Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Nah, I cant find the articles, but the Ka-50 won out initially, then in combat experience in Chechnya it proved to be a bit of a let down (The one pilot thing was what killed it) Anyway, in the end, they ordered Mi-28 over improved Ka-52 for main attack chopper

cool...

* ka52 is better in my opinion because its got ejector seats and the mi28 doesnt and i read something that said that the ka50 was remarkablly sucessful in chechnya using the s8's and 2a42 to greaty effect im confuzzled icon_rolleyes.gif

cool...

* ka52 is better in my opinion because its got ejector seats and the mi28 doesnt and i read something that said that the ka50 was remarkablly sucessful in chechnya using the s8's and 2a42 to greaty effect im confuzzled icon_rolleyes.gif

It probably was sucessful in combat, just that the pilots werent fond of the single pilot concept, it was too much work. Quite possible it was being flown by experinced pilots, but they figured the regular pilots wouldnt be able to use it to fullest extent. Anyway, if you look around google, and military forums you will find mention of the fact that they ended up using Mi-28 over Ka-50

I just downloaded FFUR 2006 and fell in love instantly inlove.gif lol

With the new textures and vegetation, the new sounds, FX, everything, it felt like i was playing a new game! Excellent work guys! If I ever meet you there's a drink on me smile_o.gif

sim

Not really, special troops usually wear same camo as regular. SAS wears DPM, KSK wears Flecktarn etc. If you went along those lines, you'd have to issue your spec ops with special camoflague that no-one else uses to avoid suspicion

I'm sure they normally wear what regular troops wear, and in some cases that may even be appropriate during a covert mission.

But when performing a covert operation that--if bungled--could start a war, it may be a good idea to look like someone else. The idea isn't to look totally different from all established miltary forces. Rather, the idea is to look very similar to some convenient scapegoat.

A dead guy in Columbia wearing a generic camoflage pattern worn by troops and guerilla fighters in a dozen countries would look a lot less damning to the US than a dead guy in Columbia wearing ACU.

Of course, I guess this is all moot in the case of FFUR, since in Operation Flashpoint the US is already drawn into a shooting war. The US wouldn't really have anything to lose if the enemy identifies a covert operative as a US soldier. But if the resistance forces were doing the bulk of the fighting, and the US didn't want to appear to get directly involved, dressing in the same camoflage as the resistance forces could be beneficial. The resistance forces are already getting shot at, so who cares if they're blamed for one thing they didn't do along with the dozens of things they did do?

I just downloaded your pack... I like it very much, but look at the civilians...

civs.jpg

"Man" & "Man 6" (right side) look exactly the same... there are enough other nice models to use.

the third man in the back row needs face 23 or face 28, perhaps you could add a line in the config.

The chest-skin is too dark for a white face and looks a bit strange... or mention it in the readme (with the right face he looks much better bi-forums morecivs-thread)

Ah, the readme  

Well, ok you used  2 ( !? ) men form my morecivspack1.1. That´s ok, but you could have informed me about that.

And at least spell my name right: It´s "Dr.Pepper" NOT "Peeper".  crazy_o.gif !

no, those are two different faces

he was not talking about their faces,

he meant the clothes

Hi folks,

After several hours of work, 'm glad to show you the new update of the ACU soldiers as promised a couple of days ago (The final update 'hopefully' ) :-) :

[*]Replaced the previous 2D knee pads by 3D ones. (New textures as well).

[*]Enhanced the body armor by making it more authentic.

[*]Resized the 'camelback'.

[*]Included new pouches.

[*]Added a Talkie-Walkie.

[*]Improved several textures.

13pv6.jpg

24sj.jpg

39cj1.jpg

41rr.jpg

Quote[/b] ]About the blackops, if theyre meant to be indistinguisable, they should have ACU like the other troops

That's what has been carried out:

BDU US army personnel have BDU Black spotters (Day units), and the same goes to ACU US army personnel.

Quote[/b] ]but didn't receive any answer.Well, is it possible to release FFUR patch now as it's complete and you just waiting for RHS' Crocodiles (russian nickname of Hind) (patch complete status was from your words) and just release a hot fix adding better Mi24?

We keep updating and enhancing the pack while RHS Hind will be under development.

Quote[/b] ]my version has alot of textures messed up. i don't know if its the original instalation of flashpoint or FFUR but i think its FFUR because it only start getting horrifically messed up textures with it.

That is certainly due to your graphic card because it seems not supporting 'The high resolution' of the sky textures.

Quote[/b] ]Is there any chance of seeing Mi-28 Havoc in this mod.

The kamov seems to be a better replacement of the V-80 (It's supposed to be its 1st Prototyp), feel free to include the Mi-28 yourself, though. (As already reported, now you can use the FFUR 2006 with 'extra-addons' ) . :-)

Quote[/b] ]"Man" & "Man 6" (right side) look exactly the same... there are enough other nice models to use.

Thanks for pointing that out, - will be fixed.

Quote[/b] ]the third man in the back row needs face 23 or face 28, perhaps you could add a line in the config.

Neg, Civilian faces system's random, like with any other 'Human units' in FFUR/Default OFP.

Quote[/b] ]but you could have informed me about that.

Sorry, it wasn't easy at all to contact several Addons-makers because of the lack of time during the devlopment of FFUR 2006. Hopefully, this policy will get improved within the next year with the release of ArmA.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

TB, the knee pads look to big, really, and I hope they are not completed yet . .  icon_rolleyes.gif

edit:

Are thers going to be an option in the install that will replace west unit with BUD OR ACU (and the ACU wont be just an option in the editor}

qustiom:

What is this "Camleback" ? its some sort of drikning system or smt ?

TB, the knee pads look to big, really, and I hope they are not completed yet . .

Excluding the knee pads, the ACU soldiers are totally accomplished.

Quote[/b] ]Are thers going to be an option in the install that will replace west unit with BUD OR ACU (and the ACU wont be just an option in the editor}

There are 2 different configs that allow you using 1 of them as main US Army personnel. (ACU config will be the default one, though.)

Quote[/b] ]What is this "Camleback" ? its some sort of drikning system or smt ?

Hydration Pack

Regards

Thunderbird84

He has big kneepads, for big knees! wink_o.gif

TB, I saw that you will not be FFUR'ing up ArmA. Why? Have you seen the previews... the game is going to need a TB fix. At least one?

TB84 and the FFUR team have put a tremendous amount of time and effort into the FFUR series. Seeing them do ArmA would be a surprise for me.

i asked this a while back and i think tb has some R/L to take care of as far as i remember anyway...

You can't do something like FFUR out of the gates anyway, because you need a while for the various "replacements" to be made and released. Obviously, the FFUR team could work on them themselves, but that would add to any release time.

I'll enjoy FP1+DLEM ACU units. Look much better than these ones. Although still waiting for patch-it'll be quite useful and 'll fix many issues. Go, FFUR, go! wink_o.gif

DLEM-ACU are nice looking but unrealistic. FFUR is about realism and modernization. I am really happy with Tarik's ACU soldiers.

Edit: Don't forget about the Llama head models. TB84 mentioned before that they interfere with the campaign and missions.

Oh, please...unrealistic look.I don't look on these little details when playing. I got tired of those old campaigns and shitty BIS' heads'n'hands-it's 21-st century here!

Btw, had you ever seen FP1 soldiers?Perhaps they'll fit your requirements when 'll come out.

But let's be on topic from now on,mate. And still- go,FFUR,go!

Is it just me, or do they have white boots and kneepads?

Probably just the visual settings of your game.

army158th.jpg

army117la.jpg

Fresh from overseas. This should give you a better idea of the latest generation of ACU (and yes, there are multiple versions).

Just wanted to ask if there will be a seperate patch released that would fix current version if one wished to maintain that versions features, or will the entire new changes be mandatory for the patching of FFUR?