you know all that mr.wiseguy ?

This isn't the place for "My military knowledge is greater than yours!" competitions, if you want to have a pissing contest, do it via PM and let this topic get back on track.

Can somebody answer my questions please?

I have a new one too. THe Dxdll file you an download...does it improve FPS if I played with FFUR? There was a mod like this for another game and it did improve the FPS a lot. Just wanted to find out.

If anything, DXDLL decreases frame rate. BTW, there is a thread dedicated to DXDLL mod, just check out Search (or DXDLL thread)

Hmmm. I know, but you can disable all the features of it and you just use the latest directx so it will take advantage of it.

Wrong. T-80s are not rare at all! You have no knowledge of the Russian army at all. For one thing, the "elites in Chechnya" are MVD, and they dont have access to T-80s.

Alright, history lesson. During the cold war Russia designed two "trees" of tank designs. The T-64 (which later evolved into the T-80) and the T-72. The T-64/T-80 was designed to be the front-line tanks. I.E. units stationed in Germany would be equipped with T-80s. T-72 was designed as second-line tanks, to fill in production ques. They were to be large numbers of simple T-72s to fill in production gaps, and for second line reserve. And finally, the obsolete T-55s and T-62s are usually held way back in Reserve. This is still the case today. The T-80 was designed to be able to combat modern Western tanks, while the T-72 was just a production line filler just for more numbers in reserve.

Lets not discuss Russian doctrine, we don't know what the Russian Federation would do in a war, the russian army is getting weaker every year.

Post a link next time you flaunt numbers, btw.

1.) You incorrectly stated that the T 98 Jeep was being introduced

2.) You incorrectly stated that T-80s are in Chechnya.

So far, you have no made any claims that show you are knowledgeable about the Russian Federation Army.

Prove to me that those units are not in combat ready status. You have no credibility to back up your claims, so back them up with sources. Also the Russian Federation Army budget is at $80 Billion, Third in the world next to China and USA. That's hardly poor. Russian Army is also purchasing 200 T-90s next year, that's hardly poor. Russian Army is continually upgrading its current tanks to modern standard, that's hardly poor.

So far you have only proven to everyone else your lack of knowledge about the Russian Federation Forces, thus you have to back up your claims with sources since your credibility is next to nil now as I have debunked your claims. My sources are from Warfare.ru, which right now has its server down. I can provide you however with a full Order of Battle of the current Russian Federation Forces. If you really want I can provide you with a much worse source that still backs up my claims.

According to the poor source of Globalsecurity (GS is a good source on western armies, but it lacks information on eastern forces) the Russian Army currently has:

4,500 T-80U/UD/UM

Now this was reported by a bad OOB. But it STILL is correct. Im sorry but your knowledge is poor, and you have lost all credibility.

Also the Russian Federation Forces is getting stronger every year. They are continually recruiting more professionnal soldiers, gradually creating a larger professionnal NCO force, upgrading tanks to much more modern standard, upgrading helicopters, and building more new T-90 tanks.

On another note, what relevance does this argument have to FFUR? Thunderbird et al have made their decisions about what is replacing what and what additions they're making, littering their thread with nonsense is hardly going to change matters. I'm not a mod, so whether I tell you to resolve this via PM or not isn't going to hold much weight, but I figured common sense may have prevailed by now and this matter dropped.

Ukraineboy, I told the the T-98 was intreduced not the other dude. So i guess I was wrong when i read that T-98 is entering the service this year.

Back to the topic, Ill post my suggestion again:

Quote[/b] ]

TB, I have a good idea for you and I think everybody can agree that it is good:

A few pages back you {TB84} posted that other classes of the SpetsNaz {like the "Hand-Gun","Silenced[bIS bizon replaced by your VSS vintorez}will be reaplced by some other models {Of course their probably be other RHS models from the GRU pack {like with a mask or a hood}. Great Idea !  smile_o.gif

If you noticed, the WEST units {Americans} have quait a number of classes for the Black-Ops{Such as the "Laser,Handgun,Silenced"}- You could replaced them with other "Models" from Bambi's black ops.

For example, I noticed that the "regular"{defualt} black op is being replaced by this model from Bambis Black-Op Pack:

ffurblackops4up.jpg

Pic is 96 kb

As you can see they all look the same. TB, for example you can replace the "Hand-Gun" black op with this {also from Bambi's black-op pack}:

lalalalala2vo.jpg

I gave this fellow {in bambis pack "blacklava"} cuz I like the SkiiMask thingy smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

btw, this is just what i think : The m4-acog SD sound is horrible ! {the one that blackops uses} !!! in my opinion {im not demanding anything} it would be better to replace the sound with the m4-SD sound from SJB's weapon pack.

Considering that the Jeeps they are talking about havent been made for OFP, I think not whistle.gif

Hope the moderator's look at the way this topic is going crazy_o.gif @mp-phonix why do you feel the need to post two of the exact same post's? Please can a mod step in here

Its going a bit too off-topic now.

Anyhow, I can play FFUR at a reasonable framerate, although I get 20 FPS on the battlefields map. When I play without FFUR, I get 40-60 FPS. I love FFUR, but I want to play with good framerates. What tweaking should I do to improve the FFUR experience? Can I use the default models and keep everything else from FFUR?

Right Firedude, looking at your System specs, Id stay away from DXDLL altogether. Each subsequent version of FFUR seems to use less and less system resources, so we'll see then. But in meanwhile - turn down resolution, view distance, terrain detail, textures and other stuff to keep framerate up. Also, do not put addons into your FFUR folder, put them into another folder, lets say @mods. Create a folder called 'addons' within that and put all non FFUR addons in there. Then make two shortcuts - one that just starts FFUR, and the other that has FFUR and others addons. This greatly increased loading times, not sure how it impacts on FPS

Hi,

Due to several suggestions, we decided to incorporate several configs to the incoming update with the hope to satisfy everyone,

The configs have been managed in order to make their installation 'easy' to everyone, there would be a very detailed explanation about 'How to switch between all of them' without loosing your previous data,

configs7lo.jpg

[*]Classical Config

-This config is the default one, it includes all scripts that enable all of FFUR features, you can play it flawlessly with a 2GHz 512 MB SDRAM.

[*]Light Config

-This config has been especially done for people that cannot run smoothly the default config, but unlike the previous config, it enables a few effects only. It is intended to people with 1GHz 256 MB DDRAM, though.

[*]Multi Config

-The Multiplayer Config should allow you playing online as if you would be playing 'Default Operation Flashpoint', this configs does replace a few effects, some models and some sounds as well.

Quote[/b] ] You could replaced them with other "Models" from Bambi's black ops.

Wait'n see.

Quote[/b] ]I am currently downloading FFUR 2006. I was wondering if it is more realistic than the 1985 woodlands pack.

The FFUR 2006 project required much more time than any other FFUR pack carried out thus far, it is so far the most FFUR featured pack because of the enhancements and changes that have been done on the Realism and gameplay aspects, '85 packs are totally outdated, btw.

Quote[/b] ]The m4-acog SD sound is horrible

Can't claim it 'authentic' but sounds very similar to 'Movies'n documentaries' M4 SD sound.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Sorry for the offtopic, it's just that ukraineboy... icon_rolleyes.gif you know, he trolled me.

I thought I posted this previously but I couldn't find it anywhere so I'll try again. One thing I don't like about OFP is if you are watching troop movements from a distance, all members of a unit move in perfect unison and when changing direction they stop, rotate around on an axis to the appropriate angle (without moving their feet), then start moving again in unison. Is there any way to make this more realistic or is it impossible to change? Its one thing that still detracts from the realism for me.

Sorry for the offtopic, it's just that ukraineboy... icon_rolleyes.gif you know, he trolled me.

Yes because bringing reasonable arguments with sources and facts is trolling icon_rolleyes.gif

You're the one going around throwing around insulting claims like the Russian Army is getting weaker by the year, and that it's poor.

Anyways since I know I soundly put Martinovic in his place, I'm done here.

Was wondering about replacing the addons with newer equipment. Is there any way you could just add the new ones and keep the old ones (T-72, M60, AH-1)? I mention it because alot of other countries use these older versions and hence it would give mission makers alot more options rather than just USA vs Russia, which is an outdated scenario anyway. 2 armies fighting with only top of the line equipment is even less likely. Yes they would still have US and Russian markings, but unless you get up close who cares?

BTW - this mod is amazing and by far the most realistic I've seen. I'm not a scripter or anything but I can tell you put alot of thought and work into the realism of it. -Thankful

"I thought I posted this previously but I couldn't find it anywhere so I'll try again. One thing I don't like about OFP is if you are watching troop movements from a distance, all members of a unit move in perfect unison and when changing direction they stop, rotate around on an axis to the appropriate angle (without moving their feet), then start moving again in unison. Is there any way to make this more realistic or is it impossible to change? Its one thing that still detracts from the realism for me."

I believe FFUR has better AI and animations that fix this problem. I agree though, the default BIS AI and animations are horrible. Especially the perfect unison formations, the running around randomly, and the turning without actually moving limbs to do it.

My suggestion got muddled in the argument.

I am just wondering, could you please release the next Russian Federation soldier without the camo headcover on the helmet? The camo head cover isnt that widespread. Or maybe give the Russian Federation soldier the new helmet thats being brought out (currently only for some frontline units)

Maybe also add in some Russian Federation units without helmets (field caps instead) or ones with different body armor (or not at all). Right now the units look too cookie cutter as I said before.

I'd maintain the inbuilt RHS script of giving the units random head covers - I thought this script was really quite good, and surely it doesn't take up that much processing power?

Ukraineboy - do you mean the Titan helmet? Like the ones SOBR is currently using, and is in many Game2 screenshots?

Ukraineboy - do you mean the Titan helmet? Like the ones SOBR is currently using, and is in many Game2 screenshots?

No, that helmet is used by Special Forces mostly. Its too heavy for regular forces so its no good for it.

There is one but I am having trouble finding the pictures. It looks a lot like the PASGT but with sort of "boxes" around the ear locations.