Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]FFUR team should "darken" it a little

Ground reflection effects have been disabled (Due to its incompatibility with Dxdll).

Quote[/b] ] think that the AAO combat backpack that we could find into the INQ HTTV, M60A1 or M1A2 will look better if u use the texture that comes with it

We included Offtime's Backpack which looks quite decent, but InQ backpack's good as well, will get a closer look at it, cheers for the information, anyways. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]dont the US Army have the M16A4 now? Earlier, I was of the opinion that they still have the A2,

M4A1 (and variants) and Authentified by several military sources.

Quote[/b] ]I also think its an A2 model. Basic soldiers use all varients of the M4.

The Medics will carry the M16A2 as firearm.

Quote[/b] ]About the at4 could you make two different soldiers, one with the standard BIS 3 rockets and a new one with a unrealodable at4?

Probably, but would carry out intensive tests in game to make sure it would work as it should.

Btw, will come'up very soon with several screenshots and very detailed informations of the whole update.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Btw, will come'up very soon with several screenshots and very detailed informations of the whole update.

tnxd for the update Tb.

Btw, I dont know if this has been reported:

If an enemy soldier lies down, and i shoot him in the head, it takes about 1-2 sec until he dies {no "Special animations} - I shoot him in the head, he stays still, the dies with a big "blood stin" on his face after 1-2 seconds. and untill he dies - He still shoots !!!@   crazy_o.gif

Btw, death-animations - Awsome ! espcially when you snipe them  smile_o.gif

edit

A few pages back somebody mentioned that maybe the xme2 {that "marksman" ofp rifle that is being replaced by M4-DMS} should be replaced bt M4 SPR - I don't like it because the M4 SPR is just ugly !!!!! {no disrespect Jackal[sJB]} maybe it should be replaced with m-16 SPR or M16 A2E3 DMS { from SJB's DMS pack}. I like more long barrel SWS's/DMS's then short ones.

smile_o.gif

I remember this was discussed in great detail a few hundred pages ago (:P) but dont the US Army have the M16A4 now? Earlier, I was of the opinion that they still have the A2, but now Ive read alot of stuff suggesting the front line troops that use M16s have the A4 model (M4 is still the main weapon). Personally, I would like to see the rifleman and grenadiers with M16s and the rest with M4s, but I dont know how realistic that is

Man it's just incredible at how many people "know" what's going on, but for people who know, just "don't know".

So we'll explain this again and again, because we who are actually in the US Army don't know what we're talking about, you all do because you read it on the internet so therefore we don't know jack, and you know The Truth.

M16A4s are in use by mainly infantry units, you see a smattering in other units but mainly frontline units. The NG unit I was deployed with had M16A4s. Units in 3rd ID, 1st ID, 1st Cav, 2ID, 10th Mtn. probably have a goodly amount of M16A4s, as well as Infantry Basic Training Privates (remember the "olemissrebel" pic, that was an A4...) at Benning, as well as certain NG units. M16A2s are used mainly by units that support other units, or people like Medics, etc. Note it is possible to have an M4 as a medic, it's all about the unit. I bet somebody in the 82nd who heals people has, an M4.

The M4 has Safe, Semi, Burst. Line units mainly use it. I still don't understand what the fixation with normal units using this weapon is, it's honestly just retarded logic as I've never had an M4A1 nor particularly wanted one, nor anybody I knew in any line units actually using one. Note NG units also have the M4, the second NG unit in Iraq I patrolled with all had M4s.

The M4A1 has Safe, Semi, and FullAuto. SPECIAL FORCES, again SPECIAL FORCES use the M4A1 and have started to replace them because really, they've been used alot.

If there's a more retarded issue, it's people not in a certain military telling people what's in that certain military. And what's retarded is that people who are in the military who do correct those who are not in that particular mlitary are told they don't know what you're talking about because they didn't read it on the internet. Oh me, oh my. Go join up and you tell me different from what has been told.

@ ThunderBird84

TB84 A couple of weeks ago you said the T-90 was only issued in some parts of the Russian army, that the T-80 was the main battle tank. what made you change your mind about the T-90.

BTW about the Hind question. If people are upset about the HIND why not replace it with a MI-35 Hind.

@ ThunderBird84

TB84 A couple of weeks ago you said the T-90 was only issued in some parts of the Russian army, that the T-80 was the main battle tank. what made you change your mind about the T-90.

BTW about the Hind question. If people are upset about the HIND why not replace it with a MI-35 Hind.

Mi-35 is the export version of the lastest Russian Military Mi-24s, Russians are upgrading their hinds to the latest Mi-24 (I have no idea what its called)

As for the tanks: The Russians Army, unlike Western Armies, uses large numbers of various types of tanks. It has some T-90s, a lot of T-80s, a shitload of T-72s, some T-64s, and probably has T-62s and upgraded T-55s in reserve. To say that there is a 'main type' is innaccurate, as certain divisions will have more or less numbers of any given tank

T-80s are rare, they are stationed with elites in Chechnya. Contingency troops stationed elsewhere have T-72s.

(Also, if you want to portrait the modern russian army you might want to give them BMP-Ts. It's a T-72s hull mounted with modern ATGMs and all sorts of guns, google it and see for yourself. It's a new type of fighting vehicle that coordinates tank platoons and functions as a tank/infantry destroyer. It's a nice new vehicle that consumes less fuel and is more versatile then a tank.)

All we have in OFP is BTR-T and theres nothing it can suitably replace in OFP sad_o.gif

T-80s are rare, they are stationed with elites in Chechnya. Contingency troops stationed elsewhere have T-72s.

(Also, if you want to portrait the modern russian army you might want to give them BMP-Ts. It's a T-72s hull mounted with modern ATGMs and all sorts of guns, google it and see for yourself. It's a new type of fighting vehicle that coordinates tank platoons and functions as a tank/infantry destroyer. It's a nice new vehicle that consumes less fuel and is more versatile then a tank.)

Wrong. T-80s are not rare at all! You have no knowledge of the Russian army at all. For one thing, the "elites in Chechnya" are MVD, and they dont have access to T-80s.

Alright, history lesson. During the cold war Russia designed two "trees" of tank designs. The T-64 (which later evolved into the T-80) and the T-72. The T-64/T-80 was designed to be the front-line tanks. I.E. units stationed in Germany would be equipped with T-80s. T-72 was designed as second-line tanks, to fill in production ques. They were to be large numbers of simple T-72s to fill in production gaps, and for second line reserve. And finally, the obsolete T-55s and T-62s are usually held way back in Reserve. This is still the case today. The T-80 was designed to be able to combat modern Western tanks, while the T-72 was just a production line filler just for more numbers in reserve.

Currently Russia has around 4,000 T-80Us and T-80Bs, 7,000 T-72s of different varients, 7,000 T-62M's and finally 2,000 T-55AM2s (most of the T-55s are being taken out of service and are in a storage unit somewhere in Siberia rusting up)

To say the T-80 is rare is wrong, and to say the T-80 is given to "elites" in Chechnya is wrong too. Right now Chechnya is a very low intensive war, its not even as big as Iraq war. The FSB has taken over command in Chechnya, and only MVD units aswell as FSB are stationed there. They dont use tanks that much.

And third, your comment on the T-98 Jeep is also incorrect. That may be an option for the RFF in the future, but currently they are bringing in the Vodnik. Currently the most realistic replacement for the old UAZ is the Vodnik.

And finally, the BMP-T is not in large enough numbers to purposefully show the modern Russian Army.

Also, I have a small nitpick/suggestion. Remove the camo helmetcover for the Russian Infantry. Most Infantry units dont have camo headcovers. Right now the Russian infantry look much to cookie cutter in my opinion.

I wouldn't say that the T-80's are rare. By the end of the cold war there were something like 4 or 5 of T-80's for each NATO MBT. Now, the BMP-T or BTR-T are definately rare, and so is T-90. I believe the T-90 are stationed on the Russo-Chinese border, and only few are stationed in Europe.

I wouldn't say that the T-80's are rare. By the end of the cold war there were something like 4 or 5 of T-80's for each NATO MBT. Now, the BMP-T or BTR-T are definately rare, and so is T-90. I believe the T-90 are stationed on the Russo-Chinese border, and only few are stationed in Europe.

Correct, currently there are 350 T-90s in service in the Russian Army. I believe Putin has ordered something like 200 in the year 2007. And they are stationed in the Far East.

I wish you folks would post links to reliable military sources when you debate things like the number and placement of T-80's in the Russian military. You all sound equally convincing crazy_o.gif

Personally I would like to have the most up to date units, weapons, and vehicles for both the west and east. If the UAZ is being phased out by the Vodnik this year, at least one of the default OFP UAZ's should be replaced with a Vodnik addon. I'm playing FFUR 2006, not FFUR 2005 or FFUR 2004.

I wish you folks would post links to reliable military sources when you debate things like the number and placement of T-80's in the Russian military. You all sound equally convincing crazy_o.gif

Sadly my source has its website down at the moment, and it really is the best source compared to crap like globalsecurity, fas and globaldefence (for eastern armies that is, its good for NATO armies)

Quote[/b] ]Personally I would like to have the most up to date units, weapons, and vehicles for both the west and east. If the UAZ is being phased out by the Vodnik this year, at least one of the default OFP UAZ's should be replaced with a Vodnik addon. I'm playing FFUR 2006, not FFUR 2005 or FFUR 2004.

Get a life.

Who the hell are you to sit there demanding anything?

What do you contribute?

Quote[/b] ]Personally I would like to have the most up to date units, weapons, and vehicles for both the west and east. If the UAZ is being phased out by the Vodnik this year, at least one of the default OFP UAZ's should be replaced with a Vodnik addon. I'm playing FFUR 2006, not FFUR 2005 or FFUR 2004.

Get a life.

What do you contribute?

The way he worded it was a bit forward, but I don't think he implied or meant to mean it in a demanding way.

"Get a life.

What do you contribute?"

What is your problem? I wasn't demanding anything. I was just throwing my own wishes in as a consumer of FFUR.

get a life for yourself... 2,543 posts on a game forum. icon_rolleyes.gif

"It would also help if such an addon was released."

I know no such addon is released, once again I was only saying what I would like.

Piss off with the attitudes.

I have posts...no kidding.

Ive been posting here for a few years.  icon_rolleyes.gif

As for what you think should be included...theres a better way to discuss that than

Quote[/b] ]I'm playing FFUR 2006, not FFUR 2005 or FFUR 2004.

I think thats just acting like a spoiled kid.

Quote[/b] ]specifically : an individual who purchases goods for personal use
if you want to quote dictionary.com

"I have posts...no kidding.

Ive been posting here for a few years. icon_rolleyes.gif"

I was not refering to the number of posts you've made, but the frequency you've made them.

"A consumer?

You paid?"

consumer

n : a person who uses goods or services

dictionary.com

"As for what you think should be included...theres a better way to discuss that than

I'm playing FFUR 2006, not FFUR 2005 or FFUR 2004.

I think thats just acting like a spoiled kid."

No, thats explainign my rationale for desiring units weapons and vehicles from 2006. If it were called FFUR 1985, I would want units weapons and vehicles from 1985.

"specifically : an individual who purchases goods for personal use

if you want to quote dictionary.com "

Notice the word specifically... and then go on to read the rest of the entry.

Now go get a life.

Let us all be representatives and quit degrading the forums. PM one another if you two wish to continue. We don't want to hear it and you two don't have to prove who will be the victor in front of an audience.

Edit: CanadianTerror: I noticed, great choice. At least it didn't last an entire page.

Hey, TB84...

I have two requests for you, mate...

First, is it possible to remove that clicking sound off the satchel charges? It´s a tell-tale.

And second, and here we go again, could you add more 40mm grenades in ammo crates and ammo trucks for the under barreled grenade launchers?

Mere suggestions, mate... But these could enhance the realism of the game.

Thanks for your efforts, FFUR RULES!!!!

I am currently downloading FFUR 2006. I was wondering if it is more realistic than the 1985 woodlands pack.

-In 1985, there was crazy slowdowns during explosions if you were near it. Drops about 20-30 frames.

-Some ofthe physics were wierd(APC flipping over when hit by RPG, or flying about 40 meters in the air. Happens sometimes).

-Do death animations in vehicles work now? Once a BMP was carrying troops, and I killed every baddie riding the BMP. THey looked alive, but just had blood all over. As I said before, an APC flipping over had its diver and gunner still inside it, and they looked perfecty alive as the APC fell and blew up.

-In 1985, some damage was too realistic. In the first mission of OpFlash, the air support choppers were blown from the sky in their first gun run from AK-47 fire. THe surviving BMPs completely destroyed my squad.

Also, here are my specs:

1.5 Ghz Pentium M

512 RAM

32mb ATI Radeon 7500(with latest omega catalyst driver)

DirectX9.0c

I played FFUR 1985 with good framerates, averaging around 50 FPS. The only problem was that the FPS dropped drastically when explosionsn occured and a load of troops appeared all over. I'll be getting a new 128mb ATI card in the summer holidays, but that is in a long time. Can someone confirm if FFUR 2006 will run on my specs? Also are the problems I mentioned solved?

-In 1985, there was crazy slowdowns during explosions if you were near it. Drops about 20-30 frames.

Also, here are my specs:

1.5 Ghz Pentium M

512 RAM

32mb ATI Radeon 7500(with latest omega catalyst driver)

DirectX9.0c

Jeez man!you're complaining frame rate drop's to 20-30 frames. I think you are very lucky to even get them frame's with a 1.5 gigg processor icon_rolleyes.gif Back on topic i'm looking forward to the patch and i will be very happy if my frame rate's dropped to 20 or 30 icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, I am suprised how well my system copes with new games, such as Call of Duty 2(I get around 50-60 frames, unless smoke appears). Obviously it seems particle effects such as explosions completely eat up my pc.

-Some ofthe physics were wierd(APC flipping over when hit by RPG, or flying about 40 meters in the air. Happens sometimes).

-In 1985, some damage was too realistic. In the first mission of OpFlash, the air support choppers were blown from the sky in their first gun run from AK-47 fire. THe surviving BMPs completely destroyed my squad.

The Vikhr missiles of the KA-52 seem to do the same thing.

@ the second one: 'Too realistic'? People these days....